GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,320
1 members and 1,319 guests
LaneSig

Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croakies n Bows View Post
We had one guy come at 30 and one at 25 but as a rule of thumb the older you are the harder to get in. As far as coming from the service, i have a good friend that is a marine that went to iraq before going to fayetteville and when he got back he rushed a fraternity and said he de-pledged because he got so mad about the guys younger than him, hazing him right after he got back from iraq, he said he could not take people treating him worse there than in the marines.
I cannot believe that I know exactly who you're talking about.

MC, correct?
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

we had a 28 year old pledge. he was our class president and we called him Blue because he was old lol
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

we currently have a 30 year old and a 28 year old who pleged last semester. Both guys were in the Navy and both are huge contributors to our chapter currently.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My pledge class had two 23-year-old guys, a 28-year-old, and this new spring pledge class has several older guys. With more guys coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan, I wouldn't be surprised to see more older guys pledging over the next few years.
Pledge Class: Fall '09, Delta Omega
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

About 6 years back we had a 32 year old pledge =) Now he is one of the most active alumis and is a great guy.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey man, the only thing you can do is try. If they say no just because of your age, then they probably aren't the kind of guys you'd want to hang out with anyways.

The fact that you're in a band is going to be a major plus. Be sure to push that so that it shows that you've got something to offer the fraternity. Perhaps offer to play some songs with your bands for some upcoming rush events?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Swampcritter, I just want to say, God bless you for your service to our country. I think that you will truly enjoy your college experience no matter what the outcome is to your fraternity recruitment. Please let us know how things turn out for you.

For quotes like these I wish there was a "like" button on these things.

Last edited by wazzuAPhi; 08-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it varies from school to school and chapter to chapter, my Greek system is pretty small and in my chapter we had guys join at 24 and 28 in resent years. It most def. doesn't hurt to take a look into it and see what happens. Best of luck to you guys.
No Regrets
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Just don't be the sketchy old guy at parties creeping on freshman girls.

Proud to be an Old Dominion Diamond and a Macon Magnolia!

Some people call it manipulation, Southern Belles call it charm.