GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,307
1 members and 2,306 guests
MSKKG

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2018, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Revolutionary Recruitment!

Hi all! I just recently completed the recruitment process at my university and wanted to share my recruitment experience with everyone! My university has thirteen chapter, so each will be named by one of the thirteen colonies!

Round One:

Rhode Island: I was very apprehensive walking into this house due to my preconceived ideas. I was so wrong though! I walked in and had a great conversation! Although appearance wise I didn't think I would fit in, I felt as if the girl rushing me was actually interested in me! I walked out and told my Pi Chi I was surprised by this house.

North Carolina: The conversation here was very rough although, I could tell the girl was really trying. It just felt forced and even when I was bumped, it didn’t get any better. I wanted to like this house but this was not a good first impression.

New York: I loved this house!! I had such a good conversation with the girl rushing me about academics and Mexican food. I just knew I could see myself here.

Virginia: I had really hyped this house up in my head because I had a few friends in it. I went in a felt so comfortable because I knew they would be rooting for me. I ended up having a great conversation with a girl who was very well matched to me. She was so sweet and gave me a lot of great advice about my major!

New Hampshire: This house was great! The girl and I had many common interests and she was from the same area my dad is from. We ended up talking about baby names and peacocks (random, I know). I felt like I could really be myself here.

South Carolina: This house was very calm and relaxed. I had three great conversations each time I was bumped. Although it was nice, I couldn’t see myself here.

Maryland: The girl I talked to was very well matched to me and we had a great conversation. I could see myself here and I could also see how great their sisterhood was from the very beginning. I knew a few girls from this house and they were all so sweet.

Massachusetts: I talked to two wonderful girls here. The first one was quieter and more reserved, and I was able to really talk about all that I had done in high school and my interests. The second girl was very outgoing, and she gave me a lot of great information. She really highlighted academics which is something I loved.

Connecticut: I came into this house feeling like it was a more alternative, “hippie” house. I didn’t know if I would fit in here, but all the girls were so kind and bubbly. I really enjoyed my conversations with both of the girls I talked to. After I walked out of this house, all the girls in my group were raving about it! Everyone had loved it!

Georgia: This was a newer house on campus and coming in I felt like the girls were going to be very cool and alternative. That description doesn’t really match me at all so I didn’t know what to expect. I had a good conversation here but didn’t love it.

New Jersey: Overall, I had a good conversation here and nothing was awkward. The girl rushing me was so nice to me and really made me feel confident. She knew what she was talking about when it came to their academics.

Pennsylvania: This was a holy grail house in my mind. I had so many cousins, aunts, and other family members in this house. I had gotten multiple recs and had such high expectations. They were crushed. I came out of this house disappointed with the superficiality that I had felt through my conversation. I didn’t enjoy my time here and to be honest, I was so sad that it wouldn’t be the place for me.

Delaware: I didn’t have any preconceived ideas about this house. I walked in with an open mind and was rushed by a super sweet girl. Although, this house would be the least memorable of the day. It didn’t stick out to me and I didn’t know if I wanted to go back.

I felt that overall I had a great round one and my feelings were pretty neutral at this time. I hadn't fallen in love with any and I hadn't ruled any out. I decided not to try to drop Pennsylvania because I had such a familial attachment to it. At the end of round one, I ranked my bottom three and kept the top ten. I ranked:

1. Delaware
2. North Carolina
3. Georgia