GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,313
5 members and 2,308 guests
Cookiez17, flirt5721, FSUZeta, PKT4LIFE

Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Rushing this Fraternity Again

At my university, freshmen are only allowed to rush during the spring semester but fraternities start recruiting early. Originally, I wasn’t planning on joining Greek Life but after a floormate convinced me to rush; I decided to give it a chance. I only knew two fraternity brothers coming in. Because of this (and my lack of Greek Life knowledge), I did not get a bid. However, the experience made me discover Greek Life was my cup of tea and started getting my face out for the Fall 2013 season.
I rushed three fraternities that Spring. I only got one closed rush invite to a fraternity I felt I didn’t get along with during rush, but still maintained good relations with them afterwards. The other chapter was later removed from the IFC Council for hazing violations. There was this one chapter that stood out to me the most because when I met the brothers, we shared many similarities and topics. My friends who got called back for an interview were surprised I didn’t get an invite, but I explained to them the whole story of my decision to rush, the impact it made on me, and planning on Fall 2013.
Before Spring exams started, I stumbled on a shared post on Facebook in which the chapter announced a pre-Rush event for Fall 2013. Although I was initially hesitant on attending because I rushed them prior, I later changed my mind and attended. They were also doing interviews that night and maybe give out some bids, but never got the chance because the event went into overtime and the custodial staff chased us out. The rush chairman told me no worries and said “we already know you. Btw, how’s rugby going?” since I play club rugby.
Should I rush them in the fall or move on? Out of all the fraternities, this group stands out to me the most. Our Greek Life is pretty small. The chapter is also in debt, so they might bring in a large pledge class.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...15#post2211315

I think you already got great advice on rushing again in your last thread on this topic.