GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,772
0 members and 1,772 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2002, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Question EvanNichole - how's OSU rush going??

(original quote in 'Who's Rushing' thread)
"I'm rushing at Oklahoma State. I move into the dorms on August 8 and rush begins on the 9th, I'm so excited. There are 11 chapters."

I know that recruitment has already started for you there at OSU, and I sincerely hope that it is going great for you there!! Just wanted to let you know that there are many, many people on GC that wish you nothing but the BEST and are DYING to know how everything is going!! SO ............

Whenever you get a moment, please, please be sure to post and let us know your impressions on how things are going (or went, if recruitment is over when you read this

BEST WISHES EVANNICHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that everything works out for you there at OSU - from all that I've heard its a great school with an AWESOME greek system!!

- Jen
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2002, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

bump

Don't keep us in suspense, EvanNichole!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My rush went great. We couldn't get on line in the dorms so I kept a diary. Should I post it all at once or do it day by day so you get the "full effect"?
Old 08-14-2002, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh Post it all at once!!!! The suspense of carnation's daughters and angels & arrows cousin's threads have been killing me. I dont think I could take another thread that I have to wait for. Gosh, by the time it comes for me to rush I dont think I will be able to handle the suspense waiting for my stuff!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It'll be really long!
Old 08-15-2002, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up do it sweetheart

we are with you.
lol
Old 08-15-2002, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
Wink It's OkieDoky

Ok I have nothing else to do sweety..I have been constantly on GC all afternoon.I am soo ready to read a Rush story ..Please begin,whenever ready,lol
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 08-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

I'm here to tell you, the sororities at OSU are all great! Good luck to you during recruitment!
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-15-2002, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

EvanNichole, PLEASE post the whole thing!!! The longer the better! We're all waiting anxiously to read about your rush!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

The suspense is killing us...please share!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

First Day:
On the first day we went to all 11 houses. I'll post everything in alphabetical order. We were given bright pink recruitment t-shirts to wear. I wore mine with khaki capris and white stack-sole shoes. All of the houses looked very pretty. The houses are:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

AXO-I had an awesome conversation at this house. I just really clicked with the girl. We talked about bad haircuts and how it is difficult to find a new hairdresser when you move (kind of random but unique)

ADPi-The girl I talked to was very nice, but she goes to Baylor, she was just there to help with rush. There were 2 PNMs to each person there. I didn't feel like I got much of a feel for the house because I was talking with another PNM and a girl who didn't go to OSU.

XO-Another awesome conversation. The girl was very interested in politics just like me. She was a poli sci major and I might major in that (or fashion design odd combo I know)

DDD-I actually vaguely know the girl I talked to. She was a senior at my school when I was a freshman. She was very nice-I wasn't really comfortable with the atmosphere.

GPhiB-I also didn't really click with the girl here either. She asked me if I knew a girl from my high school. The girl she asked me about didn't have a very good reputation. I know it's probably shallow but it made me think poorly of her.

Theta-The girl here really made me feel very uncomfortable. I won't post what she said or asked me. She also made my roommate cry.

KD-Very nice, down-to-earth girls. Very good conversation.

Kappa-I liked my girl here a lot. She and I could have talked all day.

PhiMu-Nice girls. Seemed down-to-earth. The girl told me about how she wrecked the driver's ed car when she was in high school.

PiPhi-My girl was very nice but I think I would fit better elswhere. The atmosphere seemed way more formal than I like. I'm pretty laid-back. (This suprises most people because I went to an upscale private high school and they expect me to be like the stereotypical snobby prep school girl)

Zeta-I liked this girl. It was one of my last parties of the day so we were both a little tired. She talked a lot so I wouldn't have to, which was nice.

Last edited by EvanNichole; 08-15-2002 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Second Day:
I was asked back to 10 of the houses, all but Chi Omega. I chose to release Gamma Phi Beta and Kappa Alpha Theta. Today we toured the chapter houses and did a philanthropy craft. This was important to me because I really like to do charity work.

