GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,075
1 members and 1,074 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
So, San Francisco Magazine has a smaller mag called 7x7 which has an offshoot called 7x7 Weddings. Personally, I like when women wear colors other than white and pretty much do their own thing. I see it as being unique and true to ones self. Anywho, I never buy the mag because the photographer I interned with shoots for SF mag and gets them for free hence I get them for free. I was in the bookstore the other day and flipped through 7x7 Weddings and came across this http://www.7x7.com/wedding-resource/...-wedding-woods. Very Cool!! I liked it so much, I bought the mag.

Click the link to see the rest.
A few months ago I somehow ended up on the 7x7 site and there was a link to a wedding that was the worst thing I've ever seen. The theme was atrocious, the outfits were heinous, and as a guest it would have been horrible, I can't imagine the PTSD a member of the bridal party may still be experiencing.

Pretty sure I'm not the demographic for 7x7 anyway, since I'm a born native and don't need outside input on my hometown. Their founders are from Detroit, but at least they aren't as full of themselves as the uptown almanac people.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
A few months ago I somehow ended up on the 7x7 site and there was a link to a wedding that was the worst thing I've ever seen. The theme was atrocious, the outfits were heinous, and as a guest it would have been horrible, I can't imagine the PTSD a member of the bridal party may still be experiencing.

Pretty sure I'm not the demographic for 7x7 anyway, since I'm a born native and don't need outside input on my hometown. Their founders are from Detroit, but at least they aren't as full of themselves as the uptown almanac people.
lol...do you remember which wedding it was? I never go on their site but I'm curious to see which one you're talking about.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
lol...do you remember which wedding it was? I never go on their site but I'm curious to see which one you're talking about.
Well...you're a Cowboys fan, which is hard to forgive! I'll find it and PM it to you so we're not tracked down by angry hipsters. I figure if we head to the Richmond or Sunset they will get lost if they follow, but one can never be too safe.

ETA: I may never find it, the hipster bicycle wedding with PBR cans and Converse low tops stopped me in my tracks.

ETA: Found and sent via PM. I swore there were more photos with the original article. I went to the photographer's site and found a lot more. It appears the theme was for the rehearsal dinner, but still, the ensemble of the bride was questionable. Some of the other weddings from that photographer were quite extra when it came to bridesmaid dresses.

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 01-24-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ETA: I may never find it, the hipster bicycle wedding with PBR cans and Converse low tops stopped me in my tracks.
Oh no. Did they have fake mustaches too? Photobooths that take pictures only in sepia?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well...you're a DIE HARD Cowboys fan, which I can forgive! I'll find it and PM it to you so we're not tracked down by angry hipsters. I figure if we head to the Richmond or Sunset they will get lost if they follow, but one can never be too safe.
fixed that for ya! LOL!
Quote:

ETA: Found and sent via PM. I swore there were more photos with the original article. I went to the photographer's site and found a lot more. It appears the theme was for the rehearsal dinner, but still, the ensemble of the bride was questionable. Some of the other weddings from that photographer were quite extra when it came to bridesmaid dresses.
Thanks again!!
I got a good laugh out of these images.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Oh no. Did they have fake mustaches too? Photobooths that take pictures only in sepia?
With mustache straws and/or caketoppers?

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait, brides who have "Tiffany-esque" blue themed weddings are sad, tacky and budget??? Lol. My destination wedding celebrates the color box my Tiffany & Co. engagement ring came in . You know, not the "budget" outlet.. the one on 5th Ave in NYC where I got engaged.
I was surfing for ideas when a google search brought me here. It's such a special and personal decision that I was a little surprised to see such unnecessary commentary. If its not for you, don't choose it I hope similar minded brides don't stumble on such careless comments and allow it to tarnish the shine on their vision for their special day.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auryelle View Post
Wait, brides who have "Tiffany-esque" blue themed weddings are sad, tacky and budget??? Lol. My destination wedding celebrates the color box my Tiffany & Co. engagement ring came in . You know, not the "budget" outlet.. the one on 5th Ave in NYC where I got engaged.
I was surfing for ideas when a google search brought me here. It's such a special and personal decision that I was a little surprised to see such unnecessary commentary. If its not for you, don't choose it I hope similar minded brides don't stumble on such careless comments and allow it to tarnish the shine on their vision for their special day.
I searched but could not find any comments about Tiffany blue themes being sad, tacky or budget. Were you addressing someone in particular with your post?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If the comments of random strangers on a site they aren't even members of will do that, they need to grow thicker skin.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 AM

Chanel-inspired tablescape (pink. black. tweed. quilting).

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Blushing Audrey:

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 PM

Pink and green!

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Ew.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Does anyone have any ideas for something "lit" that the married couple can exit the reception to? Our daughter and her fiance were planning to have sparklers but since this isn't New Year's or the 4th, we're having problems finding them. Anything with a flame is out by city law. I guess we could do lanterns with battery-lit candles.