GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,505
1 members and 2,504 guests
navane
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

Honorary Member?

Does anyone know if Kemba Smith was made an honorary member of a sorority? The Delta's in MD had her as a guest speaker at one of their events. **shrugs** Go figure! As if she is any type of role model.

Last edited by Goddess01; 05-04-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess01 View Post
Does anyone know if Kemba Smith was made an honorary member of a sorority? The Delta's in MD had her as a guest speaker at one of their events. **shrugs** Go figure! As if she is any type of role model.
The Deltas also had her speak at their national convention and at regional conferences. Go figure. They are really fools.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm just wondering, in the politest way possible (from your responses in this thread and in the other one where you seem to have an itch to correct everybody's grammar) - where do you get off on being so snarky and generally unpleasant?

And as for Kemba Smith, I just did some reading, and I'd think she makes a great role model as someone who has made mistakes in the past and is now doing her best to make use of the opportunities afforded her with her second chance.

But then again, I'm not a judgmental know-it-all...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Who are you and why are you here?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13 View Post
Who are you and why are you here?
Wait, she's jealous because Ms. Kemba will be invited to your membership and welcomed with open arms; whereas, she has yet to be spoken to about your Sorority...

Which means she is either doing underground activities that constitutes is hazing by ghosts and renegades...

I cannot pay more dues for lunacy...

I am seeing this more and more with my interests. Judging who we are selecting, like they know our reasons who we choose for membership.

How are the interests and the potentials deciding who we will extend invitations to into our respective Sororities?

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

My understanding is that she is not an honorary member. She is listed on a website (PGC Alum?) as having been part of a line a few years ago.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2bDST View Post
My understanding is that she is not an honorary member. She is listed on a website (PGC Alum?) as having been part of a line a few years ago.
Kemba Smith is not a member of DST nor is she under consideration for honorary membership at this time.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Kemba Smith is not a member of DST nor is she under consideration for honorary membership at this time.
Thank you and good night!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
I heard she AIed into SkeePhi.

p a w e a since 1899
Old 05-06-2007, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Sorry about that. There is a Kemba listed on a DC Area website, so my recollection didn't completely fail me, but that Kemba has a different last name.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikchick View Post
I'm just wondering, in the politest way possible (from your responses in this thread and in the other one where you seem to have an itch to correct everybody's grammar) - where do you get off on being so snarky and generally unpleasant?

And as for Kemba Smith, I just did some reading, and I'd think she makes a great role model as someone who has made mistakes in the past and is now doing her best to make use of the opportunities afforded her with her second chance.

But then again, I'm not a judgmental know-it-all...
You said all that to say...?

And, I'm very happy to know you "just did some reading."

Last edited by Goddess01; 05-06-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Wait, she's jealous because Ms. Kemba will be invited to your membership and welcomed with open arms; whereas, she has yet to be spoken to about your Sorority...

Which means she is either doing underground activities that constitutes is hazing by ghosts and renegades...

I cannot pay more dues for lunacy...

I am seeing this more and more with my interests. Judging who we are selecting, like they know our reasons who we choose for membership.

How are the interests and the potentials deciding who we will extend invitations to into our respective Sororities?
You're joking, correct? Jealous of a convicted drug-dealing felon...unwed baby-mama to a drug dealer who beat up on her? And, now she milks the spotlight for all it's worth. I don't see where I should be jealous. Enlighten me, please.

And as far as you know, I may already be a member. Not that being a member is all that of an issue.

Last edited by Goddess01; 05-06-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And as far as you know, I may already be a member. Not that being a member is all that of an issue.
Yeah, you could , but You. Are. Not!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
Yeah, you could , but You. Are. Not!
Damn you took the words out of my mouth Sistergreek..

When you drop the baggage, your hands will then be free to embrace the blessings...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're joking, correct? Jealous of a convicted drug-dealing felon...unwed baby-mama to a drug dealer who beat up on her? And, now she milks the spotlight for all it's worth. I don't see where I should be jealous. Enlighten me, please.

Actually, she is a great example of a woman who turned her life around and is a great speaker to women who might find themselves in similar situations. She is a good reminder to women who think they are the exception...that they are not.
Closed Thread