GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,110
2 members and 1,108 guests
indygphib

Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
If you have to ask other people then your not ready. End of story.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
If you have to ask other people then your not ready. End of story.
Other people meaning random chat board people who don't know actually know you.

A lot goes along with sex that they don't teach in sex ed. It can build a false sense of intimacy (especially for women) and breaking up is that much harder. Also, once you've lost your virginity, it's difficult to wait until your true partner comes along, so you may lower your standards because a guy is "there" and into you. Are you prepared to deal with unexpected consequences like an STD or pregnancy? Has he been tested for an STD? (Men can be carriers without symptoms, so his word isn't enough.) Is it worth it for a guy you like, but doesn't seem committed to you in any form? I know you are curious, but I hope you will make a fully informed decision before you decide to go through with it.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Also I like how you need the advice "asap" - like, is he on his way for condoms?
Haha...I was thinking he was sitting on the bed waiting for her to get the "all clear" from Greekchat.

Seriously though - Kevin gave a great answer, and honestly, these types of decisions are ones you have to make for yourself.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Think carefully about the reasons you wanted to wait. Consider whether you're ready to throw them away for someone who you'll probably end up having a deeply painful breakup with in a matter of months, if the relationship becomes "official" at all. Personally, I think virginity is too precious a thing to make decisions about based on giddy feelings. As for waiting, it isn't something that happens, it is something you choose, plan for, and carry out purposefully. It sounds like you are testing your limits with him, so you are preparing yourself for sex. Anyhow I'm sure you catch my drift.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy View Post
Any advice?

P.S- I promise you he is a good guy. I wouldn't give up my virginity to some random loser.
How many of these sex threads have you started? I saw three so far.

You've known him since 7th grade? He was just a kid then. Why the rush? IMO, "Time" is your best friend. Yeah, he seems cool now, and he just may be cool, but all relationships are cool in the beginning. Tons of jokers can thrill you and delight your heart in the first few weeks or months of a relationship. But only time will tell if his love, respect, and commitment to you are genuine. Do yourself a favor and be patient, and put the sex on hold. IMO, you can't rush a relationship if you want it to work. To me, by its very nature, it requires time to grow by you two spending intimate, quality time together. You don't have to have sex to be intimate.

Even though you think you know him well because of the time you've spent with him, things can still surface later on in the relationship that are cause for concern. Think about it, this joker could hit it, quit it, and bounce while your standing there with your panties around your ankles. So, just spend time getting to know this joker, (as a young man) and don't make the same mistake as many young ladies your age do when their "boyfriends" begin to show signs of serious character flaws. Based on your post, since you two have started a relationship, keep it monogomous without using your panties as ankle warmers. If you begin to learn things about him that would keep him from being the kind of husband you deserve someday, bail out now, before you get too serious with this joker.

Good luck to you.
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 12-19-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
How many of these sex threads have you started? I saw three so far.

You've known him since 7th grade? He was just a kid then. Why the rush? IMO, "Time" is your best friend. Yeah, he seems cool now, and he just may be cool, but all relationships are cool in the beginning. Tons of jokers can thrill you and delight your heart in the first few weeks or months of a relationship. But only time will tell if his love, respect, and commitment to you are genuine. Do yourself a favor and be patient, and put the sex on hold. IMO, you can't rush a relationship if you want it to work. To me, by its very nature, it requires time to grow by you two spending intimate, quality time together. You don't have to have sex to be intimate.

Even though you think you know him well because of the time you've spent with him, things can still surface later on in the relationship that are cause for concern. Think about it, this joker could hit it, quit it, and bounce while your standing there with your panties around your ankles. So, just spend time getting to know this joker, (as a young man) and don't make the same mistake as many young ladies your age do when their "boyfriends" begin to show signs of serious character flaws. Based on your post, since you two have started a relationship, keep it monogomous without using your panties as ankle warmers. If you begin to learn things about him that would keep him from being the kind of husband you deserve someday, bail out now, before you get too serious with this joker.

Good luck to you.
Great response! I was going to post pretty much the same thing.

Since you have said that you wanted to wait until marriage in the past (is that correct?), think about how you would feel on your wedding night if you did go ahead and sleep with this guy. Will you regret it 5 years from now? Just something to think about...

We're the girls who wear the pearls
You can't beat those sexy squirrels!

Old 12-19-2008, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Think about it, this joker could hit it, quit it, and bounce while your standing there with your panties around your ankles.
From now on, I'm not reading ANYTHING you post after dark. The mental image you gave me made me wake up my parents. I just laughed so hard my dad ran in to check on me.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy View Post
So there is this guy (we will call him Chris) I have known since 7th grade, I am now a sophomore in college. We have always been friends and nothing more, until this past October when we went to this party with some friends and after that night things went from friends to more than friends. We have so many things in common and things will be made official (boyfriend-girlfriend not marriage) sometime closer to Christmas (I heard from one of his friends)

Recently, the past two weeks we have been talking sexual things. He knows I am a virgin (thats right the only 19, almost 20 year old virgin left on the planet). I plan[ned] to wait until marriage but I don't thing that's going to happen. Last night I gave in to my feelings and said it is very possible that it will happen soon. I won't say what else we spoke about

My question is, how do I know if this is the right thing to do? He is a lot different that other guys I have messed with and i hae never felt this way about anybody else. I am simply tired of waiting to get some, i have passes up I don't know how many guys, but this one feels right.

Any advice?

P.S- I promise you he is a good guy. I wouldn't give up my virginity to some random loser.
No offense, but if you're that pressed about having sex, but at the same time you want to wait until you marry (which to me is pretty unrealistic) just masturbate. Go buy a vibrator.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

[quote=Fleur de Lis;1756031]
A lot goes along with sex that they don't teach in sex ed. It can build a false sense of intimacy (especially for women) and breaking up is that much harder. Also, once you've lost your virginity, it's difficult to wait until your true partner comes along, so you may lower your standards because a guy is "there" and into you. Are you prepared to deal with unexpected consequences like an STD or pregnancy? Has he been tested for an STD? (Men can be carriers without symptoms, so his word isn't enough.) Is it worth it for a guy you like, but doesn't seem committed to you in any form? I know you are curious, but I hope you will make a fully informed decision before you decide to go through with it.[/quote

Agreed!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Study: Teenage 'virginity pledges' are ineffective

Youths who promise abstinence are also less likely to use protection

Teenagers who pledge to remain virgins until marriage are just as likely to have premarital sex as those who do not promise abstinence and are significantly less likely to use condoms and other forms of birth control when they do, according to a study released today.

The new analysis of data from a large federal survey found that more than half of youths became sexually active before marriage regardless of whether they had taken a "virginity pledge," but that the percentage who took precautions against pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases was 10 points lower for pledgers than for non-pledgers.

"Taking a pledge doesn't seem to make any difference at all in any sexual behavior," said Janet E. Rosenbaum of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, whose report appears in the January issue of the journal Pediatrics. "But it does seem to make a difference in condom use and other forms of birth control that is quite striking."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28415602/
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi
What do you mean you heard things will be made official through his friends? Why is he waiting to make things "official" with you? I think you need to actually date the guy for awhile before you decide to lose your virginity. Knowing someone as a friend is totally different than as a boyfriend.

amen to that

the reason why you feel like he is a good man because you gave hime some, your mind ahve to made up before you give hime some i think you ask this question to late

p.s you are not the only virgin im 21 and still got it thanks