GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,392
1 members and 2,391 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb I need help for Recruitment.....

Ok so this is my first post/thread b/c after being a sister for 3 years, I JUST NOW ran across this forum thing. LoL. Anyways, I am in charge of the first day for Recruitment coming up. Everything for my day is done EXCEPT for the nametags sisters are supposed to wear. I have no idea what to do for these. And they need to be 3-D. Our shirts are light blue with diamonds and pearls on it. I don't want to say too much on here just in case someone from another sorority decides to spy. LoL. Seriously, this day is not themed and is very laid back in terms of decorations, music, etc. So if you all have any good ideas on what to do, it can be ANYTHING and how to make it 3D ish. PLEASE POST!!! Thanks!

Xi Love from Zeta Xi
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Ok ... let me see if I can explain this brain storm I just had ..

how about teddy bears made from 3 or 4 layers of brown construction paper in that decrease in size and lighten in color?

that would give you a 3-d effect (at least you'd have some depth) and the members names could either be on the teddy's belly or on a sign it was holding.

what'd'ya think??? -- Martha Stewart I'm not....
Old 07-20-2005, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's another.....

Since you pointed out diamonds and pearls on your shirt.....this could be a stretch, but subliminal messages to PNM's here....use the shape of the NM pin and use some really shiny cloth (gold or opaque lame) or paper that is shiny. Fashion the nametag to look like jewelry. You can use sequends (sp?) (ok, not gaudy ones) around the edges or something.

It may sound tacky, but Michael's is a great place to explore and find some great ideas!!

By the way, one of advisors I work with is a Zeta Xi (Bevlynn)....she's awesome!!! I couldn't live without her when the chapter is in school and she respresents you guys wonderfully!!!! Good luck during recruitment!! Only a couple weeks away now, right?

-Trish
Old 07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

What about diamond shaped name tags with each girls name spelled out in glue and glitter sprinkled on them? you could get different colored glitter nd do different parts as each one dries....do the name in one color glittler, maybe a border to the AZD letters in the corner in a different color glitter....

OR ever better, as Trish said, you can go to michaels and get sheets of the "foam paper" where you can cut out shapes....do layers (kinda like AZ-AlphaXi said) and put write the girls name on the top layer in glue and glitter, or maybe in the sqeezable puff paint. Something like that you can use whatever shape you want....I just mentioned a diamond because of your shirts.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

As long as they are only for sisters (not pnms) I think that name tags in the shape of quillls would be cute. I would make them out of yellow foam, doubled for thickness, with glued or sewn on large faux pearls or diamonds(or both) Since it is the first party, I think that it would leave a strong impression that wouldnt be confused with any other sorority.

Good luck with recruitment!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Hey Adrienne!

Tina got me hooked on here a couple of years ago...
Old 07-23-2005, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

LoL Hello!!!
Thanks for all the great ideas.....I think we are gonna do a Diamond thing to cover up the Pi Chi's. And for the sisters name tags.....I think a black stilleto shoe. We'll see and yes Recruitment starts on Aug. 8th. Fun Times had by all. LoL. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

All Smiles Here :)

Yeah! I'm glad to know other people are 'almost' as addicted as I am to Greekchat. I hope everything goes great with Recruitment. It's kinda funny to think about how much I miss being in Auburn with all of my sister. Don't tell anyone but I kinda miss being there for Recruitment.

Xi Love!
Tina

War Eagle
Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

totally off topic...but Auburn girls MUST rock - cause my Financial Advisor is from Auburn! Can you guess who she is? I'm pretty sure whe was FVP while at there, if not for several years.... I think she graduated....in 2003? Could be wrong about that though.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TxGirl
How's the swing and sway going this year??? Hope everyone likes the new skit. It's "So Hot!"

Last edited by TxGirl; 08-02-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My grand lil was So Hot as Paris!!! LoL. Yea it was the best skit we have ever had since I have been a member.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Well, since this seems to be turning into the Auburn Shout-Out thread, I guess I should holla at ya'll. Recruitment Week was FABULOUS this year. The best one in the 5 years I have been involved with the chapter. Great work girls.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Auburn! Hold down that SEC! It can be really hard with all the traditionally southern sororities. I'm sure your new member class is the best!

Sarah
University of Kentucky Xi chapter '02