GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,522
1 members and 1,521 guests
No Members online

Old 09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Question regarding pic for PNM resume

Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for several weeks; this is such a great source of info! My daughter will be attending an SEC school (OOS)with a very competitive recruitment. When attaching a photo to her resume or for use with any RIFs, should she use a head pic (such as from formal grad pic), or would a more informal photo be appropriate? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

In my opinion, professional is always better as long as it's a flattering pic that looks like her. I have some professional headshots that you wouldn't be able to pick me out of a crowd with...that kind are not going to help her. Either way, definitely not more than a 3/4 (waist up) shot, because you don't see enough face in full length.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with AlphaFrog, professional (not glamour) head or upper body shot looks best.

Some casual shots I have seen thus far this year: PNM holding a baby girl (probably her niece but questions were asked), PNM doing self-portait shot via bathroom mirror, PNM in scantily-clad Halloween costume, PNM and another girl(s) in group shot...which one is the PNM???
Old 09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

no cap and gown photos. make sure that the hair style/color is the same in the photo as when they meet her in person. identifying patty pnm from her photo, where she has long blonde hair, will be hard if patty shows up to recruitment with a short, brunette 'do.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Something like her yearbook photo - head and shoulders, straight on, glasses if she wears them, not if she doesn't, no cutesy looking down or away from camera, hair color approximately the same color and length. The point isn't to win a photo contest it's to trigger memory and your eyes especially are what people remember about you and your face. Think of sitting in a room with a pile of photos and a list of 1000 girls. Now which one was Suzie from Georgia? Back lit soft focus girl might have been the most charming girl in the world but people have to remember her late at night when they're tired and overwhelmed.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Many thanks to all...our thought was to use her yearbook photo...in which she is looking head-on, from just below the shoulders in a black drape and a strand of pearls, so sounds like that is right on target!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCarnati View Post
Many thanks to all...our thought was to use her yearbook photo...in which she is looking head-on, from just below the shoulders in a black drape and a strand of pearls, so sounds like that is right on target!
This sounds perfect.

Be sure that the photo you send in is large enough. PNMs who register online for recruitment can upload their photos, and so many pix I've seen probably look fine on the PNM's computer screen but end up being small by the time the chapter gets it, about the size of a Facebook thumbnail, and the PNM is hard to see. Usually, these photos seem to show the PNM in a landscape, so a good way to fix the problem is to crop the photo before uploading so it's just of the PNM. (OP: With the yearbook photo, this is probably a non-issue.)
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

The one thing that used to bug me was when girls would come into round one of recruitment looking nothing like the photos that were sent with their recs. A professional senior pic is fine as long as she's going to come in on day one looking the same as she does in the photo... but since most schools take senior pics during the summer before senior year, a lot of girls look very different by the time they go through recruitment.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

And please...please...please...write her name and hometown and state on the back of the photo. You could print a label and stick it on the back...can't even begin to tell you how many I get with nothing. What if the photo gets separated from her resume?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
And please...please...please...write her name and hometown and state on the back of the photo. You could print a label and stick it on the back...can't even begin to tell you how many I get with nothing. What if the photo gets separated from her resume?
Yes, this!! We also put high school name and college where she's going through recruitment on it.

It's a 4 Line Label: Polly PNM
Awesome High School
Awesome, Minnesota
University of Minnesota
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Don't forget that some schools recommend a head shot AND a full body shot. As DubaiSister said, the whole idea is for those who look at the PNM's picture can spot her in crowd.