GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,226
1 members and 1,225 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

you open this can of worms

Now the above quote that you posted was a thank you to me and also a response to the person that I qouted (in terms of the word insult).

I BROUGHT the word insult in the picture, not directed at you, because you never clearly stated your pointed bumping of this thread. The intention is clear (but I could be mistaken). I understand why mshoole (or whatever) link was posted, but WHY was this thread bumped in the first place?

I will not speak for adrienne as I am not her and I hope she doesn't stress too much over this getting real ugly real quick. But the assumption made was uncalled for especially when if you read the other like that I posted.

I for one would love to hear your story of AI, if its in a thread, I would love the link.

(not directed at you personally, because I don't go after people, I go after posts)

But a lot of people have become very self-righteous in the context of this discussion (AI) and I have noticed it mostly coming from AIs, I would love to read your stories (I have read 1 that I know of off the top of my head).

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 08-04-2005, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
I for one would love to hear your story of AI, if its in a thread, I would love the link.

(not directed at you personally, because I don't go after people, I go after posts)
You go after posts? So are you saying you'd like to hear my post's AI story?

ETA: You're right. I didn't state my intent when bumping this thread. So what? I'm not obligated to explain why I do anything. If people want to read into that and ASSUME things, they're welcome to do so.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
You go after posts? So are you saying you'd like to hear my post's AI story?
In all honesty?

Yes, I love to hear how women found their home....is there anything wrong with that.....

but you still didn't answer my original question...I would also like that answered too.

In any of my posts in pertaining to this entire AI discussion, have I attacked anyone? If I have, I will admit that I am wrong, I have no problem doing that.

Also if you'd rather take it to PM's that is fine.

It doesn't need to continue in this thread....

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 08-04-2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
In all honesty?

Yes, I love to hear how women found their home....is there anything wrong with that.....

but you still didn't answer my original question...I would also like that answered too.

In any of my posts in pertaining to this entire AI discussion, have I attacked anyone? If I have, I will admit that I am wrong, I have no problem doing that.

Also if you'd rather take it to PM's that is fine.

It doesn't need to continue in this thread....
Wait. You're asking me a question that you want answered, but then say it doesn't need to continue in this thread? I wouldn't rather take it to PMs because I have no reason to answer your question in the first place. Why do you care why I bumped this thread? Why do you think I owe you an explanation? I'm really not trying to be snotty -- I just don't understand why it matters to anyone. Are you over in the D&R forum asking James why he bumped about 900 threads the other day?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Wait. You're asking me a question that you want answered, but then say it doesn't need to continue in this thread? I wouldn't rather take it to PMs because I have no reason to answer your question in the first place. Why do you care why I bumped this thread? Why do you think I owe you an explanation? I'm really not trying to be snotty -- I just don't understand why it matters to anyone. Are you over in the D&R forum asking James why he bumped about 900 threads the other day?

no...but that thread is silly and humorous

With all the hoopla going on in this forum...I know there is a reason and I suspect WHY you did this....I find it really strange that you don't want to be honest and answer a question that caused a lot of stress on the creator of this thread.

But again that is your prerogative.

And the reason why I wanted this go to PMs because there really is no reason for this discussion to continue in a long dead thread that should not have been resurrected in the first place.

And I was also being sincere with wanting to hear your story, I have no ulterior motives in wanting to hear how you found your place in the wonderful sisterhood of Alpha Phi.

Oh and you're correct that you don't owe me an explanation. You owe that to adrienne. You can do that publically or privately. That is up to you.

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 08-04-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And the reason why I wanted this go to PMs because there really is no reason for this discussion to continue in a long dead thread that should not have been resurrected in the first place.

Then please for the love of Dog stop posting in this thread and let it go away.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

you may also want to suggest that to your sister.

I did offer to go to PMs, she rejected that offer.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh and you're correct that you don't owe me an explanation. You owe that to adrienne. You can do that publically or privately. That is up to you.
No, she doesn't owe anyone anything. If Adrienne would never want this thread resurrected then she should've deleted it or ask that it be locked. No one owns the threads on GC or has exclusive rights to them.

Again, like I said in the other thread, people want to assume things and find some way to be insulted, even when there was nothing there.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh come off it, you'd have to be a moron not to know exactly what bumping this thread meant.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie Anne
Oh come off it, you'd have to be a moron not to know exactly what bumping this thread meant.
Jesus H. Christ, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????!!!!??? We miss you!

There are AIs who don't even pursue AI who were contacted directly via members of XYZ sorority to become an AI because of their character, their past/current commitment to community service, and because these women reflect the ideals becoming of their organization.

I guess all pursuants can't be as lucky..
Old 08-04-2005, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
no...but that thread is silly and humorous

With all the hoopla going on in this forum...I know there is a reason and I suspect WHY you did this....I find it really strange that you don't want to be honest and answer a question that caused a lot of stress on the creator of this thread.

But again that is your prerogative.

And I was also being sincere with wanting to hear your story, I have no ulterior motives in wanting to hear how you found your place in the wonderful sisterhood of Alpha Phi.

If you wanted this to go to PM, then take it there yourself. If valkryie doesn't respond, then she obviously doesn't.

She owes adrienne NO explanation. We are all entitled to our own opinions, like how you thought yours had relevance in this discussion.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Many of these comments are completely uncalled for.

It's obvious people are just being rude for the sake of being rude. Everybody's going to have a different opinion on this topic, but there's no need to be bitches about it.

What a great way to ruin a fairly uneventful thread and somewhat informative thread.

edited to fix a type-o

Last edited by WCUgirl; 08-04-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread