GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,327
0 members and 1,327 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2004, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
Being a single parent definitely changes requirements (or should)... Most 21 year old guys I know wouldn't be able to handle this situation. (I said most, guys, not all.) With me still being in college, and being an active member in a GLO, I can relate to some guys younger than me. The hard part is that I do have the grown up real world thing too since I also work full time and have responsiblities that the majority of the guys I've dated didn't have. I'm in an inbetween stage where it's strange to date guys who have graduated, have real jobs, etc, and it's often exasperating to date guys in college.
Yeah but who really wants to do the real life thing before they have to?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-04-2004, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Younger/Older

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
No offense, but me and some of my other thirtysomething friends would beat your asses if you even thought about hitting on us as a joke. I think y'all need to get a life. I know you offered more of an explanation, but that just really hit me the wrong way.

My (seven years younger) fiance is lucky he can keep up with me most of the time...
Sorry if you took it the wrong way and perhaps I stated it the wrong way, but it was kind of a joke we were a little faded and were like "this will be funny" nothing malicious about it. Heck one of my buddies ended up hooking up with one of them so no harm no foul. I certainly have nothing against older women
Old 01-04-2004, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a problem!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

By the way Valkyrie you never answered the question
Old 01-04-2004, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't do the real world thing before I had to, and I realize some people's circumstances enable them to hold off. If I wasn't doing at least part of the real world thing at my age however, something would be wrong. That does sometimes make things hard for dating younger guys that DON'T have to be in the real world.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

So I take it you left school for awhile and then came back?
Old 01-04-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonist
By the way Valkyrie you never answered the question
Which question -- about younger guys? If I were single, I'd have no problem dating a guy 10 years younger, or 12 for that matter (as it stands now, I have to "settle" for someone who is seven years younger). I would probably not, however, date an older guy, not because I have a problem with them but just because I'm very young at heart and I'd most likely be bored.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: atlanta....its hot here... cant breath... too humid... helppp
no younger guys for me no thanks... only older
Old 01-04-2004, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 21 so going much younger wouldn't work for me. I agree with what one poster said about being able to go into a bar with your sig other. I think I'd go up to 30. I have an uncle who is 43 and his s/o is 28. I think they make a great couple. After my aunt died, he has only dated younger women. I asked him about it once and he said the main things that mattered to him besides the physical, were that they had a "real" job and were able to keep up with a real conversation. The oldest I've dated is 27. There was nothing wrong with his age, it was just him... or, maybe it was me.

Last edited by bethany1982; 01-04-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Usually what most ppl have difficulty with regards to age discrepancies is that they tend to associate that person's age to a family member..."ahhh he's younger than my baby sister..."
Old 01-05-2004, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Since I am in my early 20's, I don't really like the idea of dating a much younger man. If he can't get into the bars and clubs I go to, then it's not going to work out very well for us. (My roomie is dating someone who just turned 20...she's 22 and it causes all kinds of problems). However, I would date a man up to the age of 28. I think I just like the 5 years apart thing! My current boyfriend is 3 months younger than me to the date and I love it!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Yeah, I have to agree with the bar thing (although here in Ontario the legal drinking age is 19). I'm 23 and I probably wouldn't date someone younger than 20. I probably wouldn't date a much older man either, but I'd go up to 10 years older than myself.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have too much room to talk on here, but I'm 23 and I would date someone as young as 21 (because of the aforementioned bar thing) and as old as 27 or so. I've always had a tendency to date guys that are younger than me, and I always joke with my friends that "if you can't find a good man, then raise one"