GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,278
1 members and 2,277 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Re: Brushes with Celebrities

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages

I was a guest on the Oprah Winfrey show in Nov 1996. Flew out, stayed in OmniSuites . She was definitely the boss. All business, did not interact with her audience during breaks like you would have expected. I was a big fan before then, don't even watch her now.
This is disappointing. I was surprised to find the same thing out with Carson Daly when he hosted TRL. He didn't even look at the people in the audience...as soon as there was a break he walked right off to the side where no one could see him.

Jay Leno was kina the same way..only he came out before the show was being filmed and interacted with the audience and even took a few pictures.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:56 PM
ADPiZXalum

I met Mike Tyson in San Antonio one time when I was getting my car out of valet (or waiting for it to come out, whatever). I walked towards the guy taking the ticket and he was sitting there on a bench. I did a double take and he started laughing because I kinda jumped, startled. I walked up to him and introduced myself and he said, "I'm Mike" and I was like, Yea I know!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i also met mike tyson!! i was leaving las vegas, before i moved here, and we were in the aiport, and my mom was like OH MY GOD.. so we went over there and took our pictures with him and got his autograph, it was pretty cool. and when i was growing up in new york, my best friends uncle was the coach for our community college's baseball team, and he had known mark lemke, so mark lemke always hung out around us, because of uncle joey. never really realized who he was until i got a little bit older...
my dad has met roy jones jr, and george foreman at one of the boxing matches he went to. .. good times
Old 02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiZXalum
I met Mike Tyson in San Antonio one time when I was getting my car out of valet (or waiting for it to come out, whatever). I walked towards the guy taking the ticket and he was sitting there on a bench. I did a double take and he started laughing because I kinda jumped, startled. I walked up to him and introduced myself and he said, "I'm Mike" and I was like, Yea I know!!!
Did you scream "rapist" in his weird voice?

-Rudey
Old 02-05-2004, 01:45 PM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
Did you scream "rapist" in his weird voice?
No, but I did cover my ears as I quickly walked away. And for all of you who are wondering, he does talk like an 8 year old girl in real life.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Famous people

I was a extra in the movie BIG FISH. Ewan McGregor and Steve Buscemi were in the scene I was in. I was in a close-up shot with Steve & five other girls and Tim Burton directed us on what to do. It was a lot of fun. I did not realize how short these actors really were or how strange Tim Burton really is.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Re: Famous people

Quote:
Originally posted by gphib_95
I was a extra in the movie BIG FISH. Ewan McGregor and Steve Buscemi were in the scene I was in. I was in a close-up shot with Steve & five other girls and Tim Burton directed us on what to do. It was a lot of fun. I did not realize how short these actors really were or how strange Tim Burton really is.
That is cool. I always thought Tim Burton was strange. If you think of all of his movies and his use of color and all (Edward Scissorhands, Night before Halloween) I always thought he's be a little wierd. But that is soo cook that you got to see him in action. He's a brilliant director.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:23 PM
cutiepatootie

Re: Brushes with Celebrities

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
Living where I do in Iowa...especially during caucus season, we get all the candidates and celebrities stumping for them in our town. I LOVE IT. Amongst the celebrities this year, I got to shake hands with Jeannie Garfalo, Joan Jett, Carole King, and Anni Defranco. I met all the candidates upclose and personal...shaking hands and chatting. Did I say I love Iowa in caucus season?

I went to HS in So Cal (Redlands) with Harry Blackstone III (son of Harry Blackstone Jr, magician). What a babe! I thought I was going to melt in his arms during a slow dance at the Drama Club party....maybe I did Highlight of my Jr year in HS (his dad was pretty nice guy too...although very tall!)

My uncle was, in years past, in tight with Chicago Cubs players because he kept his *cough* yacht in the same harbor as
many of them. Got to meet quite a few of them that were in Billie Williams time. Another uncle was in tight with the Bears of the Jim McMahan era. Met a few at a party...big guys with "roamin" hands..ugh.

My boss (at the time) lived next door to John Mellencamp (when he had his residence on Hwy 46 just east of Bloomington, IN). Her property was adjacent to his and they shared a pond. She said he was the worst neighbor and "I wouldn't walk across the street to spit on him if he was on fire". Foul mouthed and thought he was always right (in property dispute). Eventually she sold out to him (for a premium) and he converted her place to a recording studio.

I was a guest on the Oprah Winfrey show in Nov 1996. Flew out, stayed in OmniSuites . She was definitely the boss. All business, did not interact with her audience during breaks like you would have expected. I was a big fan before then, don't even watch her now.

Cool you are from redlands...i am from victorville
Old 02-21-2004, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Re: Re: Brushes with Celebrities

I used to work at a gourmet grocery store in West Hollywood and encountered a lot of famous people. Most of them are really cool if you don't act like you know them and you just treat them normally... let's see:

Illeana Douglas (the weird psychic chick in Stir of Echoes)
Jodie Foster
LL Cool J
James Woods
Henry Winkler
Jenny McCarthy (SOOO NICE!! She was such a sweetie and is so much prettier without makeup on!)
Mike Myers
Ben Stien
Andrew Dice Clay
Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston (Brad has a lot of acne scars on his face... still got a hot smile though)
Renee Zellweger (when she was kind of grossly skinny- I got to watch her dog outside the store for her while she shopped!)

I can't remember any others right now, but it was kind of fun working there and seeing these people do normal, everyday things...