GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,334
2 members and 2,332 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 07-27-2004, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
What do you remember about when you first met?

This is just a random idea I had for a new thread...

In short, how did you meet your current significant other, and what sticks out in your mind from that meeting?

I met my boyfriend at work (which was dining services on campus) and the first time we actually got to talk, I remember he hadn't been feeling too well and he told me how he has an "iron stomach" so when he feels sick it usually means he ate something really, really bad. It's not really romantic or anything, but I just remember that for some reason.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-27-2004, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
I met the guy I'm dating through Greek week! DPhiE was paired with Pika, his fraternity, for Greek Sing and he ended up being my dance partner which led to him being my date to formal which led to more

Gotta thank the Greek system for a good hookup! (That's where my last boyfriend of a year and a half came from too...not greek sing, but a mixer...and he was a great guy!)
Old 07-27-2004, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BabyP
Hmm I thought he was trying to look down on my breasts cuz he is really tall, I was talking to my friend's boyfriend and i kept pulling up my dress and holding my cape/jacket together (it was a semi formal event) lol, he said he didnt check me out but was listening to my convo. I still dont believe him
Old 07-27-2004, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by kappaloo; 12-16-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Completely the Greek System - she's an Alpha Phi, I'm a Kappa Sig, we became friends through that avenue.

After a couple of years, we got together, and that's how it happened.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Well we orginally met as kids because his cousin (now my brother in law) was dating my sister. However, I have no recollection of this. So we met again for the second time a few months ago. All I remember is staring at him saying 'I have no idea who you are'.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I dumped the better part of a bottle of beer on his head. On accident, of course!

We met at a bar my senior year of college; one of my favorite bands was playing and he had come over to Ames to visit one of his friends (who also happened to be a mutual friend of mine). I saw our mutual friend, talked to him for a bit and then he brought me over and introduced me to Mr. ISUKappa. I thought he was cute, he gave me a beer (they had like 20 lined up on the bar behind them) and I went back and sat down with my girls. About 30 mins later, I feel this tap and he's standing there, asking me to dance. By this time we were both feeling pretty good, so I say what the heck and we spend the rest of the night talking, laughing, drinking, dancing and enjoying each other's company. At one point, he dipped me, while I was still holding my bottle in the hand that was behind his bed, and it went all over his head. We managed to laugh it off and I gave him my number at the end of the night. Three days later, he called and the rest is history! We'll be together for 4 years in Nov. and married 1 year in Sept.

Oh! And evidently, we met the summer after my freshman year when I was living in a fraternity for the summer. He was again visiting our mutual friend and he supposedly spent the better part of the night hitting on me, which I have no recollection of whatsoever. But that's not saying much, I don't remember much from that summer at all!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 07-27-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my sister's was always talking to me about her cousin and how he wanted to meet me. I was in a relationship at the time and every time we all made plans to go out, things always fell through. My sister brought him to my graduation party. He tells me he hated me when he met me because he thought I was rude because I complained that he lived far away in Long Island and it is a trek to get there. Actually I was complaining because I was always invited to his band's shows but they were so far away in Long Island, I told him to book a show in Queens then I would go. It was interesting because we got together a couple weeks after I met him for the first time, what made me like him, cheesy as it sounds, but my sister was talking about how her cousin had told her he wished he could "fall in love" like everyone seemed to be around him. I thought it was sweet because it showed he was willing to settle down and how many guys actually will ADMIT they want to fall in love?!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:06 PM

One of my sorority sisters introduced me to my now-husband during my freshman / their sophomore year of college. I have absolutely no recollection of this - he was a friend of my sister's, nothing more.

During my junior year, he got a group of friends together (including my sister) to watch a TV program that I happened to like too... unfortunately the program conflicted with another TV program that a lot of people on my floor liked, so I was outvoted for the floor lounge TV, so I wound up joining up with this other group. I had to borrow a tape from him to catch up, so I got to see his dorm room, a really small single where he'd lofted his bed, stacked his bookcases and mini-fridge very efficiently, etc. I remember commenting on how well he'd arranged things in the limited space he had.

A few months later, after I'd gotten rid of the psycho I was dating and he got rid of the Wellesley chickie he was dating (who was just using him so she could go to senior ball ), he and I got together, and the rest is history
Old 07-27-2004, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I met the love of my life in High school at a football game. I was talking with a friend (who happened to be his best friend) and he kept following us around becuase he was painfully shy and didnt know what to say. We ended up dated for almost 2 years, but broke up and just got back together recently. We are not happily discuccing (sp) wedding plans and how OUR house will be.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

When my boyfriend and I met we shook hands w/the incorrect hands. I had a cell phone in mine and he had his art stuff in his.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

he says I was being rude to him,

Why do boys always say this? Mine said the same thing (scroll up) LOL
Old 07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DZGirl
haha yeah, I know.. the thing is, I really was being rude to him though.. well maybe sarcastic is a better way of putting it, but that's just how I am Obviously he liked it.
You know, I am also extremely sarcastic. So is my boy. I know when he is being sarcastic but he can't tell when I am. Is that a good or bad thing?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Quote:
Originally posted by winneythepooh7
You know, I am also extremely sarcastic. So is my boy. I know when he is being sarcastic but he can't tell when I am. Is that a good or bad thing?
You just probably need to spend more time together. My boyfriend and I used to have problems telling when we were being sarcastic with each other, but now we have no problems differentiating between when we're serious and when we're sarcastic.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
We met because his fratrenity asked me to be their Homecoming Queen and he got suckered into being their king.

My first impression was "Cute, but needs a haircut."

I found out later he lived across the hall from my best friend/boy I was totally crushing on.

By the way, he got a haircut.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003