GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,516
2 members and 1,514 guests
gatordeltapgh, Phrozen Sands

Old 09-13-2003, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Venting.......

Ok, this has nothing to do with Gamma Phi, but if you can't vent to your sisters who can you vent to?????? My boyfriend's at the M's game (on my ticket) and the cats could really care less.

Today was going great, but tonight seems to be another story in the last half hour.

First, I managed to cause the washing machine to leak (by following the directions that said to wash 2 pillows together to keep it balanced). NICE mess there. THEN, I took a nice chunk out of my thumb on my apple corer. If the game was over, I'd just go to bed..............

But, the day started with a Gamma Phi thanking me for contacting her about her sister's badge so it's not that bad........
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2003, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Melanie, I hope you realize that both of your incidents are in fact your boyfriend's fault for going to the game and not taking you out to dinner. I hope he fixes this soon.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, the THIRD one occurred when I broke the knob on the washer.........

We won't go there about him taking me out to dinner. He's a laid off ex-Boeing worker who's in school for re-training and thinks I should pay for him to go out. BUT, we'll see how long this one lasts...

But, MAN I just got home from the Gamma Epsilon Exec Board retreat and I didn't quite realize how things have chaged so much in the 11 years I graduated. The magnitude of the whole "more than x members together at something makes it a Gamma Phi event" hit me. How does that play into things like Fraternity formals? When I was in college about 20 of us ended up at Sigma Nu White Rose..........
Old 09-13-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
But, MAN I just got home from the Gamma Epsilon Exec Board retreat and I didn't quite realize how things have chaged so much in the 11 years I graduated. The magnitude of the whole "more than x members together at something makes it a Gamma Phi event" hit me. How does that play into things like Fraternity formals? When I was in college about 20 of us ended up at Sigma Nu White Rose..........
Maybe Cele will know? I'm not sure either - we always joked that SigEp banquet is actually a Gamma Phi event because about 10 of us are usually there. The same thing goes into play for a lot of fraternity parties, Student Senate meetings, etc.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
hi, sorry to crash, but I was thinking about a certain someone in posession of my number who hasn't called yet and got distracted.

The "five of us together makes it an event" is a problem across the board I think. We kinda try to sidestep it... i.e. if it's a fraternity function, it's a fraternity function. Delta Chi parites & formals could have doubled as Phi Mu parties/formals, but since D Chi organized/planned/housed it, what're you gonna do.

Of course, as DeltAlumn pointed out in some other thread, it's a lot to do with how you project yourself, too -- if you don't identify yourselves as part of your group, it seems less threatening. e.g. we certainly don't do any cheers or wear lavileres when we know there will be imbibing of certain substances. We giggle together and maybe take a picture of us and our dates and otherwise we're just close friends who happen to be in the same place at the same time.

and for the record, I agree. He should've taken you out to dinner.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL, no dinner. Well, we did have pizza but I bought. Don't think this is going to last much longer, but I don't really care. It would take WAY to long to explain about Brian but suffice to say he has no clue what sarcasm is, everything is almost life or death, and he has to comment about everything. I think he just wants to be able to tell me something I don't know and impress me or something. It's more annoying.

My question was really just rhetorical...........

At the retreat, they were brainstorming for social events and I realized that they don't do anything in the fraternity houses because not all of them are dry. I guess on the campus only Phi Delt is dry (I thought they all were) so technically, they can't have functions in the other houses.

We graduated a WHOLE lot of seniors too........
Old 09-14-2003, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, BTW...................

Guys RARELY call. Sorry.........
Old 09-14-2003, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah. And this one didn't.

I say Brian gets the boot. He sounds no fun.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

As long as we are venting...

I'd just like to say that I hate every Office of Financial Aid, ever. I am entirely convinced they are all the spawn of Satan, existing purely to make me miserable. Marquette has lost about $1000 of my financial aid, and charged me for housing deposits - but I don't live in the dorms!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: As long as we are venting...

Kathleen,

That does suck big time.

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I am entirely convinced they are all the spawn of Satan, existing purely to make me miserable.
Doesn't this distinction go to men?????? LOL
Old 09-15-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

$10 says the head of financial aid is a guy
Old 09-15-2003, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not sure if the head of financial aid is a guy. All the people I have dealt with there are women who do not meet the 5 criteria for Gamma Phi Beta membership.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

It must be a financial aid job thing.......

Brian complained about the ones helping him too quite a bit.

Good Luck...........
Old 10-10-2003, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

Remember how excited I was to transfer to Marquette?

I forgot how much harder school would be! Stupid midterms next week.

Also, if you know any junior transfer students who live off campus -- make friends with them! Living by myself is so hard after living in the Gamma Phi house, and I am missing my sisters a lot right now.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Kathleen, don't stress too much. You still live pretty close to your chapter, don't you? I know it may not help without having them around all the time, but things will get better and, although this is a little depressing, the lack of people you know may help you focus on your midterms.

I totally understand how you're feeling though- I became pretty depressed after graduating. Although I don't live far from campus and haven't gone anywhere yet since graduating, I experienced the lack of a social life for a little while. Not that I couldn't call people up, but I felt like the alum burden on my sisters, so it took a quite a bit of persuasion to get me out.

Things will look up... and you always have us on GC...

In IIKE, Carol