GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto

Old 05-26-2002, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Favorite Lifetime Movies

Hi Sorors, Sisterfriends, and fellow GC'ers:

Just watching my all-time favorite channel, Lifetime, and since this is Memorial Day Weekend, they are showing nothing but movies. I love watching Lifetime movies and these are my favorite movies to watch:

1. Both movies about Betty Broderick ("A Woman Scorned" and "Her Final Fury")

2. The Burning Bed
3. All the Danielle Steel books they turned into movies

4. The Babysitter's Seduction
5. All those movies about the mafia wives

That's just a short list of the Lifetime movies that I love to watch. What are some of your favorites?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite Lifetime Movies

The burning bed is my favorite!! There's another one I can't remember the name of it but Nancy Mckeon(played Jo on the Facts of Life) was in it. Her husband abused her and she went to the cops and they ignored her.... Her husband stabbed her in front of this police and he didn't do anything. She ended up suing that department.

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 05-26-2002, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

MY FAVORITES

Quote:
Originally posted by kizzie22
There's another one I can't remember the name of it but Nancy Mckeon(played Jo on the Facts of Life) was in it. Her husband abused her and she went to the cops and they ignored her.... Her husband stabbed her in front of this police and he didn't do anything. She ended up suing that department.

I LOOOOOOOOVE this movie. It is called A Cry For Help: The Tracy Thurman story. It first aired on NBC when I was in high school and I got pissed @ that old policeman who went to the bathroom instead of helping her. BASTID!!

My other favorite is In A Child's Name with Valerie Bertinelli. The book is good too. This is where the sister marries a Dentist who beats her and kills her and denies it. Valerie Bertinelli fights to raise her sister's child.

Both of these are sure nuff tearjerkers. I too love mafia movies. Those mafia folks are no joke.

There is another one I like where David from 90210 raises his son from a one night stand. It was on recently and it was the first time in ages I had watched a Lifetime movie.

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 05-27-2002 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:11 PM

Death of a Cheerleader, hands down. How can you not love a movie where Tori Spelling ends up 6 feet under?
Old 05-26-2002, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
Death of a Cheerleader, hands down. How can you not love a movie where Tori Spelling ends up 6 feet under?
I like that movie. I like any Tori Spelling movie. They are so cheesy
Old 05-26-2002, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I love "Mommy will you let me sleep with danger?" It's the Tori Spelling one where Ivan Sergi turns into the psycho boyfriend who tries to change her and he's impersonating this guy he knew from her hometown. It was on all the time this past semester and the girls on my floor used to go nuts over it.

The other one I really like is the one where the main character is friends with this girl who was raped by the star football player at her college and how the football players try and stop the main character from printing an expose in the school paper.

I am such a Lifetime movie addict!

Jess
Old 05-27-2002, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DramaQueen42401 Send a message via Yahoo to DramaQueen42401
I love In a Child's Name too.

There's one with Patty Duke, I think its called A Killer Among Friends. I don't know if it's classified a Liftime movie or not, but Kelly from Saved by the Bell is in it and her so-called friend kills her and pretends she knows nothing about it. All the while, she is up in the mother's house smiling and crap, like its all good. It was goooood.

"Leadership, Friendship, Service"
Old 05-27-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: MY FAVORITES

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
[B]

I LOOOOOOOOVE this movie. It is called A Cry For Help: The Tracy Thurman story. It first aired on NBC when I was in high school and I got pissed @ that old policeman who went to the bathroom instead of helping her. BASTID!!

Yeap that's the name of it. Thanks

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 05-27-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Three_Love
Re: Favorite Lifetime Movies

What a jokey thread!!

I love the Betty Broderick stories - that man drove her NUTSO. I also love The Burning Bed.

