GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,194
1 members and 2,193 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 06-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Ginger

oh, shoot! I forgot to watch! Ack!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
I'm ashamed to admit that the ending of this episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Me too! Or at least the ending did.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't front I got a warm and fuzzy feeling when they crossed.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a warm and fuzzy feeling, too. But I definitely think the pledges consumed some alcohol during their initiation. Half of them were stumbling to the bar! But the brothers didn't seem drunk? Anyway, glad everyone enjoyed it!

But what's with them wearing their badges on their collars? Did anyone else see that?
Old 06-05-2003, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Quote:
Originally posted by sphinxpoet
I can't front I got a warm and fuzzy feeling when they crossed.
Did it remind you of when you crossed? It did for me!! But that's the result you want at the end...when you know when you went through SOOO much and then you get "I'm glad it's over and I made it" feeling.

Awwwww now I'm all like this

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 06-05-2003, 02:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by xo_kathy

But what's with them wearing their badges on their collars? Did anyone else see that?
I notice it. The Badges are to supposed to worn on the left side of the shirt. two fingers above the edge of the shirt pockets. having their badges on their collars doesn't look cool at all.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!

Last edited by sigtau305; 06-05-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

My guess is that, like many things, badge-wearing etiquette varies from group to group and changes over time. Over the heart (whether two fingers over shirt pockets or not) may be the current norm for most fraternities, but may not be the practice in SXO.

And of course, in many GLOs an examination of old photographs will show early members -- founders even -- wearing badges in all sorts of ways that we would consider in improper: on coat lapels, as tie tacks, to pin scarves around the neck, etc. Shoot, the first Kappas wore their keys in their hair.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

i'm with the group on this one, it was good to see Steve not make it in, he wasn't greek-material, IMO. this finale was wayyy better than SL2's ending. the new brothers seemed happy to have crossed and they were actually told to dress for the occasion. something DZO failed to do for their new members the guys even looked better for their final
ritual.
but then, maybe it's just me and i'm to particular
overall FL was better than SL2, to me. we got to see frat life on the former vs. drama, cattiness, and relationship madness on the latter.
i hope they get it right next season....
Old 06-05-2003, 04:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
Truthfully I was happy that Steve did not get in. Since I am not a member of a GLO my views may differ from yours. From what MTV showed, it looked as if Steve put in a half ass effort when he pledged. Based on what little I know, pledging is something that you should put ALL of your effort into since it is a big commitment. I was also happy that the pledge brothers realized that Steve didn't have half the effort that they did and did not walk for him.
I agree. If Steve had Study the materials that was presented to him for the Test and helping out with the pledge project, This would never had happen. I know He knows it as well. Doing a half-ass(or totally lazy-ass) job will not get you in any greek organization or any general orgainzation overall.

I commend Tim the tool and the rest of his pledge class for doing the right thing. If you don't develop some type of bonding and working together as a team, then you're wasting their time, The Brothers' time, and most importantly, your time .

As for Earl, He was smart to write/type a letter and handed it to the Sigma Chi's and stated he wants to be a part of the Brotherhood. That took a lot of class on his part. I'm glad they made it.

As Earl said : "Well, Boys, That's a wrap"

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!

Last edited by sigtau305; 06-05-2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

i think this was a great ending! it was so nice to see the pledges after initiation....it was very sweet! tim and jarreu had a really hard time letting go of one another, tho! i would love to get an update on these guys now.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

though my brother was all upset because they let the "black man" go, i really thought the brothers made a good choice. after the one episode that i saw where steve was told not to have girls in the house, and he did it anyway, i was like "please let this boy go." he was a nut case and really showed his ass.

i was especially happy for jarreau since he and my brother share the same very cool name.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
i think this was a great ending! it was so nice to see the pledges after initiation....it was very sweet! tim and jarreu had a really hard time letting go of one another, tho! i would love to get an update on these guys now.
I'm sure you'll see them when MTV let them introduced the second season of FL.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 06-05-2003, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
i really liked the ending.

i'm happy steve didn't get in. as for the brothers, well, i think they were a little heart broken about it. only 7 felt he shouldn't be in. that means the other 22 felt he should.

i'm really happy the guys didn't walk for steve.

i can't believe steve was surprised about not getting in. what do you expect to get if you don't give 100%? i know you didn't want to be hurt, but what did you expect? honestly though.

gee, ya think there was alcohol involved in the ritual? not so sure. i thought they always stumbled around like that.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 06-05-2003, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
The inititation night reminded me of my ex-boyfriend's fraternity. The pledge period was supposed to be dry, so after the ceremony, the pledges and actives would drink together (in celebration) for the first time as brothers. I picked him up once from initiation and they were all hammered!

It was a sweet ending and it was great to see the amazing bond that was formed between all of them.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Ok, I'm not surprised Steve didn't get voted in. I just think its pretty crappy that they allowed him to continue until the night before they crossed to drop him. I think the intentions of having him there in the get go were not sincere.
If you are making pledgees right they will learn there history during the process, therefore it would not have been a surprise that someone didnt know anything.
But in my opinion Steve didn't get in for reasons that were unspoken.
Earl was horrible, but they crossed him. Earl disrespected all of him LB's and Big Bothers but they crossed him.
Plus they were all willing to walk for Earl, but not Steve. Questionable?