GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,016
3 members and 1,013 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Question AXO Question:)

I have been a part of the wonderful Alpha Chi Omega for almost 2 years now but have found that because of some minor set backs I would really like to take a semester off. When I resume school, I will be (hopefully) attending a school in a different state. I Love my sisters and could not imagine my life without AXO. I guess my question is...if I take the semester off, will that effect anything as far as being an AXO? Or even trying to resume at a different university? Ugh...just at an all time low here. I Love these girls to the moon and back but need to transfer to a new school after one semester break:/ Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

You would have to check with your HQ to be sure but in most groups, once you leave school, you are an alum. If you transfer to another school that has a chapter of AXO, it would depend on their affiliation rules as to whether you could join that chapter. But you would continue to be an alum if you didn't affiliate or if there was no chapter there. You could then join the local alum group.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Thankyou