My favorite Lifetime movie is DECEPTION: A MOTHER'S SECRET. Every time it comes on, my sister and I end up boo hooing. It's the story of this guy, played by Steven Weber (from that tv show Wings I believe, he also plays a character on Once and Again), who marries a chick with a son and they raise the son together for like 6-7 years. He keeps trying to adopt the kid, but the wife is like, naww... Then the wife dies in a car accident, and he tries to adopt the son...well, of course it comes out that the wife had actually kidnapped and stolen the son, and he really has a completely different family somewheres. They go back and forth about whether or not the kid is their missing kid or really his dead wife's kid. The whole thing comes to a head when Steven Weber is told by the original family that the kid got a little red fire engine for his 1st birthday and they put yellow paint on the bottom. Of course Steven Weber's kid has a little red fire engine...when he turns it over and looks at the bottom and sees that yellow paint, oh lawd...my sister and I just burst into tears every time! He ends up giving the kid back to the real family, but it's so sad because his wife died, and then he has to find out all this shady stuff about her.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

OMG!! I love Lifetime movies! I love the Betty Broderick movies as well mainly because the acting was off the chain! And I am SO sorry but when she was cursing out the answering machine I was ROTFL!!! And when she rammed the SUV into their house I was UOTSA (Up Offa The Sofa Applauding), LOL. Mainly because I didn't think she had the cajones to do it, but she did!

Now, I don't know if this one has been mentioned, but I love the movie (pardon this vague description, lol) where this guy murders his wife in their bedroom. The part that I remember most was when his parents have come to stay at his house when the police start suspecting him. The police search the house and dust it all over with this glowing stuff that detects blood. Luminol or something. Anyhoo, it shows the parents sleeping and then all of the sudden the mom wakes up and screams. The WHOLE room is glowing (the guy killed his wife in that room and the blood was everywhere). Whatever movie that was, it was THE BOMB. I think it might have been the one CT4 was talking about with Val Bert. Then again, I don't know because the same people act in all the movies, lol.

Sigh. I am a poor unfortunate soul without cable right now so I am deprived of my Lifetime movies. I will now live vicariously through this thread until I am once again financially stable enough to have my cable restored.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by librasoul22

Now, I don't know if this one has been mentioned, but I love the movie (pardon this vague description, lol) where this guy murders his wife in their bedroom. The part that I remember most was when his parents have come to stay at his house when the police start suspecting him. The police search the house and dust it all over with this glowing stuff that detects blood. Luminol or something. Anyhoo, it shows the parents sleeping and then all of the sudden the mom wakes up and screams. The WHOLE room is glowing (the guy killed his wife in that room and the blood was everywhere). Whatever movie that was, it was THE BOMB. I think it might have been the one CT4 was talking about with Val Bert. Then again, I don't know because the same people act in all the movies, lol.

That's the movie. Girl that bedroom scene was sho nuff freaky. Read the book.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to D.COM Send a message via AIM to D.COM Send a message via Yahoo to D.COM Send a message via Skype™ to D.COM
I've seen this movie a zillion times, but can't get the exact title...it's something like: "The Other Woman's Husband."
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

movie help

If someone could help me...

There was this movie on Lifetime about this lady who went to see her dentist and while she was under (unconscious) her dentist molested her...
When she woke up she couldn't remember what happened...but she knew "something" happen. So the whole movie was her trying to prosecute his man and contact other women that he had did this too. They ended up finding the man, because of one the women sacrificed herself and brung a camcorder into the room and hid it.

Did anyone see this??
If so what was the name cause i can't remember
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I am SOOO glad to see that there are other Betty Broderick junkies!! I can certainly understand her position - she put him through both medical AND law school, and he dumps her for his secretary?! As the juror said, the only thing I questioned is why she didn't do it before!

The Burning Bed and Death of a Cheerleader are also classics - pass the popcorn time. And isn't there one with Shannen Doherty, where she's in a sorority and some psycho chick tries to take over her life? And another Shannen Doherty one about the Dowallabys in Chicago?

(checks IMDB) Those would be Friends 'Til the End, and Gone in the Night.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

There's more than one? LOL It seems like the LTMs are one big mini-series. They usually have the same theme: manbeatswifecheatsonwifehassexwithhisstepdaughtert henthewifekillshimrightbeforesherunsovertheinnocen tchildandcoversbothmurdersup.