GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,674
1 members and 1,673 guests
TLLK

Old 10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Alpha*Xi*Abby
Student Loan Consolidation

Hey Ladies

I am getting ready to consolidate my student loans (ugh!) and am looking at my options. Has anyone gone through the consolidation with the company that Alpha Xi recommends for us? I'm curious about them - I mean if someone is going to get the "finders fee" for landing my and my loan consolidation, I would prefer that it benefit something I actually care about, but are they good to work with? Are they cheating me on the interest rate? Does anyone have loan consolidation advice at all? I feel completely lost! HELP!

Xi <3 Abby
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it still Collegiate Funding Services? That's who I used. They were wonderful! At one point I had filled out an application and decided not to use them...they didn't call to harass me for my business. Then I changed my mind and ended up going w/ them. I have not had a single issue. I highly recommend! I don't know if FH gets a "finder's fee" or what from using them. I hope so, as I certainly had quite a bit of loans to consolidate (and I will again in about four years... ).
Old 10-25-2006, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Alpha*Xi*Abby
Smile

It's still collegiate funding services. Thanks for responding - I feel SO beyond lost wtih all of this. I had started consolidation with Educational Direct because they started telling me that they were the only program and I got really trapped and they started harassing me and calling my cell phone and calling me at work so I'm back to square one. It's so hard to tell who's telling the truth. I have quite a pile of loans myself and I know I have to start figuring this out soon. I think I'll start the process with them - it's really nice to hear an opinion from someone about them (particularly a good one!) I really appreciate it!