GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,140
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zolivilittlez29
» Online Users: 870
2 members and 868 guests
flamboyanttree, John

Old 04-25-2005, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

hoot hoot!

username: KKG Ali
real first name: Alison
initiation date: 3/12/2005
home chapter: Gamma Rho, Allegheny College
currently serving the Fraternity as: junior panhel delegate for Kappa

About me: I am a biochemistry/premed freshman at Allegheny and involved a ton. I hope to become our actual delegate to Panhel next semester since the jr. position was only for this semester. I love to read, sing, and do a lot more...check out my xanga or facebook for more about me

http://www.xanga.com/hulacutie109

Last edited by imsohappythatiama; 04-25-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

username: UofIJenny
real first name: Jennifer
initiation date: 11/9/2003
home chapter: Beta Lambda, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
currently serving the Fraternity as: I don't hold a position

About me: I'm from the suburbs of chicago and i rushed as a sophomore. I lived in the house this past year (down the hall from ILLINIgirl actually!) and it was one of the best experiences of my life! Just wanted to say hi to the other kappas here!
Old 08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

username: bluenblue82
real first name: Meagan
initiation date: 11/3/2001
home chapter: Theta Chapter, University of Missouri
currently serving the Fraternity as: an advisor (in enemy territory!) at Beta Lambda, University of Illinois

Home chapter claim to fame: Theta Chapter wrote the opening and closing rituals as well as being the longest continually running chapter on Mizzou's campus - since 1875 and still going strong! Our house is also shaped like a key from the air, and we won Outstanding Chapter at Provence in 2005!

About me: I was born and raised in central Illinois and went to school at the University of Missouri - go Tigers! I pledged Kappa my freshman year and had a blast working as the Events Chairman and the Membership Chairman. I just graduated in May of 2005 and I already miss being active. I'm very excited to be getting involved in the next step as a Kappa advisor, so look out Beta Lambda Chapter, here I come!

Love and Loyally

Meagan

Last edited by bluenblue82; 08-06-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sugrsingr
Quote:
Originally posted by bluenblue82

About me: I was born and raised in central Illinois and went to school at the University of Missouri - go Tigers! I pledged Kappa my freshman year and had a blast working as the Events Chairman and the Membership Chairman. I just graduated in May of 2005 and I already miss being active. I'm very excited to be getting involved in the next step as a Kappa advisor, so look out Beta Lambda Chapter, here I come!
Hey! I am from Decatur and just graduated from Zeta Epsilon in WI! I just wanted to say hello! Do you work a lot with Christina Windberg (PDC)?? She was an active advisor - she's a ZE alum - my freshman and sophomore year at Lawrence
Old 01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

my turn

initiated: 2004

name: sarah

chapter: epsilon eta, AUBURN UNIVERSITY!

fav thing about kappa: having never had a sister before, im now thrust in the middle of 200! i love my pledgeclass and the older girls are truly my sisters! i love kappa!

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Initiated: Nov. 11 2005
Chapter: Epsilon Psi, soon to be Gamma Xi at UCLA

I'm a leg (my sis was in Pi Deuteron at Cal) and I just love my sisters!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

username: WVU Kappa
real first name: Erica
initiation date: Fall 05
home chapter: Beta Upsilon, West Virginia University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Mountaineer Week Chair (spirit week at the university)

Home chapter claim to fame: Celebrated 100 years on campus this past March!

About me: I am an engineering student at WVU and I absolutely LOVE Kappa and all of my sisters! I am not sure if there are any other sisters from my chapter on greekchat, I just came across the site the other day and thought it was interesting.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

username: kkgfleur
initiation date: April 4, 2003
home chapter: Eta Epsilon, Johns Hopkins University
currently serving the Fraternity as: I just graduated in May, so I'm just a fresh-faced alum!

I'm new to GC, nice to see so many sisters representing!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

roll call!

username: kkgamma_grl
real first name: Jennifer
home chapter: Epsilon Xi; California State University, Northridge
initiated: 11/6/04

Old 10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ladies!

I was just initiated this weekend, and I am so proud to count myself among the women of this AMAZING organization!

Username: klutzykappakuti
Real first name: Jen
Home chapter: Eta Eta; University of Central Florida, Orlando
Initiated: 10/7/06
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzykappakuti View Post
Hey ladies!

I was just initiated this weekend, and I am so proud to count myself among the women of this AMAZING organization!

Username: klutzykappakuti
Real first name: Jen
Home chapter: Eta Eta; University of Central Florida, Orlando
Initiated: 10/7/06
Congratulations! Welcome to Kappa! I'm an Eta Eta alum, actually a charter sister of the chapter.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 AM
KappaPR

Kappa Kudos From Puerto Rico!!

