GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,197
0 members and 2,197 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2003, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
I don't think you can have one without the other.

Acrylic nails ARE tips -- the tips are applied about halfway up the nail bed. Then you cover the whole nail with liquidy/gel acrylic, which hardens into the nail. That way when you have to redo them, you just repaint the acrylic over the part of the nail that grew out. Eventually the tips grow out and you have acrylic covering your entire nail.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2003, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Okay. Let's be blunt. I am from the south and although the University of Houston isn't AS tough as other schools, I happen to know first hand that we noticed things like nails. It had to do with self-respect. If you present yourself for the first time to someone and you DON'T look your best, that makes them wonder how seriously you are taking it. For instance, I would never go into a job interview with scraggly nails or a funky, non-conservative nail color.

That being said, I am not high maintenance. So I prefer clear on the fingers and french, red or a neutral pink (i.e. OPI sweetheart) on the toes. I keep my fingernails just barely past the tips of my fingers so that they look pretty, but breakage is less possible. Shaping is a must!

If she is wreckless with her nails when stressed (I am!) then she may break one at a bad time. So if you MUST, go ahead with the acrylic at a reputable place and keep them at what I like to call "active length". Not too long, just past the fingertip. If they are long they will get in the way as others have said.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Hands and toes will be noticed!

My son's babysitter told me that there are members of her sorority who have no problem criticizing a PNM who doesn't have a manicure or pedicure. I know this sounds shallow and maybe that's not a group you would want to be a part of, but this type of thing does get noticed during recruitment.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to AMelie03
Arrow even though it is important to look your best during rush

i dont think houses will cut you if you have a french manicure or a pink and white manicure are the red white and blue stripes on every other hand (though very icky tacky). I wouldnt' stress over what to do witht the nails, but worry on communication skills. When it comes down to it houses are going to pick girls due to there personality and how well they think they are going to fit in...not if their nails match their skirt.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:12 PM

Re: Hands and toes will be noticed!

Quote:
Originally posted by houstonchica
My son's babysitter told me that there are members of her sorority who have no problem criticizing a PNM who doesn't have a manicure or pedicure. I know this sounds shallow and maybe that's not a group you would want to be a part of, but this type of thing does get noticed during recruitment.
Thank you for posting this. The truth is not always pleasant, so I commend you for posting this and "keeping it real".