GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,353
1 members and 1,352 guests
John

Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
I appreciate your kindness, aopirose. Actually, there are times that more than 10 AI's are done in a year - such as when a long-lived local becomes a chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. In such cases, the alumnae of the local sorority are usually offered full AI membership in Alpha Delta Pi.

I would imagine that I was told about the less than 10 as a way of saying that it's not for just anyone. Most housemothers are offered AI, as are many mothers who have served a chapter above & beyond the call of duty, or super-legacies who went to a college without a greek system.

Alpha Delta Pi also requires some college education; but I think that's not an issue with the housemothers

ETA: you have to understand that we have legacies who are direct descendants of our 1851 founders. One just can't deny membership to someone with that many generations of ADPi!

Honey,
I'm sure your friend knows what shes talking about, but I was under the impression that GC was trying to expand the AI program. The only thing they told me when I asked for the info was that the paperwork takes longer to process. I can imagine them only doing 10 a year though just beacause the majority of members are ignorant of AI. Heck getting my AA going on it is like pulling teeth.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-05-2004, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I am not really sure what you mean about GC expanding AI.

GC is just a Chat Site and many women have been fortuninate enough to find out about it off of GreekChat.

It has opened a window for many Women to associate with Greek Organizations. If you lool at many of the New AIs, they are totally into their New Organizations.

Yes, it is up to each Greek Organization on how they handle it and rightly so.

I know from friends of mine in NHPC Organizations, they do a lot of AI. So, is that all bad?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-06-2004, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Tom,

Adelphean1851 was talking about ADPi's Grand Council (GC)

A lot of us shorten Grand Council down to GC when we're talking about decisions they're making or just the council itself.

Sorry about the confusion!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

polarpi,

thanks for the explanation!

Regardless, I am glad to see so many women find a home.

NIC does have something similar but less used.

I can think of several men that I know who would make a large contribution as a New Initiate of any NIC Greek Organization.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-08-2004, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to clarify my earlier post about having been involved in 10 AIs...that is not 10 per year -- it is 10 total since 1987-ish, when I helped with my first one...just wanted to clarify...
Old 07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Phi Epsilon has welcomed several women into our sisterhood over the last year. We had five women initiated as alumna at our Convention a few weeks ago. One of them was my grandmother! And another young woman initiated earlier for a total of 6 in the past year. WOO HOO!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Back from Convention! We had five women initiated as AIs at this past Convention.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Theta Nu Xi does a good deal of "AI" especially with our Graduate, Alumnae and Professional (GAP) chapters. Collegiate members and GAP members work very closely to promote the mission of the sorority as a whole. Collegiate and GAP are extremely similar, but collegians use a lot of their time to fulfill undergraduate requirements on campus while GAP members use a lot of their time in the community.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.