GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,065
2 members and 1,063 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RMan14
WON'T Give up on trying to GET DOWN!

I knew that I wanted to be down with Kappa Alpha Psi since I was a sophmore in high school. Being that I grew up around nothing but Kappas, I couldn't see myself being anything else. Unfortunately, i go to a college where the good brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi have been "kicked off the yard". Now I was going to attend another university to try to gain acceptance into the intake process, but I found out that I wouldn't even get looked at if I said that I would go back to my home school after the process was finished. I understand that, but damn what am I supposed to do? I don't wanna wait until after I graduate, I wanna get down NOW! I know somebody feels me. Any words of encouragement or advice
Old 10-11-2004, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Atlas Send a message via Yahoo to Atlas
Why would you "go back to my home school after the process was finished" if the Kappas are kicked off the yard, it doesn't make any difference if you finish the process and go back, you still are not rockin letters and doing anything on campus. So you would be a Nupe, but nobody but people you know would know it. When are they going to allow us back on campus? You might find that out and find out if there are any active Nupes on campus and holla at them.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel you on that, but its more than just wearing letters around(which a LOT on Nupes do on my campus). Believe me, there's nothing I'd rather do more than wearing letters and reppin on the yard, but theres more to it than that. The chapter here won't be coming back for a MINUTE(like way after I graduate), and I'm cool with a few active Nupes on campus, but there isn't anything anyone can do unless I fully commit to another school.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Well man, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm glad you know it's more than just wearing letters, it's so many prospects that feel like it about twirlin kanes and wearing krimson and kreme all the time. If you gotta transfer... you gotta transfer.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I appreciate your help Atlas. I guess only time will tell, but I'm not giving up.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I want to ask all the nupes something. How do you guys feel about guys who participate in the intake process at different schools, and they go back to their home school and don't represent at the school they were made at? A lot of nupes that I know don't like or respect those who leave the school that they were made at and I want to know how you guys feel about it.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

well, as long as they are woking and not just "shirt-wearin'". i'd rather they be with their chapter b/c obviously they would not have chosen them if the chapter did not want them, but the frat is not just one school.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I feel as though Kappa is bigger than whatever school you were made at. There are Nupes all over the world that are going to show you love because you went through an undergrad process, regardless of where you started school and finished school at. There could of been many circumstances surrounding why you didn't finish school (or go to that school) that you were made at. Just my neophyte $19.11
Old 11-07-2004, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Just an update. I talked to a couple Nupes on my campus, and they said that they will be coming back on the yard before I graduate, possibly next spring semester. So it looks like I won't have to transfer and I MAY get my chance. If I'm blessed enough to make the line, is there any advice that any Nupes can offer? Anything anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:43 AM
GreekChat Member

http://forums.delphiforums.com/prospectives/

That is a message board that is aspirant-friendly. It's mostly women, but I gained a lot of wisdom through it. There is general discussion and questions about the "journey" aren't frowned upon. We could always use more fellas.

Not saying you can't do that on GC, but I prefer Delphi for membership questions, myself.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

searching for nupes

Fisrt of all I want to say happy new year and greetings to all the Nupes. I'm fall 2004 omicron chapter. The problem of finding active chapters especially in the nyc area is a big one. Many campuses have got ridden of there black greek life or are attempting to do so. And with certain yards on long suspensions it leaves very little possiblilties for intrest to do but possibly travel to another yard. And it's not like they don't want the love from where they are currently at so it's not really their fault. I know of a couple of intrest in this situation where the schools yard they are in is suspended for many years beyond their colledge life. What should they do??