AXO-Awesome again. I really hit it off with the girls I spoke with. Their house was cool too. They have a vanity area in every room with a sink and seperate lighting. We made care packages for the local domestic violence shelter.

ADPi-I was rushed by another girl who was not from OSU. Although this time it was one on one. I didn't feel comfortable trying to learn about a sorority from a girl who isn't in that specific house.

DDD-I didn't really click with the girl but she was nice. I know it's superficial but they have open closets-no doors. I think that would be really annoying. No matter how neat your closet is it makes the room look cluttered.

KD-Another awesome girl. For the philanthropy we tied a ribbon around the neck of a teddy bear for a children's hospital. It felt like almost an afterthought. Like they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't have to.

KKG-I really liked all of the girls I talked to here. They showed a video showing the girls actually doing all of their different philanthropy work throughout the year. I liked that because it made me feel like they showed that they really care about their work and they think about it year-round.

PhiMu-I didn't really click with any of the girls I talked to. The were all nice just not my style

PiPhi-The girls I talked to were very nice. The house as a whole seems almost over-confident. The girls remind me a lot of the girls I went to high school with.

ZTA-I liked the girls here also. We made bunnies out of a stress ball and a washcloth. They send them to women who are rebuilding muscles after having a masectomy (sp?)

Of the philanthropies I liked AXO and ZTA the best. They both are so directly related to women and helping problems that so much more often affect women. I know that men can be abused and get breast cancer-but the vast majority with each problem are women. [I'll get off of my soapbox now.]
Old 08-15-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Third Day:
I was asked back to all 8 houses- I released Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Delta Delta, and Phi Mu. Today we watched a skit.

AXO-Their skit was very cute and touching. It was of a girl getting ready to get married. She and her bridesmaids were going through a hope chest and reminiscing. On another stage there were girls acting out the memories. The girl I talked to was awesome. She and I talked very easily.

KD-Their skit was Bye-Bye Birdie. I haven't seen that play so I didn't really get it. The girl I talked to was very nice but our coversation didn't really flow well.

Kappa-Their skit was a take on The Wizard of OZ. They had the saphire city instead of the emerald city-way cute. I talked to two girls here-both were easy to talk to.

PiPhi-Grease was the skit here. They had girls dressed like boys which was kind of disturbing the more I thought about it. At first I didn't think so because it was my first party of the day. But they were the only ones of my five that had "boys" in their skit. The girls were nice but seemed a little aloof.

Zeta-They wore hard rock cafe polos tha said Zeta Rock instead. They did a little variety show and had a girl dressed like Marilyn Monroe, a shiny Harley, and a really juke box. I really liked the girls I talked to.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Fourth Day (Prefs):
I was asked back to all five and I chose not to return to Kappa Delta and Pi Beta Phi. I think I knew after day 1 that these were my favorite 3-so tonight was difficult.

AXO-They girls were all wearing red-they looked so warm. We ate "Dreamcake" and watched a slide show. I almost cried. Then they had a ceremony where many of the seniors talked about what the house had meant to them over the past few years. They sang Circle of Friends and Angels Among Us. Then they gave us a scarlet carnation and a pearl. On our way out we dropped the pearl into a fountain and made a wish and handed the carnation back to the girl. I cried when they sang Circle of Friends. When we were walking out the girl I was talking to said that she would really love to see me in her letters the next day.

KKG-The girls here all wore black-they looked very classy. We had cheesecake and watched a video. Then we had a ceremony-it was fairly similar to AXOs, different music. My girl told me that if I was there on Bid Day she was going to take another little even though she's a senior. They gave us an iris and my girl cried when she had to take it back.

ZTA-These girls all wore white. We ate cheesecake here too. We also watched a slide show. I almost lost it every time they showed pictures at all three houses (I guess I'm just sentimental). Then we had a ceremony were the girls all lit candles and they told us what the house meant to them. They handed each of us a candle and talked some more. Finally they told us that their circle was incomplete without each of us and that they hoped we would be back tomorrow to add our light to theirs-I bawled.

I went back and took longer than anyone else on my floor to rank my 3.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Aiiii! I can't wait to hear where you went...