GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,482
5 members and 2,477 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 05-24-2008, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-26-2008, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

You know, KD and AEPhi both share Green and White as colors - that makes them the EXACT SAME. They should merge.

Sigma Kappa and Tri Sigma both share the Sigma and their badge is the same triangle shape...they should merge, too.

Delta Zeta and Alpha Kappa Alpha should totally merge as well...PINK & GREEN POWER!!! They can be in both the NPC and the NPHC. It wouldn't cause ANY conflict, I promise.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It really makes you wonder what the women in power of these orgs would do without oldu pointing these obvious solutions out to them!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

The amusing thing about all of this isn't the new names, and the ridiculously large numbers...

The real problem is the merging together of two organizations with over 100 years of history, ritual, and tradition. Does the new organization now have 13 founders instead of the 5 belonging to ASA and the 8 belonging to AST? Do we merge our creeds and songs together to make one? Do we recognize two national presidents, and two vice presidents, and two treatsurers, etc? Or do we just let them duke it out to see who's running the newly-created Alpha Sigma? And not to mention our national constitutions! Our first convention would last 5 weeks if we were to try and combine the two together.

Fraternities and sororities today are built on 5, 10, 20, 50, more than 100 years of tradition, and you think it's possible to just stop all that and start over, combining two organizations that have nothing to do with each other? Simply having similar names does not make you the same. It makes you part of the greek system. There are 24 letters in the Greek alphabet. In addition to the colors of the rainbow, you have black, white, gray, and pink, and some slight variations on these. That makes about 10 colors. There are currently 123 fraternities/sororities. Chances are, some of them are going to have similar names and/or share a color or two.

I graduated from a campus that has both ASTs and ASAs, and I loved talking and hanging out with the ASA girls. I still do, in fact. And I have absolutely nothing against them. But to combine the two organizations would create complete chaos and animosity on both sides of the fence.

Honestly, what would be the purpose in bringing these two sororities together? To piss everyone off and make our lives harder? Well then, that makes sense... bring it on!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
lol
this thread's still open
yay
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a best friend who is AST and although our secondary colors may be similar to their primary colors. The organization has a different mission and goals for their members. I do not think that would be a good thing to do because I fit ASA not AST. I love AST's!! I have many great friends apart of the organization but I feel that ASA and AST are two entirely different organizations athough their colors and other things are similar.

Alpha Sigma Alpha's are Hotties... It's Obvious