GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,523
0 members and 2,523 guests
No Members online

Old 06-27-2015, 11:37 AM

Western Kentucky ADPi is Sweetheart

Wanted to congratulate Kelsey Maggard of your Western Kentucky University chapter. Last night, Kelsey was chosen as Sigma Chi's 2015-2017 International Sweetheart.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-27-2015, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Wanted to congratulate Kelsey Maggard of your Western Kentucky University chapter. Last night, Kelsey was chosen as Sigma Chi's 2015-2017 International Sweetheart.
I did not know Sigma Chi picked an International Sweetheart! This sounds like a great honor. What are the criteria for being chosen?
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Sweetheart Program

"The International Sweetheart of Sigma Chi has held a distinguished role in our organization since Barbara Tanner [Kappa Alpha Theta, Michigan State] was first crowned in 1948 by Significant Sig John Wayne, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA 1929. Since then, an International Sweetheart has been chosen once every two years at Grand Chapter. Each young woman has represented the ideals of the White Cross and lived Sigma Chi's core values of Friendship, Justice and Learning while making her own personal contributions to the Fraternity."

International Sweethearts of Sigma Chi

"A committee appointed by the Grand Consul narrows the chapter nominations down to three finalists, and the undergraduate representatives select the new International Sweetheart by a vote."
Old 06-28-2015, 04:37 PM

Her mother is a Kappa Alpha Theta from my chapter--Eastern Kentucky University. Just FYI Her mom is a fabulous lady!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, LaneSig! We're proud of our sisters! Do you have any photos?
Old 06-29-2015, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

What a lovely tradition.My old roommate's Mother was a local Sweetheart of Sigma Chi in the late 1950's.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
Her mother is a Kappa Alpha Theta from my chapter--Eastern Kentucky University. Just FYI Her mom is a fabulous lady!
And keeping it all in the EKU family, she is also the daughter of Sigma Chi Chuck Maggard, Eastern Kentucky 1985.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Thank you for letting us know, LaneSig! We're proud of our sisters! Do you have any photos?

From Miss Maggard's Twitter account

Kelsey Maggard Elected 34th International Sweetheart

June 29 2015

Sigma Chi's undergraduate delegates to the 80th Grand Chapter in San Diego elected Kelsey Maggard of Western Kentucky University as the Fraternity's 34th International Sweetheart on June 27. She is the daughter of Chuck Maggard, EASTERN KENTUCKY 1985.

"I can't even find the words to thank everyone for reaching out," wrote Kelsey in a message posted to Twitter on Saturday evening following the announcement of her election. "I'm beyond excited for the next two years. Let's get to work, @SigmaChi!"

Maggard is a member of the Alpha Delta Pi Sorority who majored in communication sciences and disorders, and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. As sweetheart, she helped organize the chapter’s 2014 Derby Days philanthropic event, which raised $21,900 for the Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) and led to the chapter’s induction into the charter class of HCI’s $20K Club.

She was joined at Grand Chapter by her fellow candidates Cecilia Daizovi, a Delta Gamma from Purdue University, and Brynn Henderson, a Kappa Kappa Gamma from Pepperdine University.