GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,453
2 members and 2,451 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 08-24-2003, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, my name is Andrea (Hi Andrea) and I am a rush thread addict.

(Tell us your story)

So it all started back when Delta Gamma was colonizing at NC State. I was following CJ's thread because of course she was a legacy of DG and also a legacy from my chapter! I was sooo happy when she pledged DG as a colonizing member!!

But now, its even worse.....I had my breaking point last night. I was getting my usual "everytime I check my email, I check GC" updates and JAM posted an interesting message. This sent ajuhdg and I into a tailspin and that is when I realized that I was truly addicted. We PMed back and forth along with CJ and then got into a AIM chat room and talked for who knows how long trying to figure out her riddle. As the night went on, we kept adding people to the group. We all basically determined that we were out of our minds.....

So I guess I'll make a promise....I promise not to be psychotic when a PNM is possibly going to go DG on the board, and I promise not to freak out when someone gives us a hint either. AHHHH what am I saying!!! Its more like.....I promise that I will continue to be a rush thread addict until there are no more rush threads to read!!!!!

Oh by the way.....I preffed DG and ADPi.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-02-2003, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Is anyone else just sitting in front of their computer hitting the refresh button continuously???
Old 09-02-2003, 05:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Guilty as charged and it is killing me that I have to leave for work in a few minutes!

Glad I have a short shift

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristin AGD
Is anyone else just sitting in front of their computer hitting the refresh button continuously???
Old 09-02-2003, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Me! Me! Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristin AGD
I'm new to this and this is just completely and totally addicting! I don't know if I'm glad or sad that I agreed to go to a "Tastefully Simple" party tonight! I have to leave the computer, but maybe that's a good thing because some of these rush threads have me sitting on the edge of my seat!!!!

Dee
Old 09-02-2003, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Hi, my name is Jennie and I am a recruitment thread and forum addict!

It started with just scanning the GC site, figuring out what was going onin the other general forums. Once I started reading PNM's stories, I was hooked! I couldn't stop....I'd sit in bed while trying to fall asleep and wonder who had posted an update to their recruitment thread!!!

I've found that this forum has let me relive the days of recruitment and want to be a help to as many people as I can (I even flew 2000 miles this past January back to my alma mater to help my chapter with recruitment) and since I only started scoping this forum within the past two weeks, I know that I still have alot of help in me to give!

When reading a recruitment thread that has my chapter at their university, I dilligently write down the PNM's name, university (if given), chapters on campus, and Bid day as a way to keep track of who's going through recruitment and when they'll be a member of their new homes! I also check all the other recruitment threads and try to give as much encouragement as I can because I know that recruitment is a stressful time!!!(I wish I had known about GC when I was a PNM...I was a sophomore and all my friends were already in sororities, so I couldn't talk to any of my friends about recruitment for most of the week, and then couldn't talk to them at all after pref until I got home from bid day )

Thanks for being such a supportive group for my addiction...I'm proud to be surrounded by others like me!

I preffed ADPi and Tri Delta
Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi

I've found that this forum has let me relive the days of recruitment and want to be a help to as many people as I can (I even flew 2000 miles this past January back to my alma mater to help my chapter with recruitment)
Jennie, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-02-2003, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

ok...how do all of you addicts handle opening gc and not getting the results on the opening page???? it makes me crazy. i basically close my eyes and go right to the forums and click rush from there. there is nothing worse than reading "congrats suzie on phi mu...." when you haven't heard the pnms story of bid day!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:58 AM

Well, I always check the active recruitment threads before hitting the results thread. I hear ya though, last week when there were so many bid days in a row sometimes I'd see the congrats part of the thread before the "reveal" post. That's okay, because Happy Endings are what we Rush Thread Addicts are all about!

I love email notification of thread postings! It's the addicts crutch of choice
Old 09-03-2003, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
ok...how do all of you addicts handle opening gc and not getting the results on the opening page???? it makes me crazy. i basically close my eyes and go right to the forums and click rush from there. there is nothing worse than reading "congrats suzie on phi mu...." when you haven't heard the pnms story of bid day!!!
I go straight to forums.greekchat.com/gcforums (the page you get when you click "go directly to the forums" on the main page - also the page I have bookmarked). Then I plow right into the rush forum.

I'm such an addict.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Like Polerpi, I keep a list, and mark in pencil what page I left off at so I can go straight back there! So addicted!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:12 PM

AHH! I'm going away for over a week! I'm gonna miss a bunch of rush threads!!!

I'm bringing my laptop, but I just can't quite get my head around the idea of sitting in my hotel room at this beautiful resort, checking GC, instead of hitting the spa... that would make me a total addict...
Old 09-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
AHH! I'm going away for over a week! I'm gonna miss a bunch of rush threads!!!

I'm bringing my laptop, but I just can't quite get my head around the idea of sitting in my hotel room at this beautiful resort, checking GC, instead of hitting the spa... that would make me a total addict...
And yet, if you're anything like me, you will be doing so!!

Color me pathetic...
Old 09-09-2003, 06:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Red face Oh man am I hooked...

One of my Beta sisters has now got me hooked on GC, and here I am at damn near 3 a.m. reading these rush threads.

I am addicted. Hand over the dirty spoon and lighter...if I could free base these threads and shoot them into my arm I would probably be doing much better.

I thought about GC at work today...ugh!!

I preffed AGD and Tri Delta, and I am proud to say that I am an Alpha Gam...I am sure that I would have loved the Tri Delts too... In what I call my next sorority experience, I have been so blessed to find the sisterhood of Beta Sigma Phi...

I have got to go to bed!!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

How's everyone else doing with this detox period on the rush board? Will there be anymore threads before next semester? I'm missing all the threads...
Old 10-09-2003, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
How's everyone else doing with this detox period on the rush board? Will there be anymore threads before next semester? I'm missing all the threads...
lol me too actually!!