GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,400
1 members and 1,399 guests
No Members online

Old 06-24-2002, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Who else is super super excited about rush?

Anybody else sneaking a peek at their school's panhellenic website to see who the processed PNMs are? I just can't help checking out who's already signed up! Normally when I see someone whom I haven't seen in awhile I get really excited...and it would be wildly inappropriate for me to exclaim in the middle of a party, "Omigod! You're rushing? How cool!!!!!" Well, I know I wouldn't do that...but just to be safe.....

Recruitment week is getting closer and closer.....

I'm so excited!

ps: I just hope "Spirit Week" (aka "Work Week") doesn't kill us first!
pps: I'm sorry, all. Why am I so peppy right now? Hopped up on coffee. And plus it'll be my first recruitment "on the other side."

Last edited by ROWDYsister; 06-26-2002 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Recruitment is always exciting. A few new familiar faces around campus every semester. I wish we could do it more often!

(kidding)
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-24-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

<raises Hand>

I'm super excited about rush right now. On Saturday i'm going to my first rush party on the other side. Plus it'll be the only time until early august that I get to hang out with my bros. Of course I have to get through this week of being "on session" for space camp...
Old 06-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

<turns 3 back handsprings>

Yes! I'm fired up for the twins rushing!!!! It's only, what, 6 or 7 weeks away! I hope they have a ball and that they don't get hurt.

And I'm excited for all the rushees on GC and can't wait to read all the PNM threads!!
Old 06-24-2002, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UDThetaGirl
Wink

I'm so psyched to go through my first rush as a sister and meet tons of new girls that want to be Thetas! It must be such an awesome, fun time! I can't wait!
Old 06-24-2002, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

The girls have to be back at LSU around Aug. 10th.
My lil DG and 2 of her sisters drove to Houston to meet up with ANOTHER sister to do some shopping for their rush. The 2 spent the night so Hubby and I had the pleasure of taking them to the Club for dinner. All these waiters kept our glasses full and offered us evething on the menue at least a dozen times!!! I've never HAD such service! LOL (My son was sure to bring his buddies over and did they ever "smell GOOD )

They are all so excited it made ME excited for them. This will be their first time so they want to be perfect. They let me in on some of their plans so now I'm sitting here wishing I was back there with them. Too bad I won't get the inside scoop anymore...
Oh well, I'll get a few trinkets tossed my way when it's all over!
Old 06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TaraHopeful
Oh my gosh, I am so nervous about rush. You all know how it felt when you went through as a PNM. I'm semi-freakin out. Will i get a bid? Will they like me? Am i wearing he right outfit? Do i need a rec? etc etc etc.....I'm excited, nervous and happy all at the same time....I can't wait!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Tara, are you going to do us a favor and start a thread? I hope so. Don't be too nervous.

I think the following is true for a majority of sororities on all campuses. I'll tell you as honestly as I can.

These girls are just as anxious as you are. They also have very concrete ideas of what they are looking for in the PNM's.........
They want a group of girls that they can hang with, share themselves with and call "sister" from their hearts.

The LSU DGs are big sisters their Soph year. (Maybe it's that way everywhere for everyone) They don't hold offices because being a Big IS their job. That's why, when the PNMs walk through the door, all these first timers will be looking at the girls with the knowledge that anyone could end up their little sis. Their pledge class is strong and close and THAT's what they want to find. They want REAL girls (warts and all) who THEY can be themselves with.

The classes ahead of them must have wanted the same things because like does attract like. They were talking about their own Bigs with as much love as their closest friends. There were 75 pledges last year and that's a BIG voice. Good thing, because according to our weekend chat, they are in harmony.

Be warm, be confident, be yourself!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I love rush!

I just graduated in May, but I'm still super excited about Rush, or for the more PC in the group, Recruitment. I'm helping out this year since I was on Rec. Exec last year and I am just as excited. Unfortunately I won't have the stop watch or bell this Rush, but I'm looking forward to the two weeks just as well.

Best of luck to everyone going through Rush on both sides and to all the alumni helping out too.

I LOVE RUSH!!!

Tara

I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 06-24-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Justamom is right! I haven't gone through rush on the other side yet but I know that all second year sisters who will be taking littles that year sort of have in the back of their minds, "Hmm, who's going to be my little?" It's funny because sometimes sisters develop "Rush Crushes." We don't just want to make quota--we want to have the best pledge class in our history! You guys are the future of our houses!

TaraHopeful, IcePrincess98, and all potential members, we will be as excited as you are to welcome you into our lives on Bid Day! We're all embarking on this journey together!

Whoa that was cheesy.

ps: Can I just say that when I'm reading the new responses to threads, the responses on this thread are actually making me smile (in comparison to groaning or rolling my eyes or throwing my hands up in frustration). Rush and Initiation are the best times for us to remember how great it is to be Greek!

Last edited by ROWDYsister; 06-24-2002 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait for COB in the fall and Formal Rush in January! I loved my rush experience and I love the girls in my pledge class that we got through COB! Yay for Rush/Recruitment/whatever your school calls it!

Jess
Old 06-24-2002, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Justamom- i will be sure to start a thread as soon as my rush "experience" begins. Hopefully the thread will be full of good things...haha....
I think my rush starts on august 20th, so i have quite a bit of time to freak out and ask questions to you guys/gals.

P.S. PhiMuNursie- how do you pronounce your name? Tear-uh or tar-uh? mine is tear-uh....just wondering
Old 06-24-2002, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

TaraHopeful...mine is pronounced same as yours Tear-uh. I have an Aunt who still says Tar-uh and I want to scream...she's had 22 years to get it right! Anyway, best of luck and any questions you have we love to answer. As you can tell Rush is (in my opinion) the best time for us and we love talking about it! What school are you going to?

Tara

I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 06-24-2002, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.....a big change from Florida, but hey. It's a beautiful campus....i think i'm going to have to get used to shopping at WalMart though b/c it's the only store in the town....AAHHHHH...pull the trigger now. Anyways, i'm rambling...

Ya my teachers at school always call me tar-uh too. So annoying! I stopped correcting them after the 1st year...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush!

I'm getting excited about Rush - part of it is that I just want to get back to my sisters and my house, as it's been a pretty boring summer, but I am also excited about meeting new people and all that. This fall semester is my last chance to get a little sister, so hopefully I'll find a good one during Rush. I am excited about sharing Kappa and all that it means to me with other girls...