GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 757
0 members and 757 guests
No Members online

Old 04-17-2004, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Any Suggestions??

Hi. I am interested in rushing for Kappa but there isn't a chapter at my school. ....Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2004, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

you could try to start a chapter at your school... where do you go?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

hey, we'll we tried to start a chapter but it feel apart and didn't work out. ...
Old 04-18-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

m3orlil:

If your university or college does not currently have a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma, and you haven't been successful in starting a interest group with the mission of eventually becoming a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma (which is a lengthy and detailed process), then your only other option (if the ultimate goal is to pursue membership in KKG) is to transfer to a college or university where a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma is present.

Having said that, however, please bear in mind that one should not transfer schools just to pursue membership in ANY organization, let alone Kappa Kappa Gamma. Have you considered pursuing membership in any of the other Greek organizations on your campus? Why the particular interest in KKG?

I wish you luck. Please let us know if we can be of further help here in this Forum.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

imsohappythatiama

of course I wouldn't transfer or go to another school just to join a org. If I were to attend to another school, the number one priority would be for my education.

A while back I did pledge for a greek org. but dp because there was no "sisterhood" in the org. I had no bond with them so I would feel untrue to myself if I stay in a org. whose principles that I don't agree with.

A friend of mine who previously pledge in the same org. as I did, introduced me to Kappa. She was pledging kappa while she was in the same school as I was and not having to transfer to another school to do so. I really saw the bond that my friend and her kappa sisters have and saw how much they care for eachother. That is what I want. I know there are other orgs. and I plan to check it out but kappa remains my first choice.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

m3orlil:

It is not possible for a woman who attends one college/university to pledge a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma at another college/university where she is not a student.

For example, if you attend Big State University, where there is no chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma, you can not join the chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma at State College (which is 15 minutes down the road), because you are not a student at State College.

Are you saying this is what your friend did? Are you saying that she pledged a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma at a school she does not attend?

Other organizations work differently, but Kappa Kappa Gamma requires a woman to be a regularly matriculated student at the school where the KKG chapter holds its charter.

I think there may be some confusion on the part of your friend, or in your interpretation of her story. Please let me know if I can clarify any further. I am happy to help in any way that I can.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Any Suggestions??

Quote:
Originally posted by m3orlil
Hi. I am interested in rushing for Kappa but there isn't a chapter at my school. ....Any suggestions?
By the way, don't you go to UC-I? That's what you reported in another thread on GreekChat.

I find that really interesting, because UC-I has a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma. (See http://www.students.uci.edu/greeklife/)

I don't mean to flame you, but your story isn't adding up. Can you please clarify so that we can try to help give you the suggestions you asked for in starting this thread?