GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Upsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,413
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LarryByday
» Online Users: 629
3 members and 626 guests
davidsholzeo679, KDKells, Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner View Post
thats what im thinkin, Sherlock. and I'm thinkin these two "Philippine" organizations might be related in some way.
wow, i guess its harder than i thought to convey sarcasm over the internet.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?

Last edited by rufio; 11-18-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: typo
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-18-2008, 06:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEalumnus View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken, but in reference to the bit highlighted in black above, doesn't that conflict with DU's constitution and bylaws (Articles 2 and 3) and Policies and Procedures (Policies 4.5, 4.6) which are available online? As I understand it, no interest group has formally been established, no colony has been recognized, and no chapter has been chartered. Even though the ritual of initiation may be available online, how is the "initiation" of the "seven pioneers" a valid initiation? And isn't the founding date of a new chapter marked by the date on which IHQ grants a charter?

They consider themselves to be valid chapters and are in the process of establishing themselves as such with our IHQ.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner View Post

Who are these men?(citation needed)
The Philippine websites list their names as: Benhur R. Patalinghug (their alumni president), Fryle P. Lim (their alumni vice president), Roel G. Zunega Jr (their alumni secretary), Albert A. Suelto (their alumni treasurer), Laong-laan Polinar, Cerilo Ibanez, and Rico Bohol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKyleXY View Post
They consider themselves to be valid chapters and are in the process of establishing themselves as such with our IHQ.
Interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see the results of DU IHQ's investigation. It just seems to me that they're taking liberties that may ultimately cost them the opportunity to obtain a genuine charter.

Last edited by SAEalumnus; 11-28-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERNED

AS THE ALUMNI PRES FOR D.U PHILIPPINE CHAPTER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION AS FAR AS OUR EXCISTENCE IS CONCERNED YOU MAY ASKED ME IM CURRENTLY BASE IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY U.S.A IM BEN A GEOLOGIST BY PROFFISION.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

brod benhur I really appreciate that u have come up to this site and had joined also on this forum cause I really waited that by somehow the Philippine chapters will now have a spokeperson to the IHQ if ever they want to meet with you in person.The finalization of our recognition will be after the Board of Directors meeting this coming january 9, 2009 as what the executive director had emailed to me.

About your location there just take charge of the meeting of some chapters whrein you can easily visit them or those chapters that is near your residents in New Jersey.Thanks for joining this forum.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

GLAD TO HEAR FORM YOU

BRO. IM AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU EVENTHOUGH WERE BUSY FROM OUR WORK NOW A DAYS BUT STILL MY HEART BELONGS TO THE FRATERNITY ILL DO MY BEST TO ATTEND THAT MEETING BUT I CANT GARANTE DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE BUT I NEED ALL THE INFO. ABOUT THAT MATTER.
THANKS
Old 11-29-2008, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

brod your presence in the US will help a lot.Actually I already send to the Executive Director your contact number and email add so that he will also send you some updates after the meeting of the board on January.If ever I could go back to the Philippines next year I probably meet all chapters in our country so that I could share also to them regarding the progress of our affiliation.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

any idea about pledging?

Sorry to ask but as the alumni secretary of Delta Upsilon in the Philippines ,I just want know about the pledging procedures.In the Philippines we do have system also with regards to the acceptance of pledges.

Since we the DU`s working in Saudi Arabia are finding it hard to communicate always to oour brothers in the Philippines,I just want to know or even drop me a private message wherein I am very much interested to know about the way pledgees being accepted by the fraternity.

In the Philippines although absolutely no hazing but pledgees undergo on a 1 month service in order to become an official DU,like helping the fraternity during philantrophic activities like tree planting,mass feeding,clean up drive and others.

Grading system is a must also cause we are aiming for potential members and future leaders.

I would be glad to hear any ideas regarding this matter.Thanks and God bless!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 AM
GreekChat Member

check out the alumni site

Good day!!!

Just want to encourage everyone to visit also our alumni site www.deltaupsilonalumni.wetpaint.com cause I upload there photos of DU`s who are working the same with me here in Saudi Arabia.

Most probably with the help of DU`s here in Saudi Arabia we will be designing a new website which will be launch next year.It would be www.phildu.org .Am still working with the web host on how much to pay yearly.This will be the official website of all DU`s in the Philippines.

The webiste www.deltaupsilonalumni.wetpaint.com will be shut down next year if ever we will finish the official site.

Thanks and best regards!!!

Roel Zunega
Alumni Secretary
Delta Upsilon Philippines

Last edited by alumnisec; 12-10-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Post to all DU`s in North America

Please do excuse me for posting your furom since our chapters in the Philippines are still waiting for the final recognition this coming January 9, 2009 as what the executive director had told me.

