GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,431
1 members and 1,430 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up COB Ideas

Hey Everyone, I'm an alpha phi from Beta Eta Chapter of Alpha Phi, in Manitoba Canada

Just wondering if anyone had any awesome ideas for COB that have worked really well for your chapters.
Please leave any ideas you have!!
Love ,

Heyder

Last edited by Heyder_Aphi; 09-29-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

My biggest suggestion is don't feel like you have to have an event to have COB going on. Integrate these potential women into the chapter - invite them to lunch, dinners, over to watch the OC or another popular show, walk with them to class, take them to the movies, the mall etc. Even invite them to chapter meetings or new member meetings so they can see what being an Alpha Phi is all about!!
Old 09-30-2004, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
We would go to movies, icecream, dinner, watch tv ete----

It would fare alright, we would be out and met a new girl who would ask about Alpha Phi. We wouldn't talk to her there about it (if we were drinking) but invite them to hang out and such.

Sadly, we would have people mooch dinner off us and weren't interested at all in Alpha Phi.

Potluck dinners are great too-
Old 09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for your replies!
Any help is good help.
In Manitoba the Greek system is a small one, each of the three sororities on campus having about 12-17actives in each, so sometimes it is a bit hard.
If anyone has any idea about how to get the word out about alpha phi that would be great! and any philanthropy events that have raised alot of money, whether it be for cardiac care or any other charity..

-Heyder
Beta Eta chapter

"I told my sisters, my sisters told me. The Very best girls go ALPHA PHI!"
Old 10-01-2004, 06:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Heyder_Aphi
If anyone has any idea about how to get the word out about alpha phi that would be great!
I believe that one of the best ways to get your name out -- and totally control the perception people have of your chapter -- is to get yourself a really great website. People who might be thinking about Greek life will find YOU and read about your amazing chapter.

Wear your letters and look great in them! Wear them to campus, then strike up a conversation with the girls in your classes. Talk about how great Alpha Phi is. You create the buzz.

Consider having a letter day, where everyone wears their letters on a given day. Then have lunch in the common dining hall or arrange to meet in the university center. Let people see all the beautiful Alpha Phis out and about and having fun together!

When you have an event -- PUBLICIZE, PUBLICIZE, PUBLICIZE! APhigal is so right. Your events are wonderful ways to introduce potential sisters to Alpha Phi. Bring them along and assign someone to that PNM to make sure she feels welcomed. Introduce her to others in the chapter who may have common interests.

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head.