GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,958
0 members and 1,958 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2003, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at Mizzou?

Anyone on the board from Mizzou? (That's the University of Missouri.) I'd like to know how strong the chapters returned and, of course, the rush results.

AGDAlum
.....realizing that she was Panhellenic President at Mizzou during formal rush *thirty years ago* this year
Old 08-18-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
I think that FAB*SpiceySpice (aka Kiki) is a Phi Mu at Mizzou. She's probably really busy, but she checks in from time to time.

Hope this helps!

~ Annie
Old 08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

i saw her online earlier. she mentioned in a post somewhere that things have been really crazy. i got the impression that rush wasn't over yet, but i could be totally mistaken!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Yes, she said that tomorrow was skit day, I think.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

AXJules goes to Mizzou too, although I haven't seen her around much lately.

In any case, rush isn't over yet, so we still have to wait a while for Bid Day.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ptdsp02 Send a message via Yahoo to ptdsp02
Mizzou rush

I'm a Delta Sig at Mizzou. Rush was ridiculous today. (that's coming from my point of view watching all the girls walk by in sundresses in 100 degree heat from my front porch). They didn't start today till like 3pm because of some computer glitch. So, most girls will be up till about 4 am preparing for tomorrow.

Last I heard there were about 1100 girls going through rush here.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Well here's a little rush story from my side...

Hi guys! Well I have a little bit of time right now while waiting for my toenail polish to dry before I can go to sleep. Rush at Mizzou has been insane thus far. The first day, 16 party day, was 106 degrees outside and it was insane. Today the panhellenic computers broke down and the parties were supposed to be 40 minutes long and start at 10 am I think. Instead they ended up being only 35 minutes and our passing breaks were cut to 7 from 10 minutes and parties did not start until nearly 3. Panhel did an AMAZING job however of dealing with everything and the girls in my chapter are very laid back and flexible so we weren't too fazed by the events. Once the parties started after dinner though a huge rainstorm started and we couldn't walkout so that was kind of a mess. Also I fainted from the heat earlier around the 5th party after hyperventilating because I got so overheated, it sucked!!!!

Overall though rush has been a blast and I am having a lot more fun than last year. I've gotten a TON of girls though asking me all the "bad' questions and it's been tricky to try and stay away from those subjects. I even had some girl asked me where we were "ranked" on the sorority tier based on our reputation! All three of my rush crushes came back today though as well as all but two of our legacies so that is REALLY exciting!

Tommorow is 5 party day, house tours and philanthropy day and I believe the parties are 45 or 50 minutes long and we'll start at 1:30. Tomorrow is going to be a long day though, we have to be ready at 9 am and we won't be done with decorating for pref and meetings and whatnot until well into Thursday morning!

Our pref ceremony makes me cry everytime we practice it so I really need to work on controling my waterworks for Thursday!

I probably won't have time to update until after rush, but if I can I will try!

I heard that quota is going to be about 67 and there are something like 1100 girls who started rush!

Sorry this is so long guys.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

what are the houses there?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Alpha Chi Omega
Kappa Alpha Theta
Alpha Delta Pi
Kappa Delta
Alpha Phi
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Chi Omega
Phi Mu
Delta Delta Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Delta Gamma
Sigma Kappa
Gamma Phi Beta
Zeta Tau Alpha
Old 08-22-2003, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys! Well today was Pref and we had four parties of about 55-60 women which are very full parties! I think we had an awesome recruitment, so I hope bid day pays off, but we will see tomorrow morning! Even if we do not make quota I still know that my chapter put our lives on hold for two weeks for this and put every last ounce of energy into this recruitment and I know that WE are proud of how we did!

Our pref ceremony was so beautiful, the house was decorated so beautifully and we got to eat the leftover little cakes that we had at the end of the day and they were SO yummy! I have completely LOST my voice though and I didn't go to bed until well after 5 am yesterday and woke up at 7 am this morning, so I have been sleeping all day and now I am about to go back to bed!

I am nervous but SO excited for tomorrow! Good luck to ALL the fabulous sororities here at Mizzou!!!!!

ETA: They changed quota from 67 to 66 today after receiving the final number of girls who have withdrawn from rush. We can take two free juniors, so the max number of new girls we can get would be 68!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Awesome info FAB*SpiceySpice -- keep us posted!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

i am so proud of my sisters!!! i can't wait to hear about bid day!!! keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
OHHHH IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU LADIES!!!

Keep us postedddd plllleeassssseeee

then go post how many pretty new phi's we have in my thread in the Phi Mu forum...

Old 08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi guys! Well today is BID DAY here at MU! And after doing formal recruitment for only our second time ever my chapter has gotten 60 new Phi's. Granted it is not quota but that is like all of our rush crushes plus 4 legacies! I don't know how all the other houses did yet but I can think of at least 5 houses off the top of my head that will definately have made quota. Only 7 out of 14 made quota last year, so this isn't unusual. We have a few awesome COB events planned for after school, but for right now we have an AWESOME bid day planned for all our great new girls! I am so excited I could cry b/c every girls name that they read off the list at least 5 or 6 people knew them well and wanted them very badly, so I think we are insanely lucky!!!!

We even got a girl from Omaha so I am not the only Nebraska rep here anymore!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I was hoping we'd get one, and there were only 2 out 1000 something girls from Omaha. And the other girl was her twin.

Anyway, bid day festivities start at 5 pm, we're going to the quad to pick up our girls and coming back here for a Hawaiian themed dinner and then it will be time for some mini golf! YAY!!!

We have to wear costumes and I picked up tiaras and pretty wands for my girl and I!!!

Whenever I find out the stuff about the rest of the houses I will let yall know!

ETA: Two girls I absolutely loved withdrew from recruitment , but I'm *really* hoping we pick them up through COB!!!!

Last edited by FAB*SpiceySpice; 08-22-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to the Phi Mus at Mizzou - I know how hard you worked and it's paid off!