GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,445
1 members and 1,444 guests
No Members online

Old 12-10-2002, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Guess what I just got today?

I'm so excited! I just got my key in the mail from Burr Patterson and Auld! I can't wait for an occasion where I can wear it.

So, since Kappa keys are on my mind today, I have a question for you guys. What do your keys look like? Are there any interesting stories associated with it?

My key is the one with the pearls. I guess the closest thing I have to a story about it is that instead of borrowing our key sis' key until we get ours (as Curlygirly tells me is the tradition) we were given a small key, since our key sisters were from other chapters.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-10-2002, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

OOOH! I'M SO JEALOUS! I WANT MY KEY!

My chapter also gives small recognition pin for members to wear until they purchase a badge. It's cute, but I can't wait to get mine. I'm getting plain badge because I really loved the simplicity of it (though, my livejournal icon has the pearl badge simply because it's a better picture ).
Old 12-11-2002, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine has sapphires and pearls, which is beautiful but pretty standard. (Kappaloo, I love the plain badges for their simplicity, too!) However, the guard I chose is the crest and not my chapter letters. I get comments on it all the time.

Actually, I think crest guards are not offered anymore (they are used for Traveling Consultants now, I think). When I joined Kappa, the pledge period (yes, we were still called "pledges" back in the olden days!) was a whole semester. I guess I had waited long enough to be able to have a crest, so I chose it instead of my chapter letters!

I also have an officer dangle (I was recording secretary). Part of me wants to remove my guard, but I do love the conversations it elicits!

The only little sister I had who was initiated was a charter member of Epsilon Tau (now closed), so I didn't have to lend my badge. I think it's a lovely tradition though.

I remember the thrill of finally receiving my badge. Wear it proudly, sherbertlemons! Have things settled down yet, or are y'all still on Cloud 9?
Old 12-25-2002, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Bagde!!

I remember when I got my badge this past summer, right before convention actually!! I have the all sapphire one, with a chapter guard and two dangles: Rho Chi (now we're Rho Gammas) and Treasurer. I'm still excited about it! I was initiated last spring, and I'm kicking myself for being a Recruitment Guide (I can't wear my badge until formal recruitment is over), but it's a lot of fun.

I don't know about other people, but my friends and I wear our badges to work and whenever we go to a nice place. It's such a beautiful piece of jewelry that I don't think it should be for chapter alone. Besdies, it's a great conversation starter and a great way to meet other Kappas. You wouldn't believe how many Kappas I've met by wearing my badge. =D My best advice: wear it proud. =)

-Arleen
Old 01-03-2003, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Actually, MSKKG, I believe that the crest guards are for the Regional Council. The TCs have hexagonal dangles on their badges, no guards.

I have the plain badge right now. I really want the diamond badge, but I wear my plain one just as proudly and will continue to do so until I can afford diamonds.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the info, KappaKittyCat. I knew the crest guards were used for something official but couldn't remember what!
Old 02-05-2003, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

AHHH! Guess what I just got!

My badge!

Took long enough - 3 weeks for shipping since I'm in Canada (customs).

I'm so happy!
Old 02-05-2003, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
That's great! I'll bet you're dying for an excuse to wear it...I was!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
I love my badge, I think it's gorgeous. My boyfriend makes it a point to take me out to a nice dinner about once a month, and I always wear my badge, just like he wears his TKE pin. Mine's the sapphire and pearl one