Username: KappaPR
Name:Evelyn Aimee De Jesus
Initiation Date: 09/11/1993
I'm currently an attorney in Puerto Rico.
Chapter: Delta Nu, University of Massachusetts At Amherst
Old 11-06-2006, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriMarie View Post
Hi, I'm Kerri and I'm a proud member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter of KKG at Florida State University. I was initiated 3/3/01.

I'm a Theatre major with a Psychology minor, graduating in the spring of 2003 (eek, so soon!)

so I randomly found this website and I'm a newly iniated member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter at Florida State!! 10/14/06

I just wanted to say that I'm glad I found this site/forum, and that I'm sooo happy to be a Kappa
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PanhellenicKKG
username: PanhellenicKKG
real first name: Samantha
initiation date: 4/7/2006
home chapter: Gamma Omega Denison University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Assistant to the VP of Recruitment of Panhellenic (I'll be VP starting Jan. 2008)
Home chapter claim to fame: Most Improved at National Convention 2006!
About me: I never really saw myself as Greek but now I couldn't be more involved in Greek Life and I love love love it! It's going to kill me to disaffiliate next year!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JeffersonStKKG
re-post (a little long..sorry, ladies)

Username: JeffersonStKKG; my chapter was located on campus off of Jefferson. St.

Initiation date: Although I graduated in '04, I was P/C '02 because I had been wrapped up in playing vball for my school...until an injury my second season.

Chapter: Epsilon Zeta/FSU

Currently Serving: I am a member of the Alumni Association of the Palm Beaches; regarding committees, I have been on the phone-tree and have made myself available to whomever needs me.

Past office: I served as my P/C's Standards rep. for two years. Although not an offical office, I was assistant to our Marshall.

House information: My sorority house is the newest house on campus, built in 1961, often described as a Plantation Mansion, and is the only white house on campus. We have the third largest house on campus and the only sorority house with a backyard. Finally, we are the only house to have a "paint room" in the basement--tech. the first floor-- (by the chapter and study rooms); most Greeks ask permission to use the room for their banners. As tradition goes, during the close of I-Week, before Friday, we have the current pledge class paint their names/year on the walls of the paint room. We (used to) have a "new member" room on the third floor: it is the largest room and served as a "refuge" for any new sisters wanting to sleep over or hang out and when had visiting sisters and reps. from Ntl's., the room transformed into a "guest room." To the best of my knowledge, we still have a CC who lives in the room. My chapter hosted Province, I believe, 3 years ago and were recognized twice at Province meetings for Gracious Living.

Chapter information: While I was active, we won overall-Homecoming twice and Dance Marathon once---the two biggest events on campus for Greeks and other organizations. My P/C had been the largest in years with 50 pnm's; since '02, however, the chapter has grown. At my school, the chapter quota was large due to a house with a little less or maybe a little more than 200 active sisters; accordingly, (including graduating seniors) our chapter was "medium-sized," with anywhere from 80-110 sisters. The ladies of Epsilon Zeta, yes "EZ",support all of the Greek-life philanthropies and take pride in representing Kappa on campus. Relay For Life at FSU was started by a Kappa. At the end of each semester, we have a Kozy celebrating graduating seniors and at which time Big/Key sisters are given their paddles and Lil/Key sisters are given handmade (by the Big/Key) owls w/the sister's name on them and scrapbooks. Most "families" have traditions as to the design of the Owl; for example, mine looked looked like a bowling pin (haha, bless Erica's heart) and had a bow around it's neck, while other families make owls that resemble disfigured ETs..hahaha.

About me:As aforementioned, I played volleyball for FSU from '99-'02. I was a member of two other sorority-esque organizations on campus: "Lady Spirithunters" (a group of selected women who promote FSU spirit throughout the community) and the "Garnet and Gold Guides" (we were chosen to be hostesses for potential football and basketball recruits and their families while they met coaches and toured the campus)

I still live in the "bubble" I was born and raised in, Boca Raton, Florida. As aforementioned, I joined an AA as well as outside organizations, such as the Jr. League. In the fall, I will be entering my 4th year of work towards earning a doctorate in psychology. Aside from my alum. work with Kappa, I am involved with my alma mater as a Booster, AA member and a class of distinction with my school's Foundation.

I,too, am a self-professed Kappa-holic and enjoy collecting shirts from other chapters as well as memorbilia and regular sorority item (I SCORED when I visited FSU last weekend b/c the Greek Store had all sorority items marked half off since they're prepping to order items for Recruitment in August and, on top of that, one woman made a gift bucket of Kappa items for me, free of charge. I'm a taaaaad obsessed with the blue of the sky and the blue of the sea. With that said, one of my best friends and I are trying to find an open block in our schedule to visit Headquarters, Museum and the Stewart House---we want to get in touch with our roots. Hopefully we can set dates for everything and would love to meet up w/other Kappas throughout the country!

KLove,
Julie