GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,578
0 members and 1,578 guests
No Members online

Old 10-22-2002, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Question Where did you meet your S.O.

I'm sick of being single and I started wondering where other people go to meet other singles.

So GCers, where/how did you meet your significant other?

Last edited by LeslieAGD; 10-22-2002 at 08:39 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
At my fraternity house during homecoming. AGD and TKE were paired up that year.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
at a party, he was on a date with someone else. lol called me the next morning, we've been together ever since.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
we met thru our parents..our mothers were good friends growing up (long story how he & i didn't end up meeting until a year and a half ago) but his parents actually met thru my mom & my uncle
Old 10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I met my husband at a fraternity/sorority mixer. I don't remember meeting him, but he swears that he told a fraternity brother that he saw me across the proverbial crowded room and said, "That's the girl I'm going to marry." (I don't believe him for a minute, but its flattering anyway! )

We kept running into each other at events for a few weeks until he worked up the nerve to ask me out. We've been inseparable ever since.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Met her hanging out at the fraternity house. She was a friend of one of our guys in the colony. About a year later we actually started going out.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-22-2002, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I met him at work. Since we were both Greeks, we decided to set up a social with each other. That night, he followed me everywhere, and eventually kissed me. That was almost two years ago. I have been the happiest girl in the world ever since
Old 10-22-2002, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
We were sitting next to each other on an airplane, believe it or not.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

At his fraternity house. I was a lil sis / rush hostess.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I met my guy at a cheesy sports bar in Forest Park, Illinois (and I have been to cheesy sports bars in Forest Park, Illinois exactly once).

The rest of the story is much more interesting...
Old 10-22-2002, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
[B
The rest of the story is much more interesting... [/B]
WELL!!! Share!

Gettin' us all excited.....speak on the matter! lol
Old 10-22-2002, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

He was my ex's big brother in their fraternity . Now that is a story.....
Old 10-23-2002, 08:31 AM

One of my sorority sisters introduced us back in my freshman year and tried to set us up a couple of times - it always fell through, but I placed him in the "friend of a friend" category.

Near the end of my junior year (after each of us had acquired our psycho ex's - I think it's a law that before meeting Mr./Ms. Right you must have at least one psycho ex) I ran into him at a party at his dorm. We started talking, swapped phone numbers, and the rest is history
Old 10-23-2002, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We work together, but didn't really meet at the office because we're in different departments. Our "actual" meeting took place when mutual friends from work decided to start a co-ed softball team. We both signed up to play and then started talking after our first practice when we went out for pizza and drinks with the rest of the team.

Two days later, our mutual friends invited us over for dinner in an attempt to play matchmaker. It worked! We had a great time that night and have been together ever since.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
We met online actually in a sense. I'm on the recruitment committee for the band and I respond to emails of perspective members interested in joining. In the cookie cutter email during summer I included my AIM SN if they wanted any questions answered online. One day I got this IM from a marching snare player. She asked her questions and such. To be professional I only IMed her if she had a question. But then we started talking about other things besides band so I could drop the whole professional attitude. The thing about AIM is that in a sense you get pure thought but no emotions conveyed. Just from talking to her online she seemed like a cool person. Then once school started up we started to hang out. That's when both of started getting attracted to each other. The night I told her how I felt about her we went to karaoke with a bunch of friends. She didn't know it but I sang a few songs that were meant for her. Later that night/early early morning when I drove her back I told her how I felt. It's the best feeling in the world when someone tells you that you bring joy and happiness into their lives.

She's a really innocent girl but I like her cuz of that. She's a first year and I'm a second year but I don't think age matters. I think about her all the time but these next two weeks we decided that it's ok if we don't hang out as much becuz of midterms. I really hope this relationship works out cuz I've had two short ones last year with girls that I dunno why the hell I got with them in the first place.

She's also the first girl in a long time that I've felt motivated to get up in the morning just to get through the day to see her later.