GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,475
1 members and 1,474 guests
AOIIalum

Old 06-05-2020, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Tri Delta Departs Loyola Marymount University

Sadly, Epsilon Zeta at Loyola Marymount University, in Los Angeles, was suspended at the end of spring 2020, for the standard minimum of four years, due to declining membership numbers. This capped a 14-year run that began in 2006.

Epsilon Zeta unfortunately joined other suspended-for-declining-numbers Golden State chapters Gamma Theta at UC Santa Barbara (2019), Theta Pi at UCLA (2017), and Epsilon Epsilon at California Polytechnic U., in San Luis Obispo (2011), in cold storage. Hopefully all of them will be recolonized sooner rather than later!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Tri Delta is the next group in line at UCLA to recolonize. I’ve been told the time limit for AXiD to recolonize, who had been voted by Panhellenic to rejoin at UCLA, has passed. I believe DDD can recolonize as early as 2021, per UCLA Panhellenic. But that’s dependent on all other sororities being at/near total. Hoping those 3 groups that are under total will have many wonderful women join and increase membership. (I have this info as I’m an advisor for UCLA Chi Omega.)
Old 06-08-2020, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Polygot-Sad to see that another Southern California Tri-Delta chapter has had to leave due to declining membership. Hopefully they will be able to return soon.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I also would like to see what happens to the university of arizona chapter that closed too. I know ASA just colonized and there was a similar letter that nationals had put out when the chapter was closed.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 06-13-2020, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
I also would like to see what happens to the university of arizona chapter that closed too. I know ASA just colonized and there was a similar letter that nationals had put out when the chapter was closed.
I have it on good authority that Tri Delta will not be returning to the University of Arizona. I would like to be wrong about this. But I've been told that the chapter is permanently gone.

No idea what will happen to the facility that Tri Delta owns. Prime campus real estate. Currently it's rented/leased to the UofA. When ASA colonized at Arizona, it was explicitly stated by the presentation team, including a national officer, that ASA would never ever have a facility/be a housed chapter. My source? Have friends who attended their presentation.

No idea what you mean by "a similar letter that nationals had put out" (don't see any letter referenced in this thread) or what ASA has to do with Tri Delta. There's no connection to be drawn to ASA colonizing and Tri Delta closing. Tri Delta's membership numbers had been in a severe decline for several years prior to ASA ever colonizing. FWIW ASA is struggling. They took 14 PNMs in formal recruitment in 2019, and they are not participating in formal (virtual) recruitment in 2020 other than the Open House round.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 06-13-2020, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I just meant that they were suspending operations and maybe considering a recolonization down the road at some point. But thank you for the clarification.

Since 1888

Old 06-13-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

No idea what will happen to the facility that Tri Delta owns. Prime campus real estate. Currently it's rented/leased to the UofA. When ASA colonized at Arizona, it was explicitly stated by the presentation team, including a national officer, that ASA would never ever have a facility/be a housed chapter. My source? Have friends who attended their presentation.
I’m not doubting what you’re saying, but national staff and councils do change throughout the years. Unless ASA signed some sort of contract with the school that states a condition of their campus recognition is remaining unhoused, “never ever” is a long time. Although you and I have discussed this and both know what’s up.

Cookiez, ASA’s colonization had zero to do with the closure of the Tri Delta chapter - they were not brought on as a “replacement” which was what you seemed to be implying.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

33, you KNOW how I feel! I would hope that ASA HQ would move to snap up that Tri Delta property and they would instantly be competitive because they'd have a house/facility. It's not having a house that's hurting their membership/recruitment. I want ASA to succeed. And it's no secret I have several very close friends who are Tri Delta alumnae from the Arizona chapter. It's very painful to see their chapter gone forever.

ASA is under the unreal pressure of doing COB continuously without a facility. That is just so unfair and so wrong. Plus the horrid mean girl tent talk that goes on at Arizona is truly sickening and the perpetuation of old stereotypes - yeah, ugly. You know where I'm going with this topic as well, if you know me at all. I had breakfast with two sorority alums yesterday (not Thetas or DDDs or ASAs) and we talked at length about what could transpire this coming recruitment. Personally I'm hoping for the best for ASA.

okay enough.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 06-13-2020, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh heck no they probably were having an expansion even before tri delta closed! Also it's always sad to see tent talk as every chapter always has something to offer.

I do know some schools where specific chapters do not do formal recruitment (or maybe introduce themselves during open house) and have their own separate one after formal is over, which could potentially be what they're doing.

Since 1888