GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,896
0 members and 1,896 guests
No Members online

Old 09-13-2003, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

AXO....random

Saw this on the AGD board - a random thread like the one on chit chat. All cheering and venting allowed!

I want the weather to make up its mind. Hot or cold? Let's pick one or the other so I don't have to keep turning the air off and on!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
ill bite!

i hate the fact that i have to work 4 different jobs to work 40 hours a week...why cant i just be a normal person and have a boring 9-5 office job that gives me 40 hours?!

i also get irritated that half of the AXO shirts that go on ebay are L or XL, when im a small! wahhhh!

ax love and mine
roxydiva
Old 09-13-2003, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Great idea for a thread. I have a feeling I may "vent" here often!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Roxy - at least you are getting paid! I'm spending 20 hours a week in a school for an intership and not getting squat! I do all this work for FREE! How annoyed am I? I hate graduate school!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
Roxy - at least you are getting paid! I'm spending 20 hours a week in a school for an intership and not getting squat! I do all this work for FREE! How annoyed am I? I hate graduate school!
Am in grad school too. What are you studying? How much longer to go? What is your internship like?

I am getting a master's in media communications and just started my program. I am working with the student paper so my tuition is free, that being the reason I left my job. along with a small stipend.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting a degree in counseling. I plan to work in the schools so that I can continue to have time with my three little darlings! (Summers off, same school breaks, etc). I've got less than a year to go - I graduate in May. I am currently interning in a middle school, and have mixed feelings about it. I worked as a juvenile court counselor (glorified name for juvenile delinquent probation officer) for eight years, and they were basically the same population I am dealing with now. I thought I liked them, but after being in an elementary school last year (which I LOVED), I'm not so sure I want to work with adolescents any more! Next semester I'll be in a high school, so I'll just wait and see how that goes!
Old 09-14-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
axo mom

id love to hear how the high school goes for you....i want to be a high school counselor!! i love working with high school kids (2 of my 4 jobs are working with color guards) but i dont have the patience nor the interest in being an actual teacher...but im always the advice giver and would love to help kids plan their lives and what not!

roxydiva
Old 09-15-2003, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
ugh.... I spent about 30 hours a week interning at a courthouse all summer, making nothing, it sucked.

at least I get paid now for my part time job. But $200 a week is nothing when I'm $45,000 a year in debt in law school!!!

Rissa
Old 09-28-2003, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

It's finally getting cooler here - yay! I'm so sick of these in between clothes - it's been to hot to wear all the fallish clothes hanging in my closet. Now maybe I can start wearing some of it and put the summer stuff (which I'm sick of!) away until March!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate the cold! Come back summer!!!

*cries*
Old 10-06-2003, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

We went to our local "fair" tonight and had a blast! Easy way to get rid of money fast with our three girls! They wanted to ride everything, play all the games and eat everything in sight! My youngest was so cute - she was riding some of the "bigger" rides and giggling the whole time! I'm all depressed now because she is growing up too fast! Where have my baby babies gone?