GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,740
4 members and 2,736 guests
Cookiez17, John, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 08-11-2000, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Hehehe----Yall thats ok!

I just want to live life to the fullest and have a good time in college. I'm a responble person and i do have my limits. I think i have sat myself as a slutty and drunk on these boards-No its not like that at all. I was never popular in school and to be honest with yall, I want to be everything that i wasnt in HS. I want to be the pretty sorority chick that all the guys fight over. I never even went to my proms i just sat home and felt sorry for myself, because all of my chick friends are SOoooo pretty and i was not as pretty at they were. They got all the cute guys and i got stuck with the dorks. I want to become a new person in college.But like my mom said and some of the people on this board have personally told me I am talking this whole sorority thing outta control and i am strongly sorry for it. I hope i havent offended anyone or done anything to make yall mad. I'll try to grow-up just a little bit. Bye heather

*Please yall dont have to be sorry*
its ok I'm totally sorry!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2000, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Wink

See, now I can totally understand that, Heather1981. I can relate....sort of. I did the same thing when I went away to college but for different reasons.

In high school, I was really shy. I looked at going away to school as a way to become more independent, out-going, etc. It worked. I really had to take the initiative to meet people. This led me to get involved in the different organizations on campus. I'm just not the same person I was in high school because of this.

Heather1981, just don't lose sight of why you're really there...to get an education!
Old 08-11-2000, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Hi Heather. I would have preferred to comment to you by email rather than a public forum, but you don't have an address listed.
--------------------------------------------
Quoted by Heather:

I want to be the pretty sorority chick that all the guys fight over. I never even went to my proms i just sat home and felt sorry for myself, because all of my chick friends are SOoooo pretty and i was not as pretty at they were. They got all the cute guys and i got stuck with the dorks. I want to become a new person in college.
---------------------------------------------

You don't have to be in a sorority to have that impact. When I was in high school, I did not go to my proms, I did not party, and I was an introvert (very shy). The only thing that pushed me to the forefront was my musical abilities. I wanted to make a change in college also, but I remembered something that I want to caution you to remember. Education is the reason why you're there. So, although I did get a better fashion sense while I was in school, and I pushed myself to get out a little more (although I still don't like to party, but that's just my personality), I made that change before I joined a sorority. Trust me, fun (lots of it) will come with college as well. But when you join a sorority, make sure it's for the right reasons. Not just to be pretty, popular, or have guys fight over you. You can be pretty and self confident (that attitude alone will draw popularity and guys)without a sorority. Being in a sorority is not what drives guys crazy, and if a guy didn't act interested in me before I got my letters, trust me, he need not look now that I have them. And to be honest, you have to bring a strong sense of self into a sorority to succeed. Without that, you'll change into something not that many people (including your future sororty sisters)will like. Your life will revolve around being an XYZ, and that's not good. You want to help make that sorority, not have the sorority make you.

So, no harm was meant by this post, but I felt compelled to respond to you. You sound like a very charasmatic young lady and if you can exude that much energy over the net, then imagine what effect you can have on people in person.

------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30

[This message has been edited by tickledpink (edited August 11, 2000).]
Old 08-11-2000, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Cool

Not that I want to interrupt the way the discussion is going in this topic, but I just wanted to say that most fraternity guys don't have much to say. Besides, you girls seem to be handling all these topics just fine, what exactly do you want to hear from us?

RUgreek
Old 08-12-2000, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Heatherh1981,
After talking to you last night on IM(where you seemed sweet, bright, and very excited about college)and now after reading your last post, I completely understand why you've been posting. I also wanted the 'life I never had' when I went to high school. I had a boyfriend all through high school, and was active in more organizations than you could shake a stick at. But because of my boyfriend, I wasn't really allowed to have friends. Because of that, I wasn't considered to be one of the 'pretty girls' and didn't really even have guy friends, and after my boyfriend and I broke up in February, I had no friends. My best friend now is one of the few girls who would talk to me(my ex had been a big sports star in our town- no one wanted to piss him off, I guess). I couldn't get a date for my senior prom, so a friend a town about 3 hours away drove down so I could go with him. It's kind of funny, you CAN be what you never were in high school. My ex-boyf about died when he found out I was a Gam(we have a chapter at a Univ. near my hometown, and they're all very pretty girls, and my chapter also has a great reputation). And funny how when he asks me out over my breaks, I never want to go. And also very funny how I couldn't pay for a date for my senior prom, but I had no trouble finding ones for formals. But, a lot of this came from me, not just the sorority. They just helped! You can be what you never were, as long as you're not fake about it(which I'm sure you won't be). Like someone said, you just have to be outgoing and friendly! You'll see when you get there!! I'll see you on IM!!
SIUAGD
As for your previous question-they're probably scared after reading the one about Barbie!! Guys are so silly sometimes!

------------------
"Keep your face towards the sun, but don't forget to keep your feet firmly planted ont he ground."

[This message has been edited by SIUAGD (edited August 11, 2000).]
Old 08-15-2000, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

heatherh1981

I too will have to apologize for a comment I may have made in another post. I have been away from the board for a while and am now trying to catch up on what I've missed. After reading other's replies I now see that you are just extremely excited about rush & I don't blame you because I too am looking forward to it. I just have one thing to say: BE CAREFUL! I know I don't know you outside of reading your posts, but from what I have read you seem to be looking forward to the parties & the guys the most (understandable).

My cousin recently told me that one thing he misses after recently graduating was the fall rush period when the new freshmen girls came in. I know this sounds bad, but he was just being honest. You're new to the scene & trust me the guys (fraternity or not) can always pick out "fresh meat". You don't know them or anything about them and especially when you are new to college you can get caught up in everything. It being your freshman year you'll, no doubt, party hard which is *normal*. Not trying to sound like your mother (since we are close in age) just lookout for yourself, because until you meet people you're all you really have.

Hope I didn't overstep my bounds..just friendly advice

Allison

------------------
A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to do something.
~ Anonymous