GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,544
2 members and 1,542 guests
oncegreek, PrettyBoy

Old 01-28-2003, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to asweetchio Send a message via Yahoo to asweetchio
Question Sisterhood Event Ideas...

Hey Everyone I'm a Chi Omega at the Univ of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. We're trying to think of fun sisterhood ideas. One idea is a scavenger hunt.. Its hard to sometimes get people excited to do sisterhood events and I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas or been to some fun ones everyone enjoyed.. Thanks for the input and help!

Lori
Beta Theta
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2003, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are a few things my sisters did while I was active:
1) Dinner at a local restraunt after meetings for whom ever wanted to tag along.
2) Ice skating
3) Movie Nights at someone's house (a more intimate area so you can gossip and giggle while watching the movie).
4) Scavenger hunts (but we can't anymore as it's a liability).
5) Dancing
6) Community services followed by dinner or something
7) Sports activities - attending or playing

One idea that just popped in my head that could be fun (for those who are old enough) is a wine tasting thing where the sisters could get a lesson from a wine conosier (sp). Or you could ask people if they'd be interested in signing up for a dance class at the community college or dance studio...something like salsa or mambo dancing (something fun). Or likewise offer a sign up for sisters to go to a self-defense class together. What better way than to learn to defend yourself with people you like...plus make fun of each other (in a good way) when you kick some booty.
You could also do a shopping day where you pair off and go shopping at the mall and try to find something $10 or less for the other person and then meet up in the food court to exchange gifts...who doesn't like getting a gift?!?!?

Those are my ideas!
Old 01-29-2003, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Heather
(If this sounds familiar to anyone it's b/c I just cut and pasted it from my post on MSN Hooties!)

As far as getting out of the house we would go bowling, skating (just being at the skating rink was hilarious!), to plays, dinner/dessert, movies (midnight ones were fun, our student center had discount tickets and we had a "cheap" theater that was $2), we had great parks so it was cheap/free to meet up there for something. Check on what events are going on in the area. We have music events and show tapings in the area that are free. Since we didn't live at the house we would sometimes meet up for "Friends" night or whatever show we were into at the moment.

Web of love- all you need is a large ball of yarn. Everyone makes a circle, then a sister starts it by talking about another sister and telling why she is giving the yarn to that sister. The first sister holds onto the end of the yarn and throws the ball of yarn to the next sister. This continues until every sister has received the yarn. It does take a while but it's one event where the whole chapter is focused on one thing and at the end is a web that is created by our love for each other and chi O (awwww!) It's neat seeing what sisters have to say about each other, sometimes you laugh, sometimes you cry, but I always learned something about my sisters. We usually did this at siterhood retreat but I think we also used it when we all needed a little pick me up and reminder of what sisterhood was all about.

We had a listserve which was great for any unplanned sisterhood events because we could let everyone know what our plans were and it was great to see a diverse group of sisters hanging out together. While retreats and such were fun too, I always felt like I bonded with my sisters more when we were out in small groups b/c I really got to know the person.

I loved the shopping and exchanging gifts idea. That would be great mid semester when everyone is starting to get stressed and burnt out.