GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,721
2 members and 1,719 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 11-05-2002, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

2 sororities having a social/mixer

Ok so i have a question, I'm in a sorority and we do mixers with the other fraternities/male clubs on campus but we have never done anything with the other sororities. Has anyone done that before??? I think it would be a good way to keep a stable relationship with the other sororities. I know some say that it wouldnt work out but afterall we are greek and women. 2 very stong points.
If anyone has ever done a mixer/social with another sorority please throw out any ideas or experiences. ideas or experiences
Old 11-05-2002, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to sigmachica
I have a good idea what we do for socials with other greeks. We have quads we have two sororites and two frats involved in them and they are a ton of fun! also talk to all the greek social chairs about possibly organizing an all greek social. We usually have one of those once a semester, yes we are a smaller school with only about 11,000 students enrolled, so I dont know if it will work for your school, but its just a couple of suggestions! Hope this helps!
Erica Brown
Tri-Sigma
"We may be full of angels, but were one hell of a sorority!"
Old 11-05-2002, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphagambaby
Alpha Gam and Phi Mu just had their first annual Boo Bash, and it went well and was so much fun too. I don't see why it wouldn't work to do stuff with other sororities... having unity among all the sororities is a crucial part of having a successful greek system, in my opinion. And when you're doing something like what we did, which was a campus-wide event, just sponsored by two sororities, it will draw in all kinds of people. Not exactly a mixer, but still a social event!

-Abby
Old 11-05-2002, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school, sororities would pair off and throw crush functions together... super fun.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
I know my chapter did a party with another sorority and another fraternity. It was nice, because it mixed things up a bit.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

yes

I think having socials with other groups is fun. We had a Panhellenic Christmas Party one year. All the groups got together and it was cost effective b/c you get to split the bill with all the other groups. It also helps you get to know each other and relieves some of that "Rush Competition" stress left over from fall.Our shirts were really cute too. Now the guys don't seem to be keen on hanging out with each other, but the girls had fun doing it.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Terri
We are actually having a mixer with D Phi E on Thursday going out to eat. I think it is a great way to unite the greek community. Good relations with other sororities makes lots of things easier to accomplish on campus.
In fact at my campus, the first day of recruitment combined all three sororities in different rush rooms.
Good sorority relations can only bring positive things to the greek community. And I would encourage you to improve relations in any way possible.

Terri
Phi Sigma Sigma
Zeta Omega Chapter
"Once a Phi Sigma Sigma, always a Phi Sigma Sigma"
Old 11-05-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

We are having a mixer with AXO tomorrow night after Panhellenic... we are having a woman from Origins give makeover tips and then we are gonna do makeovers

I have only been to mixers with fraternities so far... I think this one will be fun though. I think it's a good idea for sororities to mix together, especially at schools with smaller Greek systems. Everyone getting along will always be a good thing.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I have definitely thought about something like this for my chapter. I think it would bring Greeks even closer. It will also show the PNM's that it really is true -- No matter the letter, we are all Greek together!
Old 11-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Kind of along those lines there are plenty of occasions where fraternities throw parties together or show up to play on eachother's volleyball courts... We've scrimmaged ATO a few times in football.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-06-2002, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Along those same lines...Back in the day....Sigma Pi, Sigma Nu, and Sigma Chi...all hosted a weekend long party at FSU called Sigma Spies.....One chapter would have a party each day of the weekend. Very cool.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Women's colleges do this all the time. Of course they don't have a choice. I remember doind things with other sororities every once in a while. I remember we had a cook out with Phi Mu, which was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 01-10-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
We definitely did the whole two sorority/two fraternity mixers, but just 2 sororities was rare. Now, after travelling and visiting other chapters, our school was the exception rather than the norm. MANY sororities mix with one another in fun ways...doing makeup or lingerie parties, having slumber parties, even dinner at someone's house. I highly recommend it. It's done a WORLD of good in mending Panhellenic fences.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb drinks for the mixer

On the subject of mixers, I found a drink that is like Red Bull but it has no sugar/carbs and 8 calories. It's actually a real energy drink and doesn't taste like .... Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Why bring it up and not tell us what it is?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma