GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,346
1 members and 1,345 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 12-11-2001, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I got the shit scared out of me last night!!!

I was dreaming about moving into a house or dorms at school. Some how I got the impression that the area/room I was moving into was haunted. I was moving my things in when it got really dark in the room. This is where its gets weird, I remember having a sense of fear in my dream, but I must have started to wake up or someting cause the next thing I know I am in my bed with the biggest sense of fear/nerves/OH SHIT I have ever had!! I didnt open my eyes, didnt do anything!! I know I could move, but something inside me was telling not to do a damn thing!! After laying there for a few seconds I got a sense of some kind of light passing over me(just a little change of shade I could see with my eyes closed, try looking into a corner with your eyes closed and then turning your head across a window/light and back into another corner, thats what it was like). So I still didnt do a damn thing for a few seconds then I rolled over and buried my head in a pillow and fell back to sleep a few minutes later.

That was one of the craziest feelings I have ever had in my life!! Something similar happend maybe 6 months ago, but I was living in a different house and actually had my room in the dream and woke up screaming.

Im not sure WTF to think about that "light". Im kinda telling myself it was totally in my head, but i dunnnooooo.....
Old 12-11-2001, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
We have a haunted 'Hacienda' Resturaunt here, evidently.
I've never encountered anything there, but the story goes, that there was a very socialite family living there back in the day. The man was having an affair with the maid, and the wife got pissed and killed her husband AND the maid and then hung herself in the basement. It's a old house that they turned into the resturant and they've really kept everything like it was then, except they added a bar. Evidently if you drive by at night sometimes you can see faces in the windows (after close, of course) or glasses and weird lights flying around in the top story bar.

There's also a road out here called primrose rd. They say there is a -portal- out there and there are fairies and weird lights and such. I've never gone.

I have had a strange experience recently though about MAC, my ghost at McDonalds.

Also, in relationship to the "night terrors" stories..
Some people also have experiences by a Succumbus or an Incubus attacks. These are demons who come and rape you while you sleep. I don't really know if it's specifically like, you are being 'raped' by an invisible being, but, I guess it's a very sexual-attack. A very, what's the word...A very violent sexual assault. Incubus is the male demon, Succubus is the female demon.

Jess
Old 12-11-2001, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Dejajeva...Where ave YOU been! Missed seeing your posts around!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
Dejajeva...Where ave YOU been! Missed seeing your posts around!
Me, too. I thought you got banned or something.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dejajeva

Also, in relationship to the "night terrors" stories..
Some people also have experiences by a Succumbus or an Incubus attacks. These are demons who come and rape you while you sleep. I don't really know if it's specifically like, you are being 'raped' by an invisible being, but, I guess it's a very sexual-attack. A very, what's the word...A very violent sexual assault. Incubus is the male demon, Succubus is the female demon.

Jess
That's some scary crap!

And, I thought Incubus was just a name of a band.
I wondered how they came up with that name?

Remember when that ghost humps Tori Spelling on the ceiling?
Old 12-14-2001, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
lol
Hey guys!
I've missed you too-
I've just gotten too lazy to check GC.
-sighs-
Finals are over now so...
-yays-

I can ONCE again.
lol

Got banned?
SOme people WISH they could ban me.

Love,
Jess
Old 12-14-2001, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I was once sleeping at my boyfriend's parents house during spring break-I was visitning him when he lived there-and I was staying in his old room from when he was a kid. For the whole week, I had horrible nightmares-so scary that I didn't even want to go to sleep at night-like, I shouldn't have been sleeping there. I finally refused to sleep in his old room when I had a dream, but it wasn't how I normally dream-you know how in your dreams, you see youself doing things-like in 3rd person? Well, this dream was in 1st person-like the dream was happening to me, I wasn't just watching myself do things-anyhoo, in the dream, I was lying in bed looking at the wall(which was the way I was facing while I slept) and this little boy was standing in front of me, just looking at me. Nothing happened, but it freaked me out so much, that I won't sleep in there anymore. Hunny said that maybe it was him as a little boy watching over me, but I say it was just freaky.

Later in the week, after we had gone out one night, Hunny and I were asleep, and I woke up in the middle of the night. He kind of woke up too, and mumbled something inchoherent like, Do you know the answer? I was like, what?? Next morning, I told him about it, and he said he had been having a dream that we were playing trivia and he was trying to answer a question. Well, before I woke up that night I had been dreaming that we were playing trivia and it was our turn to answer the question. I was telling him things about my dream (like where we were sitting, etc) and they were the same in his! We had the same dream at the same time. Very cool, but very weird.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I was doing a service project last weekend and I thought I heard some strange mumblings behind the fence and woods. I thought there were houses over there. I walked up closer to the fence and there was a cemetary on the other side and I didn't see anyone.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 04-30-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
I've had my share of ghostly experiences.

I stayed on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, and as most know, that ship is extremely haunted. I felt like shit the minute I boarded the boat. I just felt really really funky.

The room we had was weird. It had a king bed in a main room, and then like a twin bed in a separate room that adjoined the bathroom. I took the twin because my mom and sister wanted the other bed and I usually get up to pee in the night more than they do.

I woke up about an hour after I fell asleep and I just felt this weird energy surrounding me. It was so thick it was overwhelming and I just couldn't deal with that feeling. I had NEVER felt like that before, except for one time.

The time was the moment my dad died. I was in the room, and I felt the same sort of energy pulse through me.

So I'm laying there in bed on the QM, and I just like concentrated really hard on my dad, and the energy got really thick for a minute, before finally it stopped altogether and I was fine and fell right to sleep.

