GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,319
0 members and 1,319 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

They just called and they're moving in...some woman just tried to introduce my daughters to each other.

The dorm is full of PNMs who are nervous and happy and discussing who they want. I told the girls to tell them to *keep an open mind*!!!!!!

On another up note: Georgia Southern will have at least 400 PNMs rushing this week! That's up from a usual 300, I believe.

Last edited by carnation; 08-11-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2002, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Ahhh, how are we ever going to stay in suspense until Friday. And to think that this is just their first day. Carnation, I can't wait to hear how it goes with the twins.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TaraHopeful
this thread is seriously going to be 100 pages long.....
Old 08-11-2002, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
On another up note: Georgia Southern will have at least 400 PNMs rushing this week!
What have recent rush numbers been at Georgia Southern and Valdosta? I'm curious. I've heard that numbers are way up on many campuses around the country!

Wow, I can't believe it's time for Recruitment!!!!!

Christin
Old 08-11-2002, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
How bout this...

In the interest of not having to go through and figure out where we stopped reading each day, Carnation, why don't you do a "Twin Rush Day 1, Day 2"... ect.... thread each day. We can read what happened on that day, and the new information can be easily found...

Good luck to the twins and everyone else going through recruitment (even me as a RC!@!!)
Old 08-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

TWIN RUSH DAY 1

Okay, until Pnguintrax and I can figure out how to deal with the length of this thread, here we begin!!!

Blazercheer called and said they went to a great orientation meeting last night. The sorority girls were really full of spirit and sang and cheered as they came in! Then everyone went over to the pizza place which, as zntke describred, wasn't big enough to get everyone in at once!

As I'm writing this, they're entering their first party--which Blazercheer says is Alpha Gam on her schedule. I have no clue about Ballerina, who was down the hall socializing during the call, which would be par for the course! They were thrilled to see that another freshman who'll be cheering too is rushing.

I just finished strolling the baby down the street before this, marveling at how it seems like yesterday that I was strolling the twins down the same street. Time really does fly--how can they be rushing this week? Thank you so much for sending such marvelous messages of support to them...please pray that I remain sane this week! Like any mom, I don't want my babies to get hurt.

We expect to hear from them tonight after the philanthropy parties (which should end after 5) and I asked them to call again when they know where they're going tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Coming back from my campus job I could tell that VSU sorority rush is in full swing! I could hear the sorority cheers quite aways back and once I came up to West hall it was very loud with girls singing. I could swear the sororities were fighting to be the loudest.
Saw a bunch of the rushies but not the "twins". Oh well, guess their groups were in one of the sorority's rooms.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Hope Blazercheer had fun at Alpha Gam! ...and that they both enjoy the whole process. Can't wait for more updates!
Old 08-12-2002, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Question ANY DATE 2 UPDATES YET??

Okay, so its 5:37 PM EST by my clock, and I've already logged in twice just to check for an update!! Can you tell that I'm at work and incredibly bored, and just dying to know how the twins enjoyed DAY 2 ?!?

I CANNOT wait to hear all about their experiences today and through the rest of rush (oops, recruitment )

BE SURE TO POST AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND OF COURSE - AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN

Carnation, these girls are very lucky to have you for their mother! I wish nothing but the best for you, your 'twins' and all pnms this recruitment season!!

Fraternally,

Jen
AGD - DZ chapter '97

Last edited by canadajen; 08-12-2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

This is addictive!

Carnation,
I'm very new to this great site, but I'm hooked on your twin's recruitment experience!
I hope they're having a great time and enjoying themselves. There is absolutely nothing like walking into the houses for the first time and meeting all the actives...it is so exciting.
So good luck to them and to you! Valdosta is a great school with great sororities for them to choose from, which is making this thread all the more exciting.
Go Greek!
And good luck to all the pnms who are all following this thread.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

I'm waiting for the little suckers to call me too but no word yet--it seems that they were supposed to eat with their Gamma Chis until about 10! Believe me, we will get something out of them within the next few hours!

Last year I got hooked on several rush threads and would stay up until all hours waiting to see where PNMs went back or pledged. My husband would say, "And we don't even know these girls, right?"

I don't know yet whether they ranked the 6 sororities tonight and will get invitations tomorrow, as some schools do, or if they'll just get invitations tomorrow and choose from what they have. I can't wait to find out!
Old 08-12-2002, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Hope YOU get some sleep this week!

At West Ga., the 1st night, August 29th, the parties are from 9:10pm-11!! I can see my mom's reaction if I called her at midnight, lol!!

Every day, events start and end at different times. Bids are handed out Monday, Labor Day at 8 p.m.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope they call soon with an update I am getting anxious!!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

They called!!!

However...and I swear I'm not doing this to prolong this...I'm going to start a new thread because several mods and others feel that this one is so long that people will have a hard time plowing through it.

See ya on the new thread!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

There are really good descriptions in here!