GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,987
3 members and 1,984 guests
babobygooglet93, oncegreek, TLLK

Old 09-29-2003, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Are all LGLOs "Up and Coming"?

Most of the larger LGLOs are national at this point (or at least consider themselves to be national), but do we all still fall into the "up and coming" category? Latino greeks are a pretty recent phenomenon--almost all of the LGLOs are less than 30 years old, and many of the orgs are less than 20 years old. A lot of these orgs are expanding at a rapid rate (faster than, say, many of the NPC or PHC orgs, as expected when comparing young, "growing" orgs to much older and more established orgs), but all of the more established LGLOs have National governing bodies, national web pages, national conventions, meetings, events, etc. SOOOO my question is: where do we fit in (in your opinion)? In the "National" category? The "Up and Coming" category? The "Already national and pretty well-established, but still growing pretty fast and have more establishing to do" category (lol)? I would love to hear opinions on this topic, especially from any fellow members of LGLOs (but of course all opinions are welcome. )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-30-2003, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I think all of the LGLOs are up and coming. I belong to Lambda Theta Phi ,the largest Latin fraternity out there with over 70 chapters. When you think about it, 70 is not alot compared to the Divine Nine or mainstream orgs.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
I still consider Latin GLOS "up and coming". They are very quickly establishing their presence, but aren't widely enough known yet to be firmly established as a National. Does that make any sense?

Though I definately can see this changing soon!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

A new chapter of Sigma Gamma Lambda just chartered at my Alma Mater.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-08-2003, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't really consider most of the Latin Orgs up and coming. When I was in school, LUL, LPC, and SIA were "normal" to me.

If an org considers itself National, then I consider it National, too. Think big!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most LGLO belong under an umbrella similar to NPHC. If this is true, then you are not "up and coming". You have already arrived.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
I think I will correct what I said earlier. See, I'm not really familiar with the LGLOs because there are none here in Arkansas. However, in other areas, they are quite common. I'd say they're definately national, just on a smaller level than NPC or NPHC groups...but they're getting there.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not claiming to have any expertise in the area, since I've only heard of LGLOs through GreekChat, but I see them as "up and coming national organizations". They should have to have a more well-known national presence for me to stop thinking of them as "up and coming"...but I think LGLOs are definitely on the way to that!!!