GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,276
2 members and 1,274 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 04-02-2014, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What financial institution does your organization use?

I abhor banks. I hate fees with a passion. I prefer credit unions for my personal finances. For the AXiD chapters that I work locally with, we use OmegaFi Bill Pay, so I don't have to deal with a "bank."

However, I was recently elected as national treasurer for KEΨ, and have got to find a bank for us to use.

Have any of you had fabulous service from your financial institutions? If so, where are you located, and is your institution online or brick and mortar? Thanks!

Last edited by amanda6035; 04-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Since you are a member of a military sorority, (I am assuming you either are or were in the military?) I use USAA for my banking. I'm not near a brick and mortar location (an hour or so away), so I do the majority of my banking online. I have to say I've been very satisfied with them.

So I would see if that might be a possibility if you could use their services for your sorority.

I do have a smaller checking and savings account with a credit union, they do have a brick and mortar location that is a little closer to where I live, but its not the most convenient for me to get there, so again I do the majority of my banking online through the credit union as well.

Good luck and congrats on your new position.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
I'm also a USAA member, and can't recommend them highly enough. Their bank is a federal savings bank, but I don't know what it would take for an organization to have an account there. If your organization is strictly military (thus, strictly those eligible for membership) you might be able. If I were in your shoes, I'd call and have a talk with them (or if you're in San Antonio, go have a face-to-face).
Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Another USAA member here for personal banking (online), and for a variety of other services.

Our GLO uses BillHighway.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to use USAA. That was my very first choice, especially since it is a military organization. But they don't do business banking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
(I am assuming you either are or were in the military?)
Were. USN 1999-2003.

Last edited by amanda6035; 04-02-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

What about BBVA Compass? I like them b/c they did not take any bail-out money. My business account is with Compass.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure if the Navy Federal Credit Union has a business banking but personal banking they're great. We almost went with NFCU for our morgage.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

How about Navy Federal CU? I'm not just saying that because you were in the Navy, but I know a lot of people who are either members or even worked for Navy Federal and I've heard only good things.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
A few of my Navy friends have recently closed NFCU accounts, but due to other political issues. I don't know if they'll do organizations.

Quote:
I wanted to use USAA. That was my very first choice, especially since it is a military organization. But they don't do business banking.
Did you explain to an account representative what the organization is?