I just want to take this opportunity to publish our new site and its the website that will carry all the chapters in the Philippines and as well as link all the chapters.

The responsible of making this website is me and other overseas filipino workers who are designated the same with me here in Saudi Arabia.

Please do visit the official website of all chapters in the Philippines.

www.duph.net
We are still looking for additional details we can add on the site but at
least we had establish or finish one. Whatever decisions from the Board although we had know and recieve an email that it is getting positive but still we are hoping that we receive the official recognition.

We the alumni both in the Philippines and as well as working abroad are expressing our love and loyalty to this fraternity and respect whateever decision from the Board of Directors.

Since from the beginning of our affiliation we never try to expand Delta Upsilon without permission and even the alumni from alberta and miami are our witness that they had advice us on how to become a recognize chapter.Without thier replies and advices probably we will not pursue on expanding Delta Upsilon in our country.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

greekwatch don`t intervene with our application for recognition

We are not like any other fraternities who didnt ask for permission in fact we are processing already for the official recognition. Greekwatch please mind your own business cause you don`t know whats going on with our application for recognition.

We the alumni knows already how much to pay and we are willing to spend dollars just to be a recognize chapter.The decision is on the Board only and we respect whatever decisions will be made.

We are willing to close and shut down all chapter in the Philippines of Delta Upsilon if ever we will be disapprove.We love Delta Upsilon but our existence will be judge only after the January 9 , 2009 Leadership Meeting.

Although its getting positive as the Exec Director says on the email ,still we are waiting for the final decision of the Board.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnisec View Post
We are not like any other fraternities who didnt ask for permission in fact we are processing already for the official recognition. Greekwatch please mind your own business cause you don`t know whats going on with our application for recognition.

We the alumni knows already how much to pay and we are willing to spend dollars just to be a recognize chapter.The decision is on the Board only and we respect whatever decisions will be made.

We are willing to close and shut down all chapter in the Philippines of Delta Upsilon if ever we will be disapprove.We love Delta Upsilon but our existence will be judge only after the January 9 , 2009 Leadership Meeting.

Although its getting positive as the Exec Director says on the email ,still we are waiting for the final decision of the Board.
QFP
Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Its true SAE Alumnus , I have already discuss all this things to the Exec Director that if ever disapprove ,eventhough its hard to close but we will do it if ever we will be disapprove.

I have discuss already this things to my filipino brothers and they already prepare themselves on the outcome of the decision ,this month of January.

We the DU`s here working in Saudi Arabia always monitor greekchat and whatever things that hurt us we will always ready to defend ourselves as well as the existence of Delta Upsilon in the Philippines.

Our alumni president Benhur whos now base in New Jersey working as a geologist are ready to answer questions with regards to the expansion of delta upsilon in our country.And he will be the one to process all the necessary papers and chapter fees if ever we will be recognize.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Comments on some of the other groups where there is a USA group and a Philippines group.

1) Alpha Phi Omega of the Philippines is a separate legal entity which was founded with the full knowledge of the United States group (information about them was in the magazine for APO-USA that came out the month after the APO-Phil founding).

2) Alpha Sigma Phi of the Philippines had its first chapter in 1959, formed as a national organization in 1972 and formed an international council with the ASPhi-USA in 1984.

3) Phi Beta Kappa is in the process of taking legal action in the Philippines to force the group in the Philippines to disband.

At least one of the others that is a social greek (I don't remember which off the top of my head), the group in the Philippines has both brothers and sisters, which makes affiliation with the group in the USA just about impossible.

As best as I can tell, the Delta Upsilon effort in the Philippines is pretty new (within the last 5 years) and while not following the rules for expansion the way that they should be followed within North America, seem to be playing it fairly straight. While I *personally* think that a separate National Organization like ASPhi and APO would be better than trying to make a region of them in the same Organization, I do hope that things work out for the best.

Sincerely

Randolph Finder
Alpha Phi Omega Alumnus and
Wikipedian attempting to keep make http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...he_Philippines a better page.

Last edited by naraht; 01-05-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation TO GREEKWATCH

Base on what you have posted here it sems you have undermined us, and the effort that we exert in this matter. Are you trying to say that its about money of whom could just afford? are you aware of the basic foundation of this brotherhood, ITS ALL ABOUT VERTUE AND CHARACTER Body not money..Im working here in states as a exploration geologist for an oil corp. and i have lots of people working under me and i know very well what would be ther income, so dont let me think that you dont know what your talking about..
Closed Thread