GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,029
2 members and 1,027 guests
Titchou, zabryashulze790

Old 09-11-2002, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to wear a short lavender dress.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2002, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

How is it going?

Well, by my calendar, it is September 15! How is the ZTA colonization going? I realize that tonight and tomorrow are just info nights, but be sure to let us know all the great details.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Update!

Hi folks! I was going to post something last night, but my internet connection died!

Yesterday I went to the info meeting. It lasted about an hour. I filled out a "tell us about yourself" form, peeked at the ZTA new member CD-ROM, and picked up a copy of Themis. I spent most of the time chatting with a ZTA rep and another PNM. We discussed dues (much less than I expected, thankfully), the housing situation, what's involved in being part of a colony, and the recruitment process. They also said that Installation will be some time in January (no exact dates yet).

I got most of my questions answered, although I couldn't think of a tactful way to ask about alcohol. I heard that some GLOs don't let their NMs drink, and I was wondering if that would apply to me even though I'm over 21. I also forgot to ask if I have a realistic chance of getting in even though this is my last semester.

Today there are more info meetings for the women who couldn't go yesterday. Tomorrow is Open House.

Last edited by RockChalk; 09-16-2002 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Rock Chalk -

I read today that Zeta will be working with Kappa Sigma for Rock Chalk Revue. What did the ZTA reps say about housing -- are they planning on building a house? It sounds super exciting!

Many sororities don't allow their under 21-year old NMs drink, because it's against the law. I never had anyone in my pledge class that age, so I'm not sure how houses usually address that. I think it's a fair question to ask if you are 21.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Basically they said that ZTA has the money to build the chapter a house, but they still need to find land or an existing house that they can renovate. The university has promised that the chapter will have housing in 3-5 years. There was some talk of ZTA having a floor of a dorm, but I doubt that will happen since dorm space is tight.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Our National Housing Corp. President (and local Tallahassee Alumna) is taking part of the colonization efforts this week and is looking forward to sharing the Fraternity with everyone at KU!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

RockChalk Chicken Hawk, from your Fav Gorilla Man Goodest of Luck Sweety!

Hell the AGD are building a new house next -------- Da LXA on a damn moutain of a hill!

Well Almost everything on Campi is on a Damn Hill!

Apartments took all of teh flat land except for fast food joints and well I was going to say bars but they go where they can too!

PLEASE KEWEPIE UPDATED! OOPS, Keep Us UpDated!

Luv,

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-16-2002, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

update also

I went to the info meeting today and mine lasted about 1 1/2 hrs. That seemed to go VERY well. We talked about everything just like RockChalk said she did and I did hear that there were 400 girls who signed up for the info view sessions and they they were taking the average of all of the sororities on campus which is 187, but the newspaper said about 180 so they will have a few open slots (I guess?) I hope not, I would hope they would fill those extra 7 spots.. anyway, that is how mine went today. RockChalk- good luck and maybe we will run into each other at the other events?!

Jamie
Old 09-16-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't Worry, RockChalk...

...my (real) little sister pledged as a senior with Theta when they colonized a few years ago at Loyola Marymount in LA Calif...in fact I think they took at least three seniors with that first pledge class -- voila! in a year -- instant alums!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Glad things are going so well. I love our NM CD's...still have mine and have been known to play the songs now and then HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Update...

Well, I just got back from Open House.

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if this is a good idea.

The presentations were well done, the sisters there seemed nice (although I only got to meet one) and the video was cool but... I don't know. I just don't know.

Maybe it's just that it was really hot in that room because they had to squeeze over 100 women into a rather small space. Maybe it's that I'm not the sort of person who can "work a room" and make small talk with a whole bunch of people I don't know. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Or maybe I'm just letting my insecurities get the better of me. I'm not sure.

I'll go to the event tomorrow (which will be held in a much bigger room, thankfully) and maybe I'll feel better about it then.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Joining a colony is not the same as joining an estabished chapter. New friendships have to be formed for the whole group, new traditions need to be invented. There is tremendous possibility for a wonderful experience, but you will be the begining.

I suggest sticking it out and getting a better feel for ZTA. Think about the other PNM's at the meeting. They are the people you will ultimately have a bond with.
ll,
M
Old 09-17-2002, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by XOMichelle
Think about the other PNM's at the meeting. They are the people you will ultimately have a bond with.
ll,
M
Part of the problem is that I didn't get to talk to very many of them.

BTW Amanda, I looked for you but didn't see you anywhere.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amandamarie Send a message via Yahoo to amandamarie
I was there! I was on the right side, towards the back. I thought everyone seemed nice, but yes it was incredibly impersonal. I only chatted with the people sitting around me, and they were all great. If you saw her, I was right behind the girl w/purple hair lol! Anyway, the main thing I disliked was how it seemed that they're going to pick people solely off of paper, without getting to know us, which, granted would be impossible. I have my info-view tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to make a case for myself. I really hope you'll go again tomorrow night. If you'd like, I can meet you in the lobby of the union. I'll try to get there maybe 10mins early. I'll be wearing a white sweater and a blue skirt. I'll be the big girl w/glasses lol. Anyway, I'll talk to you later :-)
-Amanda
Old 09-17-2002, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

There was a girl with purple hair? Man, I didn't see her!

Like you said, my main concern is that they don't seem to be making much effort to actually get to know any of the PNMs. I would like to have gotten to visit with the people making decisions for more than just "hi, what's your name? what year are you? gotta go."

I'll look for you tomorrow, Amanda. I'm a short blond girl with glasses. I haven't decided what I'm going to wear yet.