GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,445
1 members and 1,444 guests
Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy I dropped after initiation

Hey everyone! So I have some questions about NPC policy and such that I just wanted some input on. I plan on taking with panhel on campus but figured why not get some info on here.

So basically I went through formal recruitment and received a bid for a sorority that I just really didn't want, I didn't feel like I fit in with them, but apparently they liked me, so I accepted the bid, and went through the whole new member process hoping that things would turn around and I'd find I did really belong there and I'd love it! Well things didn't really turn out that way, the big I got was someone I had only met like once briefly, and then when initiation rolled around, I decided to go through with initiation, but then the other new members I had really liked ended up not going through initiation. In addition, I just felt really excluded from the other girls, no one seemed to really reach out to me even though I had spent time with them and given an effort to make it work.

Because of the whole situation, I decided to drop the next semester. It was explained that I wouldn't be able to join another NPC sorority and everything, and I still decided to go through because quite frankly I was just spending a lot of money to be in a sorority I just didn't feel welcomed in.

A lot of my friends are in greek life still, and they're in different sororities than the one I was in, and after becoming closer to them, I realize that I still feel like I would fit better in one of these other sororities, and I really feel like I'm missing out on something special and having sisters and going to events.

So, I was curious if there is anyway around the NPC rule that you can't join another NPC sorority after being initiated. Like possibly some sort of appeal process where I can explain my situation and maybe sign some papers that I like won't give out any information about the sorority I was in.

If anyone has any thoughts/information let me know!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

No, there are no exceptions! Why would they give you one anyway?

Didn't you read what someone posted after your introductory post? Jesús, María, y José!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation is correct. The info that was given you when you resigned was correct.Your only option is to check with your former group to see if they will take you back. Otherwise your NPC days are done.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry it didn't work out for you. You cannot join any other NPC sorority, ever, no matter how many times you ask.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

You are missing out on something special in a sisterhood, because you dropped the one you had. Too bad, so sad.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

There are many who go through recruitment and are never given the opportunity to experience Greek Life. It amazes me how there are always so many who go through the process, find a home, then fail to understand how special that opportunity is.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Closed Thread