GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,406
5 members and 2,401 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 06-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Bama Recruitment '04

A Bama PNM just left my house and she said that in an orientation meeting, they were told that this year's recruitment would be the biggest ever--and that quota might be 150! Has anyone else heard this?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-19-2004, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Wow, that sounds iffy...could they manage to rassle up some other sororities to take the pressure off of that. I mean, 150? For quota??? Everyone would have to be a big sister, or take more than one little!
Old 06-19-2004, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Believe me it will not be that high....rumors like that run rampanant every year. Believe me my sister is currently in a sorority there and i have many friends both in sororities and going thru rush and i have not heard such a thing. I think that this is not a credible rumor.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:11 PM

Although my school doesn't compare to Bama in terms of rush, we do have a lot of girls coming through (about 1,000). They always tell the chapters after recruitment orientation that quota could be in the 100's. They factor that just by dividing the amount of girls at the orientation by the number of chapters. As we all know, a lot happens during recruitment week; girls drop out or girls are cross cut. We still end up with a large pledge class (around 70) but that's better than 100!
Old 06-19-2004, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

This is just a rumor.

Actually, rush numbers are projected to be around 1200 this year, which is up about 300 girls since last year. But even if all those women went through the entire process, quota would still only be 80 (1200 divided by the # of sororities [15] = 80). If 1500 girls signed up for rush, quota COULD be 100... but there are always lots of people who drop out. I doubt quota will be more than 70 or 75 at the most.

Carnation, tell your PNM to pm me if she has questions--I won't reveal my affiliation to her, but I will be happy to help if she needs anything and I might be able to point her in the direction of some recs from various houses.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

back in april i heard it would be in the 70's but i know they were having problems with girls registering online (you were not suppose to be able to but the internet was letting them) anyways i heard it would end up in the 80's ! and for any Bama pnms, there is a form to fill out and you must mail it in to the panhellenic office, so if you registered online i would call and check to make sure they have your info! and best of luck! and i would bring an umbrella each day b/c it will probably rain and a small fan for the time walking to each house b/c tuscaloosa in august isn't much fun with the heat!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Nonono I doubt that.

There's always a TON of girls who drop out. I think it may be high, like 75 at most, but no WAY it would be 100.

Supposedly this is because Auburn is on probation with their accreditation. More girls are coming here next year. Maybe there was an Alabama baby boom in '85-'86? LOL.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
This is just a rumor.

Actually, rush numbers are projected to be around 1200 this year, which is up about 300 girls since last year. But even if all those women went through the entire process, quota would still only be 80 (1200 divided by the # of sororities [15] = 80). If 1500 girls signed up for rush, quota COULD be 100... but there are always lots of people who drop out. I doubt quota will be more than 70 or 75 at the most.

Carnation, tell your PNM to pm me if she has questions--I won't reveal my affiliation to her, but I will be happy to help if she needs anything and I might be able to point her in the direction of some recs from various houses.
I'll do that--no doubt you can clue her in better than I can! She was pretty wide-eyed after being told that quota was 150 and was probably wondering how on earth you could have sisterhood with pledge classes that size.

(Note to all have inquired--No! This is not my daughter! My daughter is not going to Bama!)
Old 06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
This news doesn't surprise me in light of the administration announcing that they want to boost enrollment to (I think) 25,000 within the next few years. More students=more rushees. I think it's an ambitious goal to aim for 150, but they do realize that a good number will drop before actually initiating. Not to mention people who disaffiliate for whatever reason along the way.
Anyone know if the proposed stadium expansion is going to affect Sorority Row??
Old 06-24-2004, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Re: Bama Recruitment '04

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
A Bama PNM just left my house and she said that in an orientation meeting, they were told that this year's recruitment would be the biggest ever--and that quota might be 150! Has anyone else heard this?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'm looking at their website, but don't see a list of which NPC groups are at 'Bama. Does anyone know?

If true, this is incredible!!

ETA: I found the list:

ACW
AOP
ADP
AGD
CW
DDD
DZ
GFB
KAQ
KD
KKG
FM
PBF
SDT
ZTA

Last edited by honeychile; 06-24-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Greek Life Website at 'Bama

NPC Chapaters at 'Bama
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha

IFC Chapters at 'Bama
Alpha Kappa Lambda
Alpha Tau Omega
Beta Theta Pi
Chi Phi
Delta Chi
Delta Kappa Epsilon
Delta Tau Delta
Kappa Alpha
Kappa Sigma
Lambda Chi Alpha
Lambda Sigma Phi
Phi Delta Theta
Phi Gamma Delta
Phi Kappa Psi
Pi Kappa Alpha
Pi Kappa Phi
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Chi
Sigma Nu
Sigma Pi
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Theta Chi
Zeta Beta Tau
Old 06-25-2004, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by swissmiss04
This news doesn't surprise me in light of the administration announcing that they want to boost enrollment to (I think) 25,000 within the next few years. More students=more rushees. I think it's an ambitious goal to aim for 150, but they do realize that a good number will drop before actually initiating. Not to mention people who disaffiliate for whatever reason along the way.
Anyone know if the proposed stadium expansion is going to affect Sorority Row??
I have heard that AOPi will be affected, and possibly Theta as well. The rumor is that SDT closed down this summer due to low numbers, so AOPi would probably have first dibs at SDT's house.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
This is just a rumor.

When I went through recruitment at Auburn a couple of years ago, it was the largest group ever to go through (1213 girls). I think quota (figured after IWT's; # of girls still invited back/# of sororities) was around 65 with 4 additions. My pledge class was right about 65.
Some girls will have to take on more than one little sister, but for the most part it ought to be pretty much one-on-one matching. I think only 6-7 girls got two littles.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Question

Did SDT close or did they just move out of their house but are still on campus?