GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Epsilon Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 702
0 members and 702 guests
No Members online

Old 06-20-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveofviolets28 View Post
I think that was Alpha Sigma Alpha. The Aephi website only says Chaptered in 1965. And I know Alpha Sigma Alpha was one of the first ones started at Kent. I bet the one that lasted the longest is the one they'll take. Too bad the interest group of Aephi disband....
I actually was looking at the wrong group. AEPhi was on campus from 1965-1984.

Expansion is a pretty complicated process (involving more than just picking one that has been on campus before).

Kent is not currently open for expansion.

However, if it were to become open, there are many factors that go into determining which sororities would be asked to present.

All NPCs not currently on campus would be given the opportunity to submit materials (including those who have been on campus before) and there's no way to say for sure which groups the school would invite.

It depends on who is interested and submits materials to be considered. So who knows what would happen.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:30 PM

ASA was at Kent State from 1926 to 1939.

And length of time on a campus has nothing to do with which group gets picked. It could be rationalized just as much that the one who was there the shortest time is the one who gets picked because they have less "baggage" in the form of alums wanting to have their say as to what the chapter will be. Or it could be the one whose members are all dead because the chapter closed in 1899. Or it could be the one that just closed 5 years ago so there's a large alumnae pool. Or it could be the one that the president of the college always wanted to join and wants to AI into. Who knows???
Old 06-29-2015, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

How are the Alpha Epsilon Phi colonies?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.