GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,039
0 members and 1,039 guests
No Members online

Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Will & Grace series finale

Did anyone see it? And like it as much I did? I haven't watched the show in a long long time but thought it was so touching.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Will & Grace series finale

Quote:
Originally posted by aabby757
Did anyone see it? And like it as much I did? I haven't watched the show in a long long time but thought it was so touching.
We missed the first half because the VCR had been set wrong. (Okay, I set it wrong.)

We could sort of piece it together/assume, but can you fill me in on what happened in the first half.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:38 AM

I did not watch it, but I am very happy that it happened.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched it for about 10 minutes and then couldn't take any more. So, so very awful.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard many people hated the episode but I loved it.

The first half started with Grace pregnant, living with Will and she had a dream that her and Will were raising their child who was a screw up, Grace huge and fat in a red track suit, Will with a bad toupe and basically hating each other. Jack married to Kevin Bacon and Karen with Rosario.

Then she wakes up and while Will is out of the apartment, Leo shows up and wants her back and then finds out shes pregant. The scene ends abruptly with Will returning to the apartment.

Next scene is two years later with Will with a baby. You're made to wonder if it's his/Graces kid until the cop shows up and mentions that it's Wills bday and that Grace hasn't called again this year.

Next scene is Grace and Leo and their daughter talking about calling Will on his birthday. She says that she won't because he was so pissed that she decided to run off to Rome with Leo. And that neither of them had met each others kids.

Next scene is Karen and Jack plotting to get W&G back together and come up with a plot that entails each of them visiting Jack/Karen in the hospital. They get "back together" for a touching scene (in my opinion) about how yes they lost touch but wouldn't change it because they both ended up with great kids and great relationships etc. They were trying to schedule the next time to see each other but couldn't decide on a date so Grace leaves and says, "I don't live here anymore."

Next scene is Will and Grace both in their separate apartments waxing poetic about how destiny brought them together and how they both remember the first day of college when they met.

Immediate is next scene showing how a young W&G met in college. But then you quickly realize it's Wills son and Grace's daughter meeting for the first time. I LOVED being surprised like that.

Then with their faces blocked by moving boxes, both Will and Grace are at each others childrens dorm room and they recognize each others voices and then they both put down their boxes to reveal their aged faces to each other for the first time in 18 years.

After realizing that they never stayed in touch all those years, they grab a drink and then the next scene is W&G on the phone talking about their kids getting married to each other and one last time they meet up with Jack and Karen at a bar and toast to each other and then the last scene is them at the bar at their normal aged selves.

Very sweet!

All throughout the above being played out, you also find out that Karen lost all her money, Jack gets together with Beverly Leslie and Jack is now in a position to take care of Karen which he does. The Beverly gets blown off the balcony which leaves Jack beyond rich and their old selves are simply and quietly reading at home and being obscenely rich and then they sing at the piano "Unforgettable."

I know people think that scene was cheesy but I loved it.

I thought the entire episode was very well done.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Excellent re-cap!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the recap, aabby757.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aabby757
and being obscenely rich and then they sing at the piano "Unforgettable."
It was cheesy, but they did a really beautiful job I thought.

I thought it was cute and fun and not a horrible finale.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

i missed it but heard from some friends who watched that they didn't like the way they were separated for so long.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I missed quite a few episodes, can someone please fill me in on Will having a child? Who is the mother? I'm just a little confused. (This is what you get when you forget the show is on and you don't have DVR at the time).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-24-2006, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
I missed quite a few episodes, can someone please fill me in on Will having a child? Who is the mother? I'm just a little confused. (This is what you get when you forget the show is on and you don't have DVR at the time).
Ben's mom is a surrogate. Her name is never mentioned.