GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,451
2 members and 1,449 guests
naraht

Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Jewelry

Is there a place to buy high quality sorority jewelry?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought you weren't Greek? Are you buying for someone else?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I thought you weren't Greek? Are you buying for someone else?
Recruitment is over. I should probably make a new user name but I haven't gotten around to it.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

If you received a bid, why not ask your new sisters? There may be an authorized vendor that you have to purchase from.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
If you received a bid, why not ask your new sisters? There may be an authorized vendor that you have to purchase from.
From what I've seen, my new sisters generally have cheap-ish lavaliers and such. I just want something that's a little nicer. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells that kind of thing.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 AM
GreekChat Member

If you've joined an NPC organization then you will find the name of (and most likely a link to) an authorized vendor of jewelry on the organization's website.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

So, tell us what happened, potential_greek. Did it go the way you thought?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_greek View Post
Is there a place to buy high quality sorority jewelry?

Thanks.
What are you looking for? Your definition of "high quality" and "cheapish" might not match mine. With the price of gold what it is, there's not much "cheapish" out there.

FWIW if you are a Kappa Alpha Theta, I can recommend a lovely kite design necklace that's done in both sterling and 14K gold. I believe there's also an ARROW and an OWL (for Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega and Kappa Kappa Gamma).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

There are also rules and traditions about when a new member can own and wear letters as well as traditions about gift giving. This varies between sororities and chapters within sororities. You should wait until long after the ink on your bid has dried before you begin ordering items and judging your new sisters on their jewelry choices.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Dogeared is doing sorority sister jewelry that is really cute in god and silver. Find the stuff here http://www.dogeared.com/tags/necklac...isters-forever
Old 01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

It didn't go exactly as I anticipated, but ended up as good, if not better. I am planning on typing out the story sometime, but have been pretty busy
I should have clarified, I'm not going out and buying something right now, just looking/getting an idea of a piece of jewelry I may like after being initiated.
I'm not judging my sisters by their jewelry either. There's lots that I've seen in silver, but I prefer gold so that is what I was looking for. I did not intend to sound judgmental.
Thank you all for your responses!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
It didn't go exactly as I anticipated, but ended up as good, if not better. I am planning on typing out the story sometime, but have been pretty busy
I should have clarified, I'm not going out and buying something right now, just looking/getting an idea of a piece of jewelry I may like after being initiated.
I'm not judging my sisters by their jewelry either. There's lots that I've seen in silver, but I prefer gold so that is what I was looking for. I did not intend to sound judgmental.
Thank you all for your responses!
You have not been Greek for 5 minutes and were already making judgments about the sorority jewelry that your sisters wear. As others have stated, your sorority should have information about where to find sorority jewelry. Talk to your chapter sisters or check the sorority's website first.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
You have not been Greek for 5 minutes and were already making judgments about the sorority jewelry that your sisters wear. As others have stated, your sorority should have information about where to find sorority jewelry. Talk to your chapter sisters or check the sorority's website first.
I wa not making a judgment, I was stating a fact. By cheap-ish I did not mean in a bad way, just that it is regular sterling silver. There's nothing wrong with that. I just have other preferences.
And they directed me to the store that is available through the national site. There is nothing along the lines of what I'm looking for.
You seem to be pretty judgmental to me. I've tried to patiently and humbly sit back while you ridicule me, but this is ridiculous. Any time I ask a simple question I'm basically attacked. I have no idea what I have done to deserve this. If you all don't want new members on here, just say that. I thought that was part of what this site was for, but I was obviously mistaken. Have a great day.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
You seem to be pretty judgmental to me. I've tried to patiently and humbly sit back while you ridicule me, but this is ridiculous. Any time I ask a simple question I'm basically attacked. I have no idea what I have done to deserve this. If you all don't want new members on here, just say that. I thought that was part of what this site was for, but I was obviously mistaken. Have a great day.
Uh...what?

When Supposed New Members Go Rogue.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Uh...what?

When Supposed New Members Go Rogue.
She's just mad because she got called on her thinly veiled attempt to thumb her nose at us because she got a bid while proving to us that she's better than her new "sisters".