GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,037
1 members and 1,036 guests
No Members online

Old 05-26-2011, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

exclusive dating

hey all,

I am retarded when it comes to dating etiquette, so here is my problem: If I am seeing a girl (initially, as in just went on two dates) should I not ask any girl out during this time, nor take them out.

I mean I have seen people saying that they plan on talking about being exclusive after a few dates, so what is their relationship like before that? Like seeing whoever they want i.e, the girl and others casually?

I just want to know if it would be awkward for us if she found out/saw me with someone else. I really like her, she is awesome, but I am planning to go to this 'thing' with a girl I knew since freshman year who i took to a couple formals too. But its not like we are having sex or anything.

So...ya, input please.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk2817 View Post
If I am seeing a girl (initially, as in just went on two dates) should I not ask any girl out during this time, nor take them out.
Only you can answer this question.

Quote:
I just want to know if it would be awkward for us if she found out/saw me with someone else.
Once again, only you can answer this question.

Quote:
I really like her, she is awesome, but I am planning to go to this 'thing' with a girl I knew since freshman year who i took to a couple formals too. But its not like we are having sex or anything yet.
FYP. If you really like this awesome girl than why wouldn't you want to take it to the next level and be exclusive with her?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

because i'm scared it might be too soon. And i dont know if she is seeing other people, nor can I ask because we are still in the 'new' phase and im in no position to ask about these things right now, since we are close to just hanging out/dating/going on to events and dinners.

btw phi phi bro
Pike - Beta Gamma '07
Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Ultimately it comes down to what you feel comfortable doing. The fact that you bring it up makes me think you somewhat feel "bad" doing it. Feel free to date others but I wouldn't advertise it to her nor try to hide it from her or deny it if she asks. Also be prepared to deal with her being skeezed out by you seeing other girls when/if she does find out. Good Luck bro ppka!