GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,608
3 members and 2,605 guests
3DGator, Phrozen Sands, zalexisopz9425
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBetaThanYou View Post
Heyyy um this is to everyoneeee who can give me any sort of answer:
I know what a sorority is, but it's the who that matters to me. I just wanna know what kind of people are in which sororities, like the "nerds" are in such and such, and the "preps/popular girls" are in whatever it's called. Personally, I think I'd be planning on looking into the preppy/popular sororities so any help that could be given would be very appreciated!! Thanks

Danielle

wow...i don't think someone with that attitude is fit for greek life.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDISU View Post
At my school, once you sign a bid card and then either de-activate or de-pledge; you have to wait a full calendar year before joining another house.
That's a universal NPC rule. However we get that question a LOT and not just from people who pledged, from initiated members.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDISU View Post
At my school, once you sign a bid card and then either de-activate or de-pledge; you have to wait a full calendar year before joining another house.
If you depledge - that is, you haven't been initiated - you can wait a year (and it's not a "full calendar year", it's a "season to season" year - i.e depledge in fall, join somewhere else the next fall) and then pledge and join another sorority.

However, once you initiate into an NPC, even if you "deactivate" you may not join another NPC sorority EVER. If there are sororities on your campus taking women who have been iniated into other sororities, they and the women could be in major trouble. Especially if the chapter that takes them is aware they were in another group - this could lead to Panhellenic sanctions. This practice must be discontinued immediately, if it is occurring.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If you depledge - that is, you haven't been initiated - you can wait a year (and it's not a "full calendar year", it's a "season to season" year - i.e depledge in fall, join somewhere else the next fall) and then pledge and join another sorority.

However, once you initiate into an NPC, even if you "deactivate" you may not join another NPC sorority EVER.
So this is probably a silly question. And I just want to know for my own personal knowledge, not because I want to. Here it goes.....

Can you join an NPHC or a multicultural GLO, if you've already initiated an NPC sorority?

Cause I know you can join an honours society like Phi Beta Kappa.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOETaleah View Post
So this is probably a silly question. And I just want to know for my own personal knowledge, not because I want to. Here it goes.....

Can you join an NPHC or a multicultural GLO, if you've already initiated an NPC sorority?

Cause I know you can join an honours society like Phi Beta Kappa.
http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=82224

I'm not in the NPHC, but to make a complicated answer short...NO.

As far as multicultural GLOs go, it would depend on the organization's membership policies, I'd imagine.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

"I really want to join a Frat but i hear they all haze. Is that true?"

A: Ask them
Old 04-30-2007, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation SERIOUSSSSSSS MATTER!!!

If you have not visited AKA1908.COM and reviewed ALL the history and KNOW IT, then you will NEVA, EVA, EVA--NEVA, EVA, EVA make ANY 2008 intake before the Centennial Boule.

And don't think you will make it without choosing to attend ALL chapter functions from this point forward, MOST EXTRA-ESPECIALLY COMMUNITY SERVICE!!!

And it is a copout if you have failed to meet my sorors--you had BEDDA find out and find some interested sisters!

And it will COST for alumnae or graduate membership if approved.

And legitimacy of our intake process is verified by appropriate paperwork and several old women present--at least 80 years old... If you don't see them, then the process is most likely illegal... Use your best discretion and common sense.

It would behoove you to visit and announce yourself on the AKA AVE

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
If you have not visited AKA1908.COM and reviewed ALL the history and KNOW IT, then you will NEVA, EVA, EVA--NEVA, EVA, EVA make ANY 2008 intake before the Centennial Boule.

And don't think you will make it without choosing to attend ALL chapter functions from this point forward, MOST EXTRA-ESPECIALLY COMMUNITY SERVICE!!!

And it is a copout if you have failed to meet my sorors--you had BEDDA find out and find some interested sisters!

And it will COST for alumnae or graduate membership if approved.

And legitimacy of our intake process is verified by appropriate paperwork and several old women present--at least 80 years old... If you don't see them, then the process is most likely illegal... Use your best discretion and common sense.

It would behoove you to visit and announce yourself on the AKA AVE
The bolded part is VERY IMPORTANT!!!! I tired of hearing people who went through some underground crap trying to assume they have rights!! Interested ladies....DO NOT fall for the okie doke! If the grad advisor is not there you betta run like hell in the opposite direction!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBetaThanYou View Post
Heyyy um this is to everyoneeee who can give me any sort of answer:
I know what a sorority is, but it's the who that matters to me. I just wanna know what kind of people are in which sororities, like the "nerds" are in such and such, and the "preps/popular girls" are in whatever it's called. Personally, I think I'd be planning on looking into the preppy/popular sororities so any help that could be given would be very appreciated!! Thanks

Danielle
Gamma Phi Beta is definitely not preppy/popular. You wouldn't want them.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
I tired of hearing people who went through some underground crap trying to assume they have rights!! Interested ladies....DO NOT fall for the okie doke! If the grad advisor is not there you betta run like hell in the opposite direction!!
Moreover, my Soror Babs, ain't taking punches... YOU WILL BE EXPELLED IF DISCOVERED THAT YOUR PROCESS WAS ILLEGAL!!!

Why try and join Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. by some unsanctioned process and think you have just as many rights as me? All because you thought that taking "wood" would make you legit?

Hayle, it's a privilege for your application for membership is being considered at this time! You had better realize your rank...

Moreover, if you are in my city and I haven't seen you at our last public function, I am voting against your approval... Pearls be dayumed. I am tired of paying assessments because women fail to understand the requirement and extent of commitment to my Sorority...

And I am almost a Silver Star...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Moreover, my Soror Babs, ain't taking punches... YOU WILL BE EXPELLED IF DISCOVERED THAT YOUR PROCESS WAS ILLEGAL!!!

Why try and join Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. by some unsanctioned process and think you have just as many rights as me? All because you thought that taking "wood" would make you legit?

Hayle, it's a privilege for your application for membership is being considered at this time! You had better realize your rank...

Moreover, if you are in my city and I haven't seen you at our last public function, I am voting against your approval... Pearls be dayumed. I am tired of paying assessments because women fail to understand the requirement and extent of commitment to my Sorority...

And I am almost a Silver Star...

Each paragraph becomes more and more ridiculous! It will never be this serious to a grounded being. Unreal, yet hilarious! Lol!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Ignorant for sure posting!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I was asked one time by some geek if we had any catty and mean people with us. I told her that of course we don't. We only have bitches! hahaha You shoulda seen her face! Priceless
Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiel View Post
I was asked one time by some geek if we had any catty and mean people with us. I told her that of course we don't. We only have bitches! hahaha You shoulda seen her face! Priceless
Lame.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
Closed Thread