Then a week later I was in San Diego and we were staying in old town. I was walking down the hill from my hotel to go meet my mom and sister at a restaurant for dinner. I had my headphones on, and I was really just concentrating on walking ahead and getting there. Suddenly, I felt that weird sort of energy again. And I thought I heard a child laughing behind me. I felt almost sick, and my hair was standing on end. Then my discman just randomly turned itself off, and I know it wasn't batteries because I had changed them before I left. I just stopped walking, because it freaked me out and I had to get my bearings.

I turned to the side to look around, and I saw that I was standing right next to the backyard of the Whaley House, which is supposed to be one of the Top 10 haunted places in America. There were no kids anyhwere around.

I tell you, I RAN the rest of the way past that house.

Oogh. Wierd memories. Getting the wiggins.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Winterbloom
I'm currently working on my thesis about ghosts/ghost stories for my "Issues at the End of Life" class. In a few days, I'll be heading down to Gettysburg, PA to do some ghost hunting and test my thesis. It's a good time, overall. I have some stories that'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up.

My father's family is Portuguese, very supersticious, and we believe that the ability to see spirits travels down to every female in the family. I've seen some weird shit in my lifetime, I'll tell you. And there are some things in the world we simply cannot explain. As Shakespeare said, "There are more things in Heaven and on Earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio."

The best ghost story I have on campus would have to be of our children. The dorm my boyfriend and most of my buddies live in was originally the pastor's house for the small Lutheran college. The family was striken with Scarlet Fever, and the children and the wife never recovered. The pastor left soon after, and the building became a dormitory. The children, however, didn't quite leave. They've been sighted time and time again--a boy and a girl, no older than 8--running around, giggling in corridors, turning on faucets in empty bathrooms. My friend Amy was working in the empty computer lab in the basement of the building, as it also houses the math and comp sci departments. All the computers were on screen saver save for hers, and she had her back to the room. She heard keys clattering, and looked into the lab across the hall. It was empty. When she turned to look at the rest of her lab, two computers were on the Windows lock screen that had been on screen saver before. She left soon after, too freaked out to work anymore. We've been able to take pictures of our ghosts--lots of orbs, considered to be the best evidence of paranormal activity by investigators, and a few bits of ectoplasm and one extra. An extra is when a face or limb appears in a photo without having been there initially and cannot be explained away by a trick of the light, faulty film or developmental issues with the picture. Very fun stuff.

I'll keep you guys posted on the Gettysburg ghosts, if you want.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Can orbs just be tricks of light? Cuz with my digital camera, many come up. If you look at some of hte pictures on my site http://geocities.com/phildoumd/phildo, there are some. And then in a group pic on our chapter website too.

PiKA2001 can tell u guys some FREAKY ass stories. His brothers tried telling me and one of my sisters stories as we sat in the almost empty house at like 2am.... I was almost in tears cuz I was so scared.

KLTC
Old 04-30-2003, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
Thumbs down

ok, so i am a weird case when it comes to this stuff.

ever since i can remember, i have felt like someone was behind me. sounds weird, i know, but seriously. i can remember being about 3 yrs old, and walking down the hallway in my house at night and putting my hand on my back b/c i felt like someone was RIGHT behind me and it freaked me out. if i could actually feel something on my back, it wasn't as bad. this happens to me sporatically, and you'd think i'd be used to whoever it is, but sometimes it's stronger than other times....so i can still just get SUPER freaked. when i lived in the alpha gam house, i walked into the bathroom to take a shower, but 2 secs later i HAULED ASS back into my room b/c something was just on my back and i wigged. my roomie was like, "not again....." when i was in my apt with ilovemyglo....we both had weirdo stuff happen, but she knew, i think, who was messin with her.
it's happened a few times in my house at home, but i called them out one night (straight up told them/it who i was, i wasn't going to do anything to them, and begged for them to let me be), and i haven't had anything major happen in a while. it normally happens right when i get to the top of my stairs. BUT, one night i woke up, my sheets were all the way under my chin, i couldn't open my eyes or move my arms, and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. don't think i've ever prayed so quick in my life. this house is only a few yrs old, so nothing has happened here, or in any other place i've lived that i know of....i think i just get followed. i need some psychic healin'......

My Facebook
Old 04-30-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
This is my favorite subject! Check out Castle of Spirits or Shadowlands...they're really good websites.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

bump

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 07-31-2003, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
ok, so my question about who is following me was answered last night. apparently, in my past life, i was involved in wicka...oh yes, y'all...watch out! well, i got too power hungry with my "gift" of being psychic and stuff, and had an opportunity with love and all that....but i got too deep into this psychic whatever/wicka stuff and got into some trouble, and bye-bye love and possibly my life. so that's why i am having love issues in this life, b/c i can't have balanace in my life when my old life is still trying to control me to be how she/i was. she called me out on having a lot of intuition, knowing when the phone will ring, just knowing certain things about ppl, and how it was stronger when i was younger b/c i was "new" and closer to my old life....which is totally true. so, yeah....my old life has to be balanced out b/4 this life can be how it's supposed to be. i hope i explained that right......

she mentioned me trying over and over and over again at something in my life and how i keep on not getting anywhere with it. which is, yeah, true....about how it's not personal, but it is personal to me. talked about my sister's divorce, and my grandmother being sick.........talked about the boys in my life.....about how someone in either "california or florida" wants me to come see them....and WHOA the air force boy is in CALI ppl! said i love one guy, but he has too many issues in his life to be with me right now, and that i was JUST INTRODUCED to another who is liking me more than i like him, and i should move on b/c neither are good for me. which is, again, whoa.

$30 well spent.

My Facebook