GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 931
1 members and 930 guests
No Members online

Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Which fraternities at UNC-Chapel Hill are more likely to take sophomores?

I didn't put enough effort into rush first semester freshman year, and didn't rush in the spring either. Joining a fraternity is something I really wanted to do coming into college and I've had some trouble developing a social life here (out-of-state, a little introverted). Which fraternities are more laid-back socially? I know people will tell me to rush broadly and find where I fit in but I realized too late that you have to know where you're rushing going into the process to stand a chance of getting a bid.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you made any friends through classes or your dorm who are in chapters? I think this is good way to meet fraternity men in a more casual way. Strike up a conversation in class or in the dorm. The guys that you click with will most likely be the chapters you will like/feel comfortable in during recruitment. It also never hurts to make new friends.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeedTheHeels View Post
I didn't put enough effort into rush first semester freshman year, and didn't rush in the spring either. Joining a fraternity is something I really wanted to do coming into college and I've had some trouble developing a social life here (out-of-state, a little introverted). Which fraternities are more laid-back socially? I know people will tell me to rush broadly and find where I fit in but I realized too late that you have to know where you're rushing going into the process to stand a chance of getting a bid.
We don't discuss chapter reputations here, even if it's just a reputation of "more laid back."

Take IndianaSigKap's advice. And use the rest of the semester (and summer if you'll be staying in Chapel Hill) to get your own feel of the chapters and their members. That will give you a much better sense of where to focus in rush than asking on the internet.

